Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

pratik385

In the zone
@ Zang

Borat: My wife make this cheese.
Bob Barr: It's very nice.
Borat: She make it from milk from her tits.
*Bob Barr's face*

2. This is Natalya. [kisses her passionately] She is my sister. She is number four prostitute in all of Kazakhstan. [Natalya holds up her trophy] Nice!

3. When he carry his **** in carrybag

these 3 momemts were LMAO :D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The Adjustment Bureau ..... To begin with this a love story and I do not like love stories, specially those which are melodramatic .. (I have my reasons .. :) ), but this was totally, entirely something different, which hooked me right from the begining .....
I will put the plot in my own version ........ We cannot control fate and our destiny, but its believed somebody does, what if we came across those forces that makes those judgmental calls in our lives that defines our destiny, in each and every step, decision we take .......and then we realize those forces have different plans, specially if we are head over heals in love with someone........
how do you make that right, how do you fight your fate/destiny .........

I just loved the concept and its execution, specially the execution, yes as is there with every movie this also had its cetain plot hols and yes as is with almost every movie, you got to suspend your belief, but despite of that, I really enjoyed this movie ... and the way it was executed ....... 6.8/10

Finished watching the movie just now at the time of posting this. :) I read your post and decided to watch it asap. Well the concept was in the same lines as that of "The Matrix" but completely polar opposite. The movie abstracts the "People" except for their motives and plans. The concept appeared a bit dramatic especially in the 2nd half. The movie actually doesn't describe how everything works. It just shows that they work, how they're intended to be by the "People". Matt Damon has done a fine job in his role. Emily Blunt looked gorgeous and was decent in her role too. I wished they could have shown more on the "working", but it was a pure love story in the end. Nevertheless, its a 7/10 from me.:)

Harry wasn't the chairman right??

suyash_123

Techno Freak
I watched 3 -4 movies past 2 weeks

1. Superman : man of Steel: 7/10 : I like the visual effects and story but it does not have Dark Knight series magic in it . it is is pretty soon to comment on series as it is 1st movie itself . But the movie is just ok ok.

2. Hunger Games : 7.5 / 10 : I already watched Condemned (similar type of movie) , so the concept was not new to me . the acting of the characters was nice but the story was poorly lead . It was not having that Punch which is required in such kind of movie. Any way good timepass

3. Jolly LLB : 6/10 : it is based on Sanjay Nanda case of Bmw hit and run case (killed people on footpath), I like the movie as it was something new to see and tell you abt the case indirectly, but I think the movie was stretched too much and the songs do not fit in places.. but it was good one.

4. Premium Rush : 8.5 /10 : 1st thing is I like this new concept . the direction was pretty awesome, but still story was not that good. But the movie was successful in keeping the pace and trill all way till end . Must watch movie

5. Man with Iron Fist : 3 /10 : boring movie , nonstop stupid action , lots of stupid br#thel Scenes, such a waste of time , movie is just Gold heist , man-made of Brass (batista /wwe), cowboy and Lots of Kung fu scene.

Flash

Lost in speed
^ When i watched Hunger games, i suddenly felt it was like western-edition of "Battle Royale" movie..

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Saw Hunger Games sometime in the last month I think.
5/10 from me.

Like suyash_123 said, same concept as "Condemned". With all the hype the movie had, I was expecting a bit more.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Watched Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) - 7.5/10 Good Light Hearted Film with a mix of sci-fi and romance. Good way to spent 1 and a half hour.

P.S. - I liked Aubrey Plaza. :))

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Dead man down - 5.5/10
slow and dragging, climax saves the movie

Chinese Zodiac - 8/10
JC's effort and -2 because of poor graphics and screenplay

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
spring breakers 2012 - 7/10...At first i didn't know what to make of this movie...couldn't make much sense out of it but as i kept watching i kept liking it more and more...The movie is quite slow though and that itself may put people off(although some other scenes might just make up for it :D) but i liked the way it was executed..loved the tracks in the movie too..for a change it made me like that britney track..not much in plot but still watchable...

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I watched 3 -4 movies past 2 weeks

1. Superman : man of Steel: 7/10 : I like the visual effects and story but it does not have Dark Knight series magic in it . it is is pretty soon to comment on series as it is 1st movie itself . But the movie is just ok ok.

2. Hunger Games : 7.5 / 10 : I already watched Condemned (similar type of movie) , so the concept was not new to me . the acting of the characters was nice but the story was poorly lead . It was not having that Punch which is required in such kind of movie. Any way good timepass

3. Jolly LLB : 6/10 : it is based on Sanjay Nanda case of Bmw hit and run case (killed people on footpath), I like the movie as it was something new to see and tell you abt the case indirectly, but I think the movie was stretched too much and the songs do not fit in places.. but it was good one.

4. Premium Rush : 8.5 /10 : 1st thing is I like this new concept . the direction was pretty awesome, but still story was not that good. But the movie was successful in keeping the pace and trill all way till end . Must watch movie

5. Man with Iron Fist : 3 /10 : boring movie , nonstop stupid action , lots of stupid br#thel Scenes, such a waste of time , movie is just Gold heist , man-made of Brass (batista /wwe), cowboy and Lots of Kung fu scene.

the second part of Hunger Games is due for Release in August I think.
awesome movie.

ajai5777

Youngling
Taken - 8/10
I was late to the party!
Side Effects - 7.5/10
A psychological thriller set in psychiatric medical field.
Eastern Promises - 7.5/10
A good crime thriller about the russian mafia in london.

Last edited:
Top Bottom