Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ek Villian
I'm still wondering why this movie is hit. It was strictly ok to me.
Our Indian audience taste is sometimes weird.

Sometimes? Indian audience taste is "sometimes" weird? Yea. Since other times the crowd support only movies like Lunchbox.

Sorry but I had to comment sarcastically.

Anyway, I posted a review of the movie, Bobby Jasoos on "Movie review" thread, for those who are interested.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Ek Villian

The problem is they haven't watched enough good movies from around the world. So when they see a story that is a little different no matter how mediocre it is, they tend to think its a good movie. Ek villian was a waste of time for me. The only thing good was Shraddha kapoor. She is exquisitely beautiful.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Sometimes? Indian audience taste is "sometimes" weird? Yea. Since other times the crowd support only movies like Lunchbox.

Sorry but I had to comment sarcastically.

Anyway, I posted a review of the movie, Bobby Jasoos on "Movie review" thread, for those who are interested.

I will appreciate more views on this. I didn't get the sarcasm here.
You are saying Lunch box and Ek Villain are good.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is they haven't watched enough good movies from around the world. So when they see a story that is a little different no matter how mediocre it is, they tend to think its a good movie. Ek villian was a waste of time for me. The only thing good was Shraddha kapoor. She is exquisitely beautiful.

I pretty much agree with what you all have to say but though Shraddha Kapoor maybe beautiful but her voice and acting needs lot of improvement. I was getting very irritated with her voice and that joke thing. Infact even though Siddharth Malhotra was stiff I still felt it was decent enough. Also I don't know why there is so much hype about Ritesh Deshmukh Performance. The role looked so one dimensional to me.

Too be very honest I didn't like I saw Devil movie storyline. This Mohit Suri is ending up just like his Uncle, copying all inspired movie.

I read somewhere this was the second highest or whatever opening this year for Hindi movies for this movie. I feel it doesn't deserve it.

Ek Villian
Is it really a hit? Are you sure?
Anyways if people (I am sure most of the bewdas) liked aashiqui 2 then it may be.
The problem is they haven't watched enough good movies from around the world. So when they see a story that is a little different no matter how mediocre it is, they tend to think its a good movie.
The problem is you haven't seen enough beautiful girls around the world. So when you saw the lady you mentioned she is little different no matter how average she is. Yopu tend to think she is exquisitely beautiful
Ek villian was a waste of time for me. The only thing good was Shraddha kapoor. She is exquisitely beautiful.
The answer is given above.

Follow on.

1.Bhai is extremely handsome with a good physique. He is talented and have "jhakaas" personality. I love to see him on the scree no matter how the movie is.
2. srk is a so charming and his dimples.....wow! I love to see him on big screen no matter how his movies are.
3. Aamir is so intelligent I will never miss any of his films.

Now tell me how different is YOUR thought compared to them based on the post you have made?

(Please note I am not telling anyone beautiful or ugly its just an example)

More over there is this pretentious thing I have observed in may Indians(Mostly girls). They act as if they have a great knowledge & understand of cinema than others.They will go with the majority without even thinking why they are saying it.

Please note that I have nothing personal against those people who are saying "The lunchbox" is a great movie! If they means great compared to conventional bollywood movies then yes. Otherwise NO. A big NO. NOT oscar worthy.

If you argue with the above then I would say you have not seen enough movies. If its your personal favourite then let it be I have no objection.

I didn't like the lunchbox due to the following reasons.

1.Gets too much pretentious sometimes.
2.Improper editing.
3.Tries to tilt towards the classics of 60s & 70's.
4.Improper direction at some places.
5.unsatisfying cliched ending.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I am glad thread title is changed. Gives a proper perspective now as people will post their opinions nonetheless if the movies is good or bad. Works for me to pick which to watch and which to avoid on that basis.
What is V1?
But we already have a "must not watch" thread for posting only 'bad' movies!

3.Tries to tilt towards the classics of 60s & 70's.
5.unsatisfying cliched ending.

So?

harry10

Gadgets freak
Ek Villain is a ridiculous adaptation. Shraddha Kapoor no matter how beautiful she is can't act. Siddharth was decent but needs to work on his dialogue delivery. Riteish was strictly OK and nothing exceptional as some people have made him out. Like srkmish said people haven't seen good movies and so they get excited with such a terrible execution of a good storyline.

harry10

Gadgets freak
If you think Ek Villan is getting more praise than it deserves, then wait for Sallu Bhai's KICK....

