Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
So anyone watched arrival?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

Arrival

yes its a beautiful and a bit emotional movie, based on a single incident. while i was watching the movie, i kinda felt like puzzled, cause they were showing glimpses of something, and it finally came out that, it was opposite of what i thought it would be.

kinda felt brain chewing :cryeyesout: concept, nevertheless, it was an interesting concept, to find a way to communicate with alien octopuses (i always had great confidence in octopuses. i believe, had given the chances, they could have achieved some intelligent stuff themselves), who could have had different concept of communication level.

amy adams worked nice.

i missed first ~5-10 mins of the movie, so my understanding might have been incomplete somewhere. anyways.

8-8.5 may be.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2122/2130905601_9443e45e03.jpg

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Don't Breathe 7/10

This is not a horror as the poster seems to suggest rather very well made thriller.
This movie surprised me as I did not expect it to be such good. Go for it, you would enjoy.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

If there is just one 3D movie in 2016 that you should watch, it is FBWFT.
This movie does justice to 3D cinema as no movie has ever done. It may just be that the premise of the movie was fit for 3D viewing, but it is just beautiful. The beasts are outstandingly well and accurately rendered. The magic looks breathtakingly good in 3D and the cinematography is well done.

However, I would be more than happy if the duels were a bit more upto the mark. I am speaking about spells. If you are a fan of the spells and incantations, you will sorely miss them.

Acting is run of the mill. So is the sound/music.

Lore-wise, this is the first movie set in the Harry Potter universe that is not about Harry Potter, but there are quite a few [and one major] hints that directly refer to the original series. It would be rather interesting to see how this spin-off series evolves given that its is not based on an actual book/novel per se and you do not have the huge amount of details that can be found in the books and not in the movies.

Story-wise, JK Rowling has done a wonderful work with the script and story, and this movie is what The Cursed Child should have been.

Johnny Depp is there. :O :hyper: and he absolutely nails the mere 1-2 minutes that he is onscreen. That guy is a monster actor. :p

Grindelwald and the Deathly Hallows.

Super interesting!!!

quagmire

Allllright !
Arrival (2016)

[Can't rate yet 'coz I haven't understood it fully, have to rewatch]

I'll say this much in one sentence : This is exactly the kind of sci-fi movies I want to watch in the future.

This is 1000X better your run of the mill "alien" movies. Must watch if you're in for something fresh, especially if you liked 'Contact (1997)' and 'Interstellar (2016)'.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Arrival (2016)

[Can't rate yet 'coz I haven't understood it fully, have to rewatch]

I'll say this much in one sentence : This is exactly the kind of sci-fi movies I want to watch in the future.

This is 1000X better your run of the mill "alien" movies. Must watch if you're in for something fresh, especially if you liked 'Contact (1997)' and 'Interstellar (2016)'.
Did you mean the Alien movies ? I mean the ones made by ridley scott and cameron ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War (2004) - 8.5/10
Wonderful, masterpiece War movie...and very emotional & heart melting.
Must watch for Korean movies Fans.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War (2004) - 8.5/10
Wonderful, masterpiece War movie...and very emotional & heart melting.
Must watch for Korean movies Fans.

Yes,Good Movie...Don't miss this....My Way (2011)

If time permits watch this...
The Front Line (2011)
71: Into the Fire (2010)
The Admiral (2014)

Zangetsu

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009) - 7.8/10
Excellent Thriller movie...a bit boring in 1st half but splendid in 2nd half...gains pace as movie progresses.

I haven't watched the 2011 version yet ;)

Noomi Rapace has worked in Many movies of same genre (will watch it later)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)
Millennium (2010)

shreeux

Movie Buff
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009) - 7.8/10
Excellent Thriller movie...a bit boring in 1st half but splendid in 2nd half...gains pace as movie progresses.

I haven't watched the 2011 version yet ;)

Noomi Rapace has worked in Many movies of same genre (will watch it later)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)
Millennium (2010)

The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009)-Part-1
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009) -Part-2
both are continuation see this order.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo separate version

Above all include in Millennium (novel series) as well as Millennium (2010)-TV-SERIES

A fourth book of "The Girl in the Spider's Web" movie Looking to begin production in 2017.

The Same Series English-language adaptation by Yellow Bird and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer partnered with Columbia Pictures to produce this series, Directed by David Fincher,
Mikael Blomkvist character by Daniel Craig

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
158 min - Crime | Drama | Mystery - 21 December 2011 (USA)

Zangetsu

The Assembly was even better than this or The Front Line or 71: Into the Fire or MY way .. :)

imdb link please?

New World (2013) - 7.7/10
Though the movie is on gangs, but the ending is completely surprising.
Enjoyable though and Excellent Cinematography

Top Bottom