Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Pasapa

Live to die another day
If people enjoy movies like hell and these include Housefull, Humshakals and many more in major multiplex why do you think the movie makers want to challenge themselves to make better movies.
You think actors like Akshay Kumar and Salman khan act in movies which are intellectually great or whatever.

Till that time you can continue watching English movies and maybe Malayalam movies.

So you're basically saying that movie makers should make the same damn sh*t they have doing for the past years because it earns them money. jeez, if everyone who made movies thought like that we wouldn't have any good movies at all.

I didn't quite get your point about Salman and Akshay.

And i don't watch every single English movie that comes out , only the good ones (but they do make a lot of good ones ) besides Malayalam movies are usually worse than Hindi one's.

kaz

right here
Stop comparing hollywood and bollywood because:

1. Yes!!! We have some shitty movies here...So does hollywood....Have you watched all of the hollywood movies????? Basically we watch the hollywood movies which has good review, huge budget, good action, famous actors etc etc...You don't watch shitty hollywood movies....
2. Son of Sardar crossed 100cr. so does Khiladi 786...So when the audience likes these kinds of movies who cares to make meaningful movies which won't even earn 5crores?
3. Compare Krrish and other bollywood action movies with hollywood, don't forget to compare their budget...And their collection also....

So stop cursing bollywood and curse yourself....The country belongs to you...You are the audience who couldn't give what those low budget logical movies deserve....

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
^^i aint saying hollywood doesnt have crap bollywood was better before i am still waiting for hera pheri 3 but it never came :/ also why cannot be more simple but awesome movies like the lunchbox can be made We are not out of scripts there are hell of script/plots available released.Movie producers should change the humour style these new movies dont have good humour at all.I miss old days when plots were good.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
forget about lunchbox. i want pure fun movies like ddlj, jjws, ishq, kkhh, aaa, knph. those were the days.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Drag me to hell has such a bland lead characters/actors.The plot too is not strong enough. I think I will pass sam raimi's movies for sometime.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Her : The weirdest movie I have ever seen! Falling in love with a software, really? Marvellous performance by Phoenix though, he has impressed me once again, last time I watched him on Master.

7.5/10 [For acting]

5/10 [Story wise, 5 because of emotional strings]

PS : I love SJ, but I strongly believe that half choked voice of her as Samantha could be better done by someone else.

ajayritik

Technomancer
You should improve your comprehension skills. I told idiot to those people who are spreading that this movie is a hit eg: media. NOT you.

Have you ever heard of the movie deewanapan?Deewaanapan (2001) - IMDb
No I am just giving an example. It was a terrible flop & a bad movie. Still for a week it was advertised in the newspapers as a superhit! There are many movies like this.

Does joining 7 years later in a forum which has not much importance in real life means my knowledge is 7 years behind than yours? Thanks for this enlightenment.
Just a suggestion Try to spend sometime in real world too.

If the movie is good or not is each person's pregorative. However the movie is a hit which is as per the box office collections. There is specific section of media which specializes in giving or publishing Box Office Collections and as per that the movie Ek Villain is a hit. If I'm not wrong it's soon going to cross Rs 100 crore business. And I repeat I'm not saying I liked the movie or the movie is good.

Deewanapan came long time back bro. In 2001 there were hardly any multiplexes around so single screen theaters were available and hence the producers used to advertise the movie till it completes one week as the movie is successful. It was different story that by Monday/Tuesday everything would be known if the movie is hit or flop. That also mostly on TV till Sunday they used to advertise in the trailers by showing selective audience praising the movie and telling movie is hit. But honestly speaking I don't recollect for Deewanapan any paper advertising that it was a hit. Maybe Vashu Bhagnani or Arjun Rampal or any of the star cast had owned that publication.

