Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I like icheckmovies and like there reward system and rankings :cool_NF:

even [MENTION=870]rhitwick[/MENTION] & [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] are using it ;)

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Oh yeah, IMAX does give you different movie experience. Go for it you won't regret.
Dude imax is way way better than normal screens at least the Mumbai's and the Hyderabad one is in top 10 in the world
I will completely agree with sam9s.
Had similar experience with Harry Potter

I have been, only once though, in a Harry Potter movie, and it was an exhilarating experience ....:)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

shreeux

Movie Buff
Well I created listal account as well .... below is my list of movies watched ..

1221 Movies

This list is just Hollywood Movies .. No Bollywood OR any TV series ... :)

Good to heard..Your are in Listal..,

In beginning, i also add only hollywood movies..later to add on best movies..which ever is more good.,

Time being created ID in trakt & Icheckmovies...But unable to spend all this..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Good to heard..Your are in Listal..,

In beginning, i also add only hollywood movies..later to add on best movies..which ever is more good.,

Time being created ID in trakt & Icheckmovies...But unable to spend all this..
If you've rated the movies you've seen in IMDB, you can import them in icheckmovies.com. No need to redo things.

veddotcom

Journeyman
Dude imax is way way better than normal screens at least the Mumbai's and the Hyderabad one is in top 10 in the world

IMAX has it's own way to represent movie, I agree, However in the Sound Department it could be better. It does provide punchy deep bass effect and it feels awesome but Surround is missing.

Read it somewhere long time before, Only hyderabad's Prasad IMAX is true IMAX with 70mm screen. rest of the IMAX screen in india are Digital IMAX (LieMAX). Even the most recent one opened in Noida is Digital IMAX.

Btw, Prasad (Hyderabad) IMAX has stopped screening IMAX movies and it has been removed from the official list of IMAX theater from their official website. don't know why but it's definitely not good news.

More about Digital IMAX

ajayritik

Technomancer
Well, I don't own a Blu-Ray player yet...so you can understand I guess

I've two 3TB HDDs (3TB each; these are for movies only) and one 2TB (dedicated to TV shows mainly)
Ordered one more 4TB yesterday as my 2TB one is going to die soon :(

I never delete movies. TV shows I might have but never a movie, however bad that was but didn't delete it.

I probably have all of SRK Blu Ray rips.
Courtesy: My wife requirement.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure why I don't do that. May be this is one habit I made from the bad internet days. At that time speed used to be really slow and I ended up paying as high as 2k for an 1Mbps connection.
Movies downloaded after so much trouble become a kind of investment to me. Good or bad I've invested money and time to it, endured it so they kind of became a part of me.
This then continued and became a habit.
I had the same habit up and until recently.
Started taking back up of both songs and movies which I never accessed for long time but still had them kept in internal and external HDD for no obvious reason.

- - - Updated - - -

whats the difference between listal and trakt.tk which is where I keep my movies both watched and collected ....

Sammy's profile - Trakt.t

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Thank you .. Brother, for kind words....:) really appreciate that .... When ever you visit Delhi, let me know we will have beertogether over a movie at my HT ... :)

I don't have beer can we have something else when I visit Delhi at your place.
I have to really appreciate your knowledge and information you share here as well as the other forums like hifivision.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Anything .... ...tea, coffee, cold drink :) ..... you plan to come along first .... :)
Guess @rhitwick does not want to come to my place .......hasn't replied yet ..:)

If I ever come to Delhi, it'll be only for your home theater system. I've gone through the thread when you built it and was really impressed.
Your passion for movies really reflect from this madness.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Anything .... ...tea, coffee, cold drink :) ..... you plan to come along first .... :)

First things first can I have your either Mobile number or Email address PM'd for easier communication.
Dost ke khatir Beer bhi peelengen yaar usme kya hai!
Have planned Delhi lot of times but it's too far to travel in bus or train.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I would love to visit sam9s's HET too. If you guys are planning to meet, include me.
What is the seating capacity of your HET sam9s? :p

I could bring in some soft drinks and Act II popcorns too. ;)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Mulholland Dr
I was going to put it in the must not thread but it does entertain & keeps you interested....I loved twin peaks but lynch has gone too much with this film. I mean creativity is good but don't make the subject so complex that only few people & some pretentious intellect can understand it. For me I couldn't get most of the movie.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Mulholland Dr
I was going to put it in the must not thread but it does entertain & keeps you interested....I loved twin peaks but lynch has gone too much with this film. I mean creativity is good but don't make the subject so complex that only few people & some pretentious intellect can understand it. For me I couldn't get most of the movie.

Lynch does not fall in any calculation, so terming his movies in simple black/white is not easy.

And, none I think could have gotten this movie at first go. Everyone went back to IMDB board and tried to understand what might have happened in the movie.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Mulholland Dr

Mulholland Dr in must not list !!! I've watched it 3-4 times.
Don't even bother watching Inland Empire then. That is one messed up movie. Lost Highway is kind of in between.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Most welcome sir any weekend, :) just call and let me know when and we shall plan a good evening. ..... dont worry about seating, Jagha to dil main honi chahiye .... seating to ban hi jaayegi ... :)

yea sure check out FB page for pics

Sam9s Home Entertainment Theate

Indepth details on Hifi Vision thread ..

sam9s Home Theater - Civil Construction - PHASE I
Bhai need a video of these pics will not suffice.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Philadelphia - 8/10.
A bit slow in the pacing department, but the acting delivered by tom hanks makes the movie great to watch..

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fan

Even though nobody would trust my review, let me say something about this movie.

(if you have seen already) You may like this movie, you may not like this movie. Whenever you are criticizing "Fan", always remember the person who acted as "Gaurav Channa" was also SRK!

Top Bottom