Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lol...everyone who has seen almost everything will go to Korean movies at last. Can't deny the popularity there.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I saw the trailer for bang bang, krithik asks Katrina whether they know anything she says she don't know anything what he is asking about something like that. Well it sucks. Knight and day is average movie but Cameroon's acting was so innocent and apt. Katrina is not this type.

Katrina is a model & recently salman khan also turned into one. They only do fashion shows in their movies. I don't want to say anything further.

Anyways saw Mardaani I am placing it in this thread & not in must not thread because you can just watch it once. It seems very pretentious at times & also lacks many things & yes its almost a copy of taken.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Battle of the year - 6/10
-3 for claiming to be the biggest dance movie ever. Step Up 3 was a thousand tomes better than this.

The Grey - 8.5/10.

icebags

Technomancer
lol...everyone who has seen almost everything will go to Korean movies at last. Can't deny the popularity there.

start watching dramas o, longer & more sustained entertainment than movies. :eek:

one episode a day, makes perfect end of the day.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
LOL, you guys watch too many movies. It's difficult to catch up. I watch movies either in cinema or on Blu-ray. I don't get satisfaction from watching heavily censored films on TV or cr@ppy quality DVD/BD rips. So I can only watch 1 movie/week at most. :cry:

ajayritik

Technomancer
LOL, you guys watch too many movies. It's difficult to catch up. I watch movies either in cinema or on Blu-ray. I don't get satisfaction from watching heavily censored films on TV or cr@ppy quality DVD/BD rips. So I can only watch 1 movie/week at most. :cry:

Was that supposed to be some bragging or commenting about others out here?

ajayritik

Technomancer
I think poster was actually sad considering the fact of him of not being able to watch many movies.
People take offense so easily these days. :lol:

I will take back my so called offense.
People also take offense to someone getting offended easily, these days. lol

ashs1

Padawan
Maan Karate : 5.5/10 ( Tamil )
Plot-wise, it sucks big time !!! but, comedy from sivakarthikeyan and sathish made it somewhat watchable.
Hansika Motwani continues to be a terrible actor even after so many movies. :/

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
[MENTION=29208]ajayritik[/MENTION]
LOL no, I wasn't bragging. Actually when I started watching English movies and I didn't have internet back then, I used to watch them on TV only. Then I came to know about the censoring stuff. Then after some time I got internet connection and started watching downloaded DVD rips (sizes ranged from 500MB–1.5GB). I was quite satisfied with them until I came to know about Blu-ray rips. So, I ditched DVD rips in favor of BD rips (sizes ranged from 1GB–4.5GB). That phase lasted for ~2yrs. In similar fashion, the sizes kept increasing day by day and now the movies I watch (High quality encodes/Remux), all range from 10GB–30GB each. But the problem is my slow internet connection. It takes me 4 days–14 days to download a single movie and I can't go back to those cr@ppy encodes I used to download earlier because now if there is a slightest hint of pixelation, noise, banding, aliasing and other blah blah stuff in a video, it turns me off. So yes, as [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] said, I am a very sad guy. :cry:

I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to talk about all this stuff here, :oops: but that's my autobiography. :p

amjath

Human Spambot
LOL no, I wasn't bragging. Actually when I started watching English movies and I didn't have internet back then, I used to watch them on TV only. Then I came to know about the censoring stuff. Then after some time I got internet connection and started watching downloaded DVD rips (sizes ranged from 500MB–1.5GB). I was quite satisfied with them until I came to know about Blu-ray rips. So, I ditched DVD rips in favor of BD rips (sizes ranged from 1GB–4.5GB). That phase lasted for ~2yrs. In similar fashion, the sizes kept increasing day by day and now the movies I watch (High quality encodes/Remux), all range from 10GB–30GB each. But the problem is my slow internet connection. It takes me 4 days–14 days to download a single movie and I can't go back to those cr@ppy encodes I used to download earlier because now if there is a slightest hint of pixelation, noise, banding, aliasing and other blah blah stuff in a video, it turns me off. So yes, as [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION] said, I am a very sad guy. :cry:

I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to talk about all this stuff here, :oops: but that's my autobiography. :p

Your autobiography will be released in crappy DVD format :p

ajayritik

Technomancer
Your autobiography will be released in crappy DVD format :p

^^Why you don't think it deserves a blu-ray release? :lol:

I think VCD Format is still available.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro which city are you from? I'm from Hyderabad so don't have the internet speed problems so I can sympathize if you don't have the plans in your city.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Well, actually we have faster internet plans in my city as well, I just don't have the money to afford those. :wah:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Movies more than 10 Gigs is a new level of OCD. I think Bluray which varies around 4 gigs is more than sufficient for home movie watching.
I hope you have the proper setup (a BIG ass screen and 7.1 Dolby digital surround sound) if you really watch more than 10 gigs encodes!

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
More than 10 GB !! wow, The max size I've seen is 3.5 GB.
I'm lucky and a little blind that I can't tell difference between 1080p & 720p rip on my TV from 12 feet.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Movies more than 10 Gigs is a new level of OCD. I think Bluray which varies around 4 gigs is more than sufficient for home movie watching.
I hope you have the proper setup (a BIG ass screen and 7.1 Dolby digital surround sound) if you really watch more than 10 gigs encodes!

No man, I don't have a BIG a$$ screen and 7.1 Dolby digital surround sound. :p Actually I watch movies on my paltry 20" monitor which has a native resolution of 1600*900 and my 2.1 speaker system. BUT believe me or not, I can easily tell the difference b/w the quality of a 4GB encode and a 10GB one even if I watch it on a 15" laptop screen and I don't even have to look for it, it comes naturally. And then it's not only about size either. Even a 10GB encode can be worse than a 4GB one or a 4GB encode can be better than a 10GB one. There are other factors like bitrate, compression method etc. that define the quality of an encode. Now I'll admit it beforehand that I have a very limited knowledge about these things. But when I see a video, I know the quality. And anyway, it's perfect quality is what I look for, sufficient is just not enough for me.

BTW about that OCD thing, I think you're somewhat correct. I might be suffering from some OCD of some sort but nobody has ever told me that.

More than 10 GB !! wow, The max size I've seen is 3.5 GB.
I'm lucky and a little blind that I can't tell difference between 1080p & 720p rip on my TV from 12 feet.
You're not alone man. 90% of the people can't tell the difference. BTW resolution is always a secondary factor. A 720p encode can be better than a 1080p encode.

Top Bottom