I'm sorry about the 7 years jibe. That was bad in taste and I agree my fault. For a sec I thought you were trying to spam.
Regret posting that statement.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly 2-3 movies are good in a year and serpent what those from movies u mentioned the last good movie was 6 months ago,baaki sab is waste of money.Yaar isse achi story to mein likh deta Humshakals.Ek villan etc are facepalm.
Being good is a relative term bro. What's good for me may not be good for you vice versa. Why don't you give a try writing stories. I'm sure Hindi movies may be more than welcome to have you with novel ideas/stories. And you can earn a decent money too.

so did u liked humshakals,ragini mms(i can understand)??
I didn't like Humshakals but I felt it was ok and not bad as what was being written about it all over.
Ragini MMS is not my kind of movie so I wouldn't watch it anyways.
Can you understand or you want anything more to be said by me for you to understand better.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're basically saying that movie makers should make the same damn sh*t they have doing for the past years because it earns them money. jeez, if everyone who made movies thought like that we wouldn't have any good movies at all.

I didn't quite get your point about Salman and Akshay.

And i don't watch every single English movie that comes out , only the good ones (but they do make a lot of good ones ) besides Malayalam movies are usually worse than Hindi one's.

Let them make what they want to. I'm not saying just coz X,Y,Z movie works they should make similar movies.
Regarding Akshay and Salman I was telling that these two actors endorse the kind of movies you don't like. So when actors themselves believe in these kind of movies how do you think movie makers will think about doing better movies.

Whether English movies are better than Hindi is a relative term. As mentioned by someone here. There may be whole lot of crap which is not coming out here in India or outside of US. It's just different sensibility bro.

- - - Updated - - -

2. Son of Sardar crossed 100cr. so does Khiladi 786...So when the audience likes these kinds of movies who cares to make meaningful movies which won't even earn 5crores?

Bro I'm not sure if Khiladi 786 was hit or flop but I'm sure it didn't make 100 crores. You can check out google for the same.

- - - Updated - - -

^^i aint saying hollywood doesnt have crap bollywood was better before i am still waiting for hera pheri 3 but it never came :/ also why cannot be more simple but awesome movies like the lunchbox can be made We are not out of scripts there are hell of script/plots available released.Movie producers should change the humour style these new movies dont have good humour at all.I miss old days when plots were good.
Hera Pheri 3 may not happen any time soon. And anyways Phir Hera Pheri was not as good as Hera Pheri. Though I agree with you that as we desire so much quality stuff is not coming out of Hindi movies these days.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
76crore :lol:
But there are many in the 100cr club which don't deserve to be

Well, If they made it to the 100 cr club, they deserved it according to the people who watched those movies & contributed to it.

You saying they don't deserve is your opinion & its not wrong, its also definitely not more right than those people who liked those movies...
just like the someone can say for the imdb ratings something like "LoTR" does not deserve to be in the top 20.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
If you want more accurate ratings head over to rotten tomatoes. And LOTR deserves a spot in the top 200 , period.

If the movie is good or not is each person's pregorative. However the movie is a hit which is as per the box office collections. There is specific section of media which specializes in giving or publishing Box Office Collections and as per that the movie Ek Villain is a hit. If I'm not wrong it's soon going to cross Rs 100 crore business. And I repeat I'm not saying I liked the movie or the movie is good.

Deewanapan came long time back bro. In 2001 there were hardly any multiplexes around so single screen theaters were available and hence the producers used to advertise the movie till it completes one week as the movie is successful. It was different story that by Monday/Tuesday everything would be known if the movie is hit or flop. That also mostly on TV till Sunday they used to advertise in the trailers by showing selective audience praising the movie and telling movie is hit. But honestly speaking I don't recollect for Deewanapan any paper advertising that it was a hit. Maybe Vashu Bhagnani or Arjun Rampal or any of the star cast had owned that publication.

I'm sorry about the 7 years jibe. That was bad in taste and I agree my fault. For a sec I thought you were trying to spam.
Regret posting that statement.

