Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ankushv

Journeyman
I used to what a Japanese huge robot movie that used to telecasted every Saturday and then mahabharat where all my family members used to see and then my uncle used to bring Mickey mouse and other cartoons tape drives for rent and I used to watch over our vcr.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk
That was Giant Robot . The japanese serial .
Spiderman would come on Doordarshan on Saturday afternoon in the summer may vacations .
Along with He Man too .
Good old days .

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There were two renditions of spiderman cartoon, the old one and the. 1994 one. The 1994 one still holds up today in terms of plot, music.
My favourite episodes were the manspider-punisher ones.

ankushv

Journeyman
I watched the old Spiderman on Doordarshan , it used to be awesome . That time dd in Mumbai had 2 channels . Channel 4 and 6 ( we called it the second channel) .
Also watched
The old fox , didi's comedy show , to the manor born , yes minister , yes prime minister all quality programming from dd back then .
Good old days .

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
the old spider man cartoons from '94 still hold up extremely well even to this day-its characterization of spider man/peter parker and his array of classic villains is perhaps the most definitive out of all of their portrayals that have been made in films,tv etc in recent times.

Movies like no way home are nowhere close to it in terms of its story or acting -i think that tom holland fellow is a total misfit as spider man. He looks like a prematurely old bloke who's desperately trying to portray an individual in his early teens and failing miserably at it. Even more annoying is the character of aunt may and that african american girl with a weird name called zendaya or something whose depiction of MJ is quite abysmal tbh.

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
^Everything is Left/Right Wing propaganda if one is on extreme side of either wing.

Propaganda is the driving force of democracy. Every democracy has that. What we need to do is use our own logic.

K_akash_i

Journeyman
^Everything is Left/Right Wing propaganda if one is on extreme side of either wing.

Propaganda is the driving force of democracy. Every democracy has that. What we need to do is use our own logic.
sure, clearly neglecting everyone elses death and only showing deaths of hindus seems a bit too out of hand taking the sheep further more violent and extremist
u could show a historical event with almost complete truth or showing parts of it , but only showing one section and rushing politicians(i wouldnt say they are mentally fit enough to be called as politicians, they are mere puppets) inside theatres to give speeches later after the movie inciting violence and hate is on a whole other level !

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Agreed. Discuss the movie objectively and try not to bring politics about it here. That road only leads to butthurt-ery and a bad day for everyone.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Watched the Kashmir files. 9/10
Good movie overall. Shows something which should have been shown long before.

Many movies have been made on how everything is equal etc. But no one showed this.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Watched the Kashmir files. 9/10
Good movie overall. Shows something which should have been shown long before.

Many movies have been made on how everything is equal etc. But no one showed this.
I have not yet seen Kashmir Files. But I think this another movie is also based on same subject.
*www.imdb.com/title/tt10751548/?ref_=hm_rvi_tt_i_7

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Badhaai Do (2022) - 8/10
Superb movie. As good as Badhaai Ho but on completely different topic. Excellent acting by Rajkummar Rao & Bhumi.
A lot of humor and a society concern to think of.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Why this movie is super edgy. I mean heath managed to convince Joker was a threat without sounding edgy af.

I geddit this movie supposed to portray much darker tone but still..
I like edgy movies so for me this is pretty normal. Only thing I dislike is that this Joker seems pretty tame but then we've not seen what he's capable of in this universe so well have to wait and watch.

Top Bottom