Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have not watched a Single Star War movies yet.
Is this the correct order to watch all the Star War movies ?

• Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
  • Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope
  • Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back
  • Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi
  • Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens
  • Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi
  • Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker

Zangetsu

Watch in order of release.

That is episode 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3 and then the rest.
I want to make the series a smooth watch and no confusion. So, I should consider as per year of release ? Episode 4 is where the story starts ?

I went through this website
*www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-watch-the-star-wars-movies-in-order

And they we can watch in Chronological order or Release order.

Zangetsu

The Hateful Eight (2015) - 8/10
Fantastic Movie by Tarantino. He is known for making excellent movies with Superb Cinematography, Story telling, Characters & Acting.
Must watch by all QT fans.

Samuel is one of the Epic legendary Actors of all time. :)

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Silent release ? Maybe you missed the promos. I was able to watch it in a theatre in a small city in Canada. That's very unusual for a Kannada movie.

Maybe I missed them, But i couldn't see any posters/Flex on highways or the review Done by radio etc. Much this time as it happened with kgf. (They literally covered highway with its posters).

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Maybe I missed them, But i couldn't see any posters/Flex on highways or the review Done by radio etc. Much this time as it happened with kgf. (They literally covered highway with its posters).
Which city do you live may I ask ? I guess the series is famous enough it may may have reduced the posters and hoardings. The social media has ample promo and people discussing it.

Zangetsu

Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019) - 8/10
Marvelous movie and excellent acting by Kangana. Even the supporting actors did a great job. Narration, Cinematography & SFX are excellent. Dialogues are really good (Thanks to Prasoon Joshi).
It's Sad that it was not a blockbuster in Bollywood :(
Highly underrated.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
How is it compared to 1st part?
I didn't like. More action. Rocky bhai killed him, then killed another guy... And movie ends.

Heavily inspired by Jack Snyder style of filmmaking (slow motion shots, dark frames) along with best inspired scenes from Mad Max fury road, dialog from Breaking Bad (I'm the danger) , dialog from BvS(I guess he bleeds) and lots and lots more.

I mean if you are into movies and TV shows, you'll see a hell lot of pop culture reference throughout the movie.

Sent from my SM-M515F using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I didn't like KGF 1 only because the movie was too fast to understand. Every scene (except few) they have jumped from one scene to another so quickly that it was very difficult to understand and grasp what was going on ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Cellar (2022) – Typical horror movie with a very predictable ending like many other movies of the same category. 5.5/10

Graveyard Disturbance (1986) – this one is a rare gem, have a very nice unpredictable ending and modern horror flicks can learn a thing or two from this one.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
watched jana gana mana ,
expect 2nd half to be better than first one , if anyone's going to watch.
There are a lot of references and they become part of the movie ,
Its basically contemporary India.

Top Bottom