Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

shreeux

Movie Buff
Kuttavum Shikshayum - 2022
2h 18m

My Rating:- 6.5/10

Trailer: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JNq3mcymdE&ab

Based on a jewelry robbery that occurred in Kasaragod in 2015.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy (2019) - 8/10
This movie is damn good. The War scenes are the best I've seen. Full of Patriotism and excellent end credits :)
Even better than Bahubali ;). Though a bit lengthy but a must watch for all.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Prey - 2022
1h 39m

My Rating:- 8/10

Trailer: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ7LytagKlc&ab

Awesome...

It's a Prequel to Predator's origin story of the first Predator alien to appear on Earth.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Watched LSC 2/10
In short- Maza nhi aaya, did not have that feel of Forrest gump.

In long(Contains spoilers)
- The movie kicks of kind of ok, not to great. It is pretty much copied from Forrest gump. But they however missed some major things, They completely forgot that indian army recruitment is different from normal one, and they cannot recruit Low Mental ability/ PwD candidates like that. Also, That terrorist/soldier captured did not have any uniform or badge when captured, how can the army let him go away? Army classifies such people as prisoner of war. Secondly, the equivalent of table tennis part was missing. During the part where he sets up his own company, it felt way too artificial. Is that Pakistani basically taking indian earned money to Pakistan to setup school without getting under radar of Government? Indian money is used for laundering and trafficking by terrorists. How did no one catch him?

And most major blunder, What language was he speaking throughout? That was definitely not Punjabi. I live among Punjabis and that was just Hindi but swapped few words to sound like it. He didnt have to give that PK look in the movie, it was totally useless in that context.

Neither was it a perfect copy, neither a perfect adoption.

This was first time after covid I went to cinema... OTT has made everyone lazy.

Zangetsu

Nope (2022) - 8/10
One of the best entry in Sci-Fi Horror. Excellent movie by Jordan Peele.
Excellent Cinematography, Sound and VFX. First half is a bit slow as it build the pace and once it builds....WOW!!!

shreeux

Movie Buff
Nope (2022) - 8/10
One of the best entry in Sci-Fi Horror. Excellent movie by Jordan Peele.
Excellent Cinematography, Sound and VFX. First half is a bit slow as it build the pace and once it builds....WOW!!!
Compare to his previous movies...less thrill & tense

Zangetsu

Begum Jaan (2017) - 6.5/10
I had low hopes with this movie, as it starts slow and is dull in first half. But second half is amazing. The Dialogues are brilliant and the ending. Many scenes are emotional and has good thought process.
The Songs are good too especially "Woh Subah Hami se Aayegi...." , with good lyrics.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hellraiser (2022) - 6.5/10

Despite being a reboot, it still feels a bit too tame compared to the original. I have watched most of the Hellraiser movies and this one feels more like a sequel than a reboot. The concept is good and I liked the new art design of the Cenobites but almost everything about the movie is unmemorable. Almost all the characters, feel one dimensional and the lack of gore (there is some but not a lot) really turned me off. In other words, this one does not feel as scary as the first one.

The new female Pinhead design was good but doesn't have as much a central to the movie as I would have thought. She probably had about 4-5 mins of screentime in the entire movie which is too low for what is supposed to be an iconic character in the series. And in what little screentime she has in most of it she's standing still doing nothing, except for two scenes that I remember.

I also didn't like that the cenobites are shown to be more like zombies who just chase people about senselessly when they are actually supposed to be much more intelligent.

I'd say it's a good one time watch, but I don't think this is a return to form for the Hellraiser series.

Zangetsu

Laal Singh Chaddha - 8/10
Beautiful movie, not copied anything from Forest Gump so no comparison, inspired from it. Boycotting this movie was useless.
Don't listen to what others say...just watch it. It's available on Netflix. Most of the reviewers have given it a pretty low rating after watching in Theatres which it definitely doesn't deserve.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
All Quiet On The Western Front - 8/10

Good film if you like war movies. A bit slow and dramatic since it mostly tells a personal story of Paul, one of the volunteers in the German army during WW1. Shows a more mundane aspect of war with soldiers foraging for food and then there are scenes of brutal trench fighting and soldiers rushing across no man's land.

All roles were played pretty well IMO. Kinda reminds me of 1917 though on a somewhat bigger scale.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - 6.5/10

Good spectacle but somewhat poor writing. Forgettable at best I think.

This is one of those "leave your brain at home" kind of movies. There's a lot of things that don't make sense and apart from a few characters, everyone else has little to no personality. There are some scenes that just make no sense, as in you could remove them and it wouldn't affect the story much at all. Main characters are Mary Sues who are just good at everything.

Story is okay as far as Marvel movies go but nothing too spectacular about it. I think the visuals and fights scenes make this movie, everything else is just mediocre at best.

Good homage to Chadwick.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Monica O My Darling - 2022
2h 9m

My Rating:- 7/10

Trailer: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQubo_u_jec&ab

An adaptation of the 1989 Japanese novel Burutasu No Shinzou by Keigo Higashino.

The same story movie was released in...
Brutus' Heart -2011
Original title: Burûtasu no shinzou

The film's title is taken from the 1971 film Caravan's song "Piya Tu Ab To Aja"

A Delightfully Black Comedy Movie...Really liked this...!!!

Top Bottom