Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^ My review from 2013

David 7.5/10

A different attempt from bollywood but not from Bejoy Nambiar I guess. Three different stories spanning decades connected by Davids.

Neil Nitin Mukesh acted well and the other guitarist David did good too but I just loved Vikram's part. Vikaram's part was so natural not for a single moment you feel its part of a movie.

Stories could have been shorter though. 2 hrs 40 minutes i.e. over 50 minutes for each story. IMO 40 minutes for each one should have been enough.
Another thing I must mention is the cinematography. The moment the movie starts you would first notice how beautiful the scenes are. This you would realize even before any story even started unfolding...

David, if you love experimenting with movies, is a must for you.

6x6

Journeyman
Angrej (2015) - 9/10

It is a Punjabi movie, a classic beauty showing rural Punjabi culture of 40s. The direction and music are too good.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
David (2013) - 7.5/10
Such an underrated movie...excellent cinematography and script.

Bejoy Nambiar has directed it very well.
Vikram is always good and one of my favorite Tamil actor even Neil Nitin Mukesh has done good job.

The theme song is still running in my mind...excellent and also Yun hi re song.
+1
Very underrated movie. Such a polished look. And all songs are amazing.. If i recall correctly, each one is by diff music director.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Split - Loved it. Shyamalan is getting all praised for it and might plan a sequel for '.........'

Oscar worthy acting by James McAvoy.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Insurgent 6/10

This is better than Divergentfirst part.
Seems this is one of those teen novels turned into movies.

Plot is similar to "Maze Runner" and numerous others.
Anyway, judging this movei as stand-alone, well executed and good CGI.
Has loopholes but all-in-all time pass.

The Discovery 6/10

Netflix is obsessed with "otehr dimension" theme it seems. TV shows and now movies in the same theme.
Talks about life after death. Tred to be too serious and few 'art' shots could not raise the bar for this movie. 20 min long at least IMO

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Split - Loved it. Shyamalan is getting all praised for it and might plan a sequel for '.........'

Oscar worthy acting by James McAvoy.

medico, am I seeing you after a long time or its just me .... yesterday I was like going through some very old pages of this thread, it was kinda nostalgic, we had quite a few very interesting discussions, whcih was fun to read again, with rhitwick as well (he is as regular as one can be), but lately I dont see you posting much, or is it only me ..... am I missing something ...... ???

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
medico, am I seeing you after a long time or its just me .... yesterday I was like going through some very old pages of this thread, it was kinda nostalgic, we had quite a few very interesting discussions, whcih was fun to read again, with rhitwick as well (he is as regular as one can be), but lately I dont see you posting much, or is it only me ..... am I missing something ...... ???
You are missing medico. He's posting less now-a-days.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
I am missing you as well rhitwick, how so ever hard/harsh arguments or difference of opinion we had, in past it was/is always fun to discuess movies/TV series with you, (and other Fm as well) trust me .... :) ....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I am missing you as well rhitwick, how so ever hard/harsh arguments or difference of opinion we had, in past it was/is always fun to discuess movies/TV series with you, (and other Fm as well) trust me .... :) ....

Just start a topic on SRK and the memories will return back

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I guess i posted less in past few months, although i am regular at watching movies... Will try to post more often. Good to hear from you guys :)

'& jara hatke' - had an opportunity to watch this marathi movie on a flight. I don't think the dvd must be out yet. It is way ahead of the time. And the emotional quotient would put any korean movie to shame. Very delicate subject handled in a great manner. Do watch it when you guys get the opportunity. I need to catch one more marathi movie 'Ventilator'.. Yet to watch it but have heard many good things about it.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
By the way... You guys have a great influence on what i watch. My movies taste has developed and evolving just because of this thread and the regular posters.. I wouldn't name the members as i might miss taking few names but I guess you know :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
'& jara hatke' - had an opportunity to watch this marathi movie on a flight. I don't think the dvd must be out yet. It is way ahead of the time. And the emotional quotient would put any korean movie to shame. Very delicate subject handled in a great manner. Do watch it when you guys get the opportunity. I need to catch one more marathi movie 'Ventilator'.. Yet to watch it but have heard many good things about it.

Looking for a subtitle of this :(

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Intouchables - 9/10 - Pragmatic, I say :p Almost everything that you would wish in a good movie.

Top Bottom