Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I guess i posted less in past few months, although i am regular at watching movies... Will try to post more often. Good to hear from you guys :)

'& jara hatke' - had an opportunity to watch this marathi movie on a flight. I don't think the dvd must be out yet. It is way ahead of the time. And the emotional quotient would put any korean movie to shame. Very delicate subject handled in a great manner. Do watch it when you guys get the opportunity. I need to catch one more marathi movie 'Ventilator'.. Yet to watch it but have heard many good things about it.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
By the way... You guys have a great influence on what i watch. My movies taste has developed and evolving just because of this thread and the regular posters.. I wouldn't name the members as i might miss taking few names but I guess you know :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
'& jara hatke' - had an opportunity to watch this marathi movie on a flight. I don't think the dvd must be out yet. It is way ahead of the time. And the emotional quotient would put any korean movie to shame. Very delicate subject handled in a great manner. Do watch it when you guys get the opportunity. I need to catch one more marathi movie 'Ventilator'.. Yet to watch it but have heard many good things about it.

Looking for a subtitle of this :(

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Intouchables - 9/10 - Pragmatic, I say :p Almost everything that you would wish in a good movie.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Autopsy of Jane Doe 7/10

A good environmental horror movie after a long time. This movie spooks you with even so little actual horror scenes.This just proves again, horror is not everyone's cup of tea.
After all these days I would rate high any environmental horrors that jump scares.

Split 8/10

M Night Shyamalan is back, and he's back with a bang! A tiht script with powerhouse performance just makes it a pleasure to watch.

Pet 6/10

Captive horror (did I just make it or it exists?) Seems I've watched similar themed movie is past two days.
This is an average when compared to "Dread" or "Sleep Tight" or other such similar themed movies. Has some loopholes specially how does anyone movie the bodies without raising suspicion?!!!
Anyway, started promising but took known path near climax.

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Autopsy of Jane Doe 7/10

A good environmental horror movie after a long time. This movie spooks you with even so little actual horror scenes.This just proves again, horror is not everyone's cup of tea.
After all these days I would rate high any environmental horrors that jump scares.

Split 8/10

M Night Shyamalan is back, and he's back with a bang! A tiht script with powerhouse performance just makes it a pleasure to watch.

Pet 6/10

Captive horror (did I just make it or it exists?) Seems I've watched similar themed movie is past two days.
This is an average when compared to "Dread" or "Sleep Tight" or other such similar themed movies. Has some loopholes specially how does anyone movie the bodies without raising suspicion?!!!
Anyway, started promising but took known path near climax.

Life (2017)......Don't Miss this.......review later:).

quan chi

mortal kombat
Kaabil
Sanjay gupta really hit this time. The rating at IMDB for this movie is perfect. Its far better than Raees in every department. Overall the movie is good some minor flaws can be ignored.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Ek Ruka Hua Faisla (1986) - 9/10
Awesome movie...all actors are excellent Anu Kapoor, Pankaj Kapur and KK Raina.

Good remake of 12 Angry Men

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Split - 9/10

Didn't know of the prequel. Will have to watch Unbreakable.

Sully - 9/10

It is always a pleasure to watch Tom Hanks.

Ulidavaru Kandante - 9/10

Tarantino level film from Kannada. Director is really talented. He did the main role also.

Ugly - 8/10

Good actors.

Assassin's Creed - 6/10

Half baked.

Last edited:

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
The Autopsy of Jane Doe - 5/10

You call that horror? The acting was super bad.

Unbreakable
- 9/10

Very slow superhero movie.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Fifty shades darker - 5/10
Less BDSM, sex scenes..
There is story now, apart from other things. Also next sequel is attached to it at the end.
Little better than 1st movie, considering story.

Top Bottom