I had the misfortune of watching Sallu Bhais Bodyguard and decided then and there never ever I will watch a Salman Khan film.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ek Villain is a ridiculous adaptation. Shraddha Kapoor no matter how beautiful she is can't act. Siddharth was decent but needs to work on his dialogue delivery. Riteish was strictly OK and nothing exceptional as some people have made him out. Like srkmish said people haven't seen good movies and so they get excited with such a terrible execution of a good storyline.

I agree with every single word that you typed here.
Seriously one movie success has gone to her head.
Too be very honest I think neither actors acted well in Aashiqui2.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think Ek Villan is getting more praise than it deserves, then wait for Sallu Bhai's KICK....

I watched the original Kick in Telugu and throughly enjoyed it.
Unless there is too much of tweaking happening I think this movie will work.
You can't compare Ek Villain with Kick.
There was hardly any entertainment in Ek Villain.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the misfortune of watching Sallu Bhais Bodyguard and decided then and there never ever I will watch a Salman Khan film.

I'm not a Salman Khan fan but I can tell you for sure that the number of people who will stop watching his movies will be lesser than the people who would want to watch his movies.

But we already have a "must not watch" thread for posting only 'bad' movies!
So?
so it shows the makers of this film didn't want to take any risks.
so it is NOT a great movie because except for the dabba there is nothing new in this movie.
so if they had given more time in this movie it could have been better.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
That is the most sensefull post I have seen in a long time. Not everyone's taste is same. Even the Top movies lists on IMDb is very controversial (Django Unchained before Inglourious Basterds? Many don't agree). Personally I didn't like "The Godfather", but it's number 2 on IMDb Top 250.

I don't see how something like that would be controversial IMDb ratings are based on user's vote hence the majority's opinion, it don't matter whether the critics say otherwise.

On the other hand, i can't believe you actually found "The Godfather" boring, Maybe its the pace of the movie, but the environment and the overall mood of the film helps you to feel like you are in the Corleone family (atleast that's what happened in my case ) you get that sense of the mafia and all. You can relate to Mikey and the pure acting ability of the actors just adds to the overall experience you get to
the film.i loved the original and the sequel. Definitely one of the best movies ever made.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Transcendence - 6.5/10 the concept was really good and so was the direction but somehow the towards the end it wasn't that satisfying...overall a good watch

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I don't see how something like that would be controversial IMDb ratings are based on user's vote hence the majority's opinion, it don't matter whether the critics say otherwise.

On the other hand, i can't believe you actually found "The Godfather" boring, Maybe its the pace of the movie, but the environment and the overall mood of the film helps you to feel like you are in the Corleone family (atleast that's what happened in my case ) you get that sense of the mafia and all. You can relate to Mikey and the pure acting ability of the actors just adds to the overall experience you get to
the film.i loved the original and the sequel. Definitely one of the best movies ever made.

Like you said its the majority votes, but everyone have different tastes in movies, I can understand if people don't like the Godfather or other top rated imdb movies or love some of the low rated movies.
Personally I loved the Godfather but hated Forrest Gump.
But what I hate the most are the so called smart people who tell me to watch Michael Bay action movies just because I hate Forrest Gump or some slow paced movie.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The firm
Tom cruise can run very well. I am serious. Perhaps thats why the directors showed him running in many of his movies.
Anyways this movie has so many financial technicalities that at some point you may end up getting nothing. Still overall a good movie.

ashs1

Padawan
The firm
Tom cruise can run very well. I am serious. Perhaps thats why the directors showed him running in many of his movies.
Anyways this movie has so many financial technicalities that at some point you may end up getting nothing. Still overall a good movie.

Good movie. :) It is based on John Grisham's book ( the firm :p )..which is much more entertaining. :)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Good movie. :) It is based on John Grisham's book ( the firm :p )..which is much more entertaining. :)

Oh..have you read the book? I haven't. The book is always better in most of the cases.:). Also read they have changed few things from the book.

harry10

Gadgets freak
Oh..have you read the book? I haven't. The book is always better in most of the cases.:). Also read they have changed few things from the book.

You are right. Book is definitely much better in this case though the movie is good too.

'Memories of Murder' - 8/10 truly a gripping movie....a must watch

This is one movie I haven't been able to finish. Whenever I try had to leave for some reason. Will do it soon now.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The birds
It took me sometime to understand this movie. I would say it was quite a difficult movie to understand especially when you have an abrupt ending.

Top Bottom