No problem. I have nothing against you even if you liked the movie or if you didn't thats completely your decision. I am not accusing you of anything.
Anyways let get back. You see I don't know about you but if my memory serves me right it was mostly times of india, indian express & some hindi national newspapers where it was declared a superhit. It happens now also I think krrish 3 did that too.

Anyways I don't know if you are aware of this recently I mean many months back or last year there was a news of 100 crore scam where films which were near(or far from) to 100 crore used to be declared as a hit by showing they did 100 crore business. For that there was some controversy & times of india decided to pull out of 100 crore chu****a by withdrawing their box office columns.
Bollywood 100 Crore Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

even read this : "100 Crore Club is Fake": Arshad Warsi | HPBolly - Your Daily Doze of Bollywood

ajayritik

Technomancer
No problem. I have nothing against you even if you liked the movie or if you didn't thats completely your decision. I am not accusing you of anything.
Anyways let get back. You see I don't know about you but if my memory serves me right it was mostly times of india, indian express & some hindi national newspapers where it was declared a superhit. It happens now also I think krrish 3 did that too.

Anyways I don't know if you are aware of this recently I mean many months back or last year there was a news of 100 crore scam where films which were near(or far from) to 100 crore used to be declared as a hit by showing they did 100 crore business. For that there was some controversy & times of india decided to pull out of 100 crore chu****a by withdrawing their box office columns.
Bollywood 100 Crore Club - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

even read this : "100 Crore Club is Fake": Arshad Warsi | HPBolly - Your Daily Doze of Bollywood
Let me clarify do you mean it was mentioned hit in the column where they list movie timings in theaters or in movie news section. If it was in the movie show listings then it can be true maybe. However if it was in the movie news section I don't recollect anything like that.
Krissh 3 did infact cross 100 crores I think.

Buddy there are better scams to think about than Rs 100 crore scam. There maybe more than quite a number of movies which crossed Rs 100 crores and I didnt watch them so that doesnt mean that either they are good or bad. 100 crores is not a barometer for a movie being good.

We can count on fingers the number of movies which had Arshad Warsi in lead and were successful so it's not surprising him making such claims. Let any of the actors who has atleast single movie in Rs 100 crorre make such a comment as Arshad Warsi then we can talk.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The ruins
Again proves IMDB ratings are not always accurate. This movie has been highly underrated. Sure this movie has some downsides but its not worthy of the score given. It deserves min 6.5/10.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
So i was basically on a movie marathon for the past weeks ,seeing at least 2 never seen before movies ( gotta spend the vacation ). Here are the ratings . :)
The Godfather - 9.6/10 ( I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse ).

The Godfather part II - 9.5 /10 (keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.)

The ShawShank Redemption - 9.3/10 (Get busy living, or get busy dying.)

Forrest Gump - 9.2/10 ( My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.")

Saving Private Ryan -8.8/10 ( James Francis Ryan of Iowa?)

Silence of the lambs -8.8/10 (A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.)

Good Will Hunting - 8.7 /10 (You're not perfect, sport)

Memento -8.5/10 (I can't remember to forget you.)

Edge of Tomorrow -8.5/10 ( dont really remember any good quotes...)

Pulp Fiction -8.5/10 (If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.)

Fight Club -8.2/10 ( pretty dumb people to follow an insane person, otherwise awesome movie ).

Taxi Driver -8/10 ( You talking to me ? )

Hunger games catching fire -8/10

Despicable me 2 - 7.8/10

H2TD2 -7.6/10

Braveheart -7.5/10 (They shall take our lives, but they wont take our FREEDOM )

Fast and Furious 6 -6/10 ( didnt bother to see it when it was released , good decision)

Under the Skin - 2/10 (good for the scarlett johansson nude's nothing else ).

Caligula -1/10 ( Just don't see it )

It would be helpful if you can recommend some movies to see, as i only have 2 days left of my holiday's..

Top Bottom