Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Byzantium - They tried to make it like 'Let the right one in' plus copied some random vampire movies. The result is okish for a single viewing. The ending was like a poor man's Twilight.

pratik385

In the zone
Oblivion- 8/10 (10/10 for score)
Awesome movie..A good time pass. Tom and Morgan both acted well...Morgan's look :D
I just loved the OST of this movie..Super!
Scenic and animations are very good..gotta love droids..KICKASS \m/
Please watch this one.
Can anybody answer Allu Azad's questions?

@ Allu Azad and a_medico
Now ive to watch this one! You guys saw it in theater? coz its not out "there" yet :p

@ a_medico
I agree on Four Lions..
Reluctant Fundamentalist added to the list. Thanks :)

To watch:
1.Crash
2.Conjuring
3. Reluctant Fundamentatlist
4. Trance

Last edited:

BombayBoy

Journeyman
i wonder if bapuji watched that movie by any chance ? or amelia earhart may be ? *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gif

i wonder if Bapuji is Mahatma Gandhi you are referring to and a movie on Amelia Earhart - i haven't seen it?

and i don't know if both these personalities have seen this movie but its a nice masterpiece which has luckily been restored.

PS - i watched Oblivion and forced myself to complete the move and its one of the movies i regret watching :oops:

ashs1

Padawan
planned on watching the new wolverine movie..went for The Conjuring instead..
The Conjuring was certainly an spooky movie..If u plan on watching it, please do watch it in theatres..Watching it at home will probably not be enjoyable..the sound effects were awesome..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Conjuring 7.5/10

This movie tops my list of horror movies released this year by far. "Mama" is good contest for it and could have topped it but due to its shitty climax it won't.

Conjuring is brief, crisp, sticks to the point and never overdoes things.
Though uses 'jump scares' (literally! ) and heavily depends on "sound effects"; few here would found that discouraging.

Still, I would say give this a try, you won't be disappointed.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Chennai Express 7/10

Cast: You all know!
Duration: 142 minutes

After a long time SRK did a movie where neither he nor the director tried to achieve anything but entertainment. Throughout the movie none tried to take anything seriously and that works.
You already know there wouldn't be anything new so hardly any disappointment.

Movie starts well, light slapstick jokes (and you would laugh on few of them for sure). Till intermission its all good. After intermission the movie drags a bit and slows down but picks up at the end. The climax is also predictable.

+ve points : SRK, Deepika (with every movie she's proving she can act, she's becoming a complete package day-by-day, my best wishes to her), beautiful cinematography, very (I say very very) colourful set design, comedy (few old and few new jokes)
-ve points : It seemed a Tamil movie with occasional hindi dialogs, screenplay (noticeable holes in story; still better story than JTHJ and Ra.One)

Verdict: Those of you are going to watch it, you already know what you are going to watch. Those of you are still not sure if you should watch it, let me tell you...you know its story. And those of you whose only reason of discarding this movie is SRK well stay away from it, may be.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Rhitwick this time i am sorry i have to say you are carrying this fanboyism of yours too much. From next time please state specifically you are rating for what? The movie or srk! Btw i am not a hater nor a lover of any specific actor i just see their work.

7/10 for chennai express?
Then why not 9/10 for golamaal series by rohit shetty.
Singham would then score 9.5/10.

Chennai express is a total disaster.Telling it one of the worst films will not be a wrong remark. It has 0% story. For around 3 hours srk and deepika says something,travels,dance & the screen is filled with some colourful sets then fights. After that the movie ends.The best part!
It was damn boring yes it was boring. Moreover i don't know with which camera they shot the film there were really some low res videos in between. It was like watching a 720p upscaled video. I will NOT recommend anyone to waste Rs 180 for this meaningless non entertainer film.

Last edited:
Top Bottom