Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
Its already out there! Like for a long time!
BRRip
i have plans to see it in theatre this weekend with my friend. i hope the provide morning shows due to the oscar phenomenon.
br rips are pretty much last resort, nothing beats the big screen to watch a good movie. :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Parasite (2019) - 8/10
Excellent movie from Bong Joon. The title of the movie matches its plot. All characters were excellent in acting, drama & comedy.
Though some people might not consider it that great to deserve an Oscar.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Parasite (2019) - 8/10
Excellent movie from Bong Joon. The title of the movie matches its plot. All characters were excellent in acting, drama & comedy.

What the movie is about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shreeux

Movie Buff
Parasite (2019) - 8/10

Great...You may try his previous movie also...If not watched.,
Memories of Murder
Mother

icebags

Technomancer
Parasite - 8.x/10

there are some overwhelming reviews and praises for the movie from critics and audiences, which don't disagree to much with. but it was rather a good k-movie for me, that was well built with good storyline, well told with neatly designed movie sets and casts.

somewhere somehow however, it felt a little bit of overacting and some scenes a bit exaggerated. also felt the maker had some kind of subconscious distrusts or dissatisfaction with the needy class, which i can be also wrong with, not sure. and also sublime sexual references are a bit high.

one of the greatest mysteries though, police not seizing weapons of murder into their custody.

it's interesting to see k-movies in theatres every once in a while with large number of audiances, i hope they will keep coming in future every once in a while too.

a quick sample of a review, for those who have seen the movie or don't mind getting spoiled before watching it :

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Marriage Story ... The acting was the best part of this movie. top-notch and certainly Oscar-worthy. And Scarlett Johansson did receive the nomination. The plot is simple, two people in love, fight for what they believe is best for them in the given circumstances, and decide to get a divorce. But frankly speaking, I didn't enjoy how the plot unfoldes eventually. This was more of a divorce story than marriage. Don't get me wrong the writing is to the highest standards, but I strongly believe, the journey of pain and suffering and trial and tribulations should have made them realise the importance of love, life, sacrifice. The characters or the couple, in this case, didn't grow as the movie/life progresses. Its clearly shown that both of them loved each other truly and passionately, but neither of them actually tries to "sort" or "learn" from anything they shared on-screen which eventually was turning out to be the end of their story.
The ideal ending would have been if the couple would have worked their way out from commitment and compromise and self-sacrifice for their love for each other and more importantly love for their family.
My rating would be 6.5/10

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Parasite (2019) - 8/10
Just watched Parasite completely agree that the movie is good but i guess too hyped for oscars.I mean the plot isnt much its very simple.I would consider it good but not good enough for oscars.
7.5/10 for me

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
^ have you seen it in theatre?

yes, of course.

Just watched Parasite completely agree that the movie is good but i guess too hyped for oscars.I mean the plot isnt much its very simple.I would consider it good but not good enough for oscars.
7.5/10 for me

you will find some interesting details, sense of perfection and some Easter egg stuff if you look closely. you may check this montage analysis to start with.

whether orcar worthy or not, can't tell, but the plot was very well thought, well planned and well presented, if you look closely.
the acting feels like ballet dancing a lot of times, rhythmic and measured for perfection. which is very pleasant to see, but sometimes feels like watching drama than a movie.

Last edited:

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
^^But what i feel is that some parts of the movie were over exaggerated like the tuberculosis part where he used red sauce as blood i dont know if it was a humour part for the movie or not.Its a really good movie though.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^But what i feel is that some parts of the movie were over exaggerated like the tuberculosis part where he used red sauce as blood i dont know if it was a humour part for the movie or not.Its a really good movie though.

Its symbolism.

To show the guys are so rich that they are detached from the reality.
Kind of got mocked there that their superiority complex compelled them to believe the disease was real.

icebags

Technomancer
^^But what i feel is that some parts of the movie were over exaggerated
i too thought that, some exaggerated stuff some over dramatic stuff, some unnecessary stuff. lets say it's reality oriented movie at some symbolic level, where some deeper meaning will come up if you think a bit.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Watched Parasite today in theater.

Didn't want to lose this opportunity to watch a Korean cinema in the big screen.
Not sure if ever any other Korean movie would release in India (they come on film festivals I agree but not in such theaters)

b/w, I wonder if Sony Max or Zee Cinema would start showing dubbed Korean movies (one character speaking in Bhojpuri being mandatory)!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Didn't want to lose this opportunity to watch a Korean cinema in the big screen.
Not sure if ever any other Korean movie would release in India (they come on film festivals I agree but not in such theaters)

b/w, I wonder if Sony Max or Zee Cinema would start showing dubbed Korean movies (one character speaking in Bhojpuri being mandatory)!!!
Not sure about bhojpuri but there are dubs available for some series:
Watch TV Serials, Original Shows, Movies, News & Live TV Online

Tamil dubs are also there:
List of Korean Serials in Puthuyugam TV Channel

icebags

Technomancer

sometimes you get to see those in theatres these days, train to busan was there for couple of weeks last time. dubbed chinese movies are more common though. but i don't know why they did not release ip man 4 here, it got released in the US.

Last edited:
Top Bottom