Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hachi, A Dog's Tale : Great movie, made me eyes wet in few scenes. I am a dog lover so I was very much touched by the movie. A dog who obey everyone but is loyal to his master only. Based on true story.
My rating : 8.5

Is it the English version ? if yes then its a gr8 movie.
try the Chinese version also if u haven't

TheSloth

The Slowest One
wokay :)

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever..as I don't understand both.
Noooo, you should not say that, you are anime guy(judging by your avatar), you should be able to differentiate between the japanese and chinese accents.(if you watch only subs)

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Saw Lights Out (2016). Finally, after a long time, watched a horror movie which was actually scary. Well, mostly jump scares but none seem out of place given the context of the film. Acting is pretty decent. In fact, the lead actress Teresa Palmer was pretty good. There's not much as far as the story is concerned but this movie doesn't really need a convoluted plot. This is a simple straightforward horror film with more than a few genuine scares that will keep you on the edge of your seats right upto the end.

quagmire

Allllright !
Doctor Strange (2016)

VFX - 10/10 - Absolutely amazing, wow!
3D - 9/10 - Really well done, complete effect throughout the movie
Story, Screenplay, Direction - 6/10 - Screenplay of conveneince, lots of plotholes, nothing new
Audio - 7/10 - Functional but nothing memorable

Overall 8/10 for me.

icebags

Technomancer
Doctor Strange (2016)

VFX - 10/10 - Absolutely amazing, wow!
3D - 9/10 - Really well done, complete effect throughout the movie
Story, Screenplay, Direction - 6/10 - Screenplay of conveneince, lots of plotholes, nothing new
Audio - 7/10 - Functional but nothing memorable

Overall 8/10 for me.

same here. except story/plot part is 5/10. strange just did Veni Vidi Vici there,no story, no feelings or nothing. other characters looked just too shallow.

7.5/10 for fun time only.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Batman:The Assault on Arkham (2014) : Good movie. US govt official calls for criminals,Suicide Squad, to get to one Criminal "Riddler" in Arkham Asylum. But as usual, things doesn't go as per plans as no one trust each other.
My ratings would be 7.5/10.
PS: Rating is Compared to other batman animated movies. But definitely a must watch for Batman's fans

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The blackcoat's daughter - Atmosphere horror at it's best! Watched a good movie after very long time. It is very slow, so better watch it if you are patient enough.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Since I had no knowledge of Dr.Strange's character from comics(i just knew there is a character in comics), I liked the movie. CGI was great, Cumberbatch was great so I was quite satisfied until now. Seeing so many low ratings here I want to know where did the movie fall short?

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Since I had no knowledge of Dr.Strange's character from comics(i just knew there is a character in comics), I liked the movie. CGI was great, Cumberbatch was great so I was quite satisfied until now. Seeing so many low ratings here I want to know where did the movie fall short?
Story.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom