Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

pratik385

In the zone
No Country For Old Men - 8/10

Snatch - 9/10
@ No Country for old men
I remember a year back, i started watching this movie but left out due to its slowness..
Its in the queue since then on!!

@Snatch
Seen this n number of times, Statham should act in these kind of movies..

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
Snatch
Trainspotting
Lock stock and two smoking barrels

If u havent seen one of above 3, then do it asap. If you havent seen two, you got a lot to catch up. if u by chance missed all 3, die.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Snatch
Trainspotting
Lock stock and two smoking barrels

If u havent seen one of above 3, then do it asap. If you havent seen two, you got a lot to catch up. if u by chance missed all 3, die.

I didn't like trainspotting due the heavy drug theme

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ghanchakkar 5.5/10

The trailer had a notion that it might be inspired by "Blue Streak" and the whole movie is an attempt to prove that this is not a remake (FYI: previous remake was "Chor Machaye Shor")

It starts well, then picks up speed, raises your curiosity and then just puts ice cold water on your head. Total KLPD!

Imran Hasmi does a very good job. He's proving that he can act and I'm giving him this certificate. Vidya Balan has executed an average role. The role demanded her to be over the top actor and she did it good. My point being, this role does not require Vidya...I would choose Sahana Goswami for this one. And I can't believe Rajesh Sharma over acting! He's such a fine actor but it seemed most of the time he was unconvinced what he was doing and why?

Editing is the worst part of this movie. This had to be a 90 to 100 minutes movie but they stretched it to 130 minutes.

Then comes plot, which is total sh1t. After half an hour into the movie the story stops proceeding. At times few subplots are developed and then they are dumped like illegal child of a 16 yr old girl.

Then the most bogus scene is the climax. I'm going to mention it here. Please be warned its a definite spoiler, read at your own risk.

I warned you!
It was 1.30AM in the night. Sanjay(Imran's name in movie) gets on train to meet his wife's kidnappers. After at around 1 hr of fight (1 hr screen time) he gets a call from his mom asking him if he had his dinner! So it was 2.30AM in the night and his mom was calling as if its an everyday event! Well, in the movie his mom does call him everyday but not this late. If he had not got that call, he (and we) would have never known what happened to the money! This plot twist is totally unconvincing to me due to the timing only.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Ghanchakkar 5.5/10

The trailer had a notion that it might be inspired by "Blue Streak" and the whole movie is an attempt to prove that this is not a remake (FYI: previous remake was "Chor Machaye Shor")

It starts well, then picks up speed, raises your curiosity and then just puts ice cold water on your head. Total KLPD!

Imran Hasmi does a very good job. He's proving that he can act and I'm giving him this certificate. Vidya Balan has executed an average role. The role demanded her to be over the top actor and she did it good. My point being, this role does not require Vidya...I would choose Sahana Goswami for this one. And I can't believe Rajesh Sharma over acting! He's such a fine actor but it seemed most of the time he was unconvinced what he was doing and why?

Editing is the worst part of this movie. This had to be a 90 to 100 minutes movie but they stretched it to 130 minutes.

Then comes plot, which is total sh1t. After half an hour into the movie the story stops proceeding. At times few subplots are developed and then they are dumped like illegal child of a 16 yr old girl.

Then the most bogus scene is the climax. I'm going to mention it here. Please be warned its a definite spoiler, read at your own risk.

I warned you!
It was 1.30AM in the night. Sanjay(Imran's name in movie) gets on train to meet his wife's kidnappers. After at around 1 hr of fight (1 hr screen time) he gets a call from his mom asking him if he had his dinner! So it was 2.30AM in the night and his mom was calling as if its an everyday event! Well, in the movie his mom does call him everyday but not this late. If he had not got that call, he (and we) would have never known what happened to the money! This plot twist is totally unconvincing to me due to the timing only.

I can understand your feeling.. certainly a flawed movie.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Ghanchakar-A good nice comedy movie,Spoilt by the climax :(

Ghanchakkar 5.5/10

I warned you!

Yup,the climax was totally bakwas

They simply poped up a suspense on his wife,and in the end killed it by making him forget everything
Some parts were left loose

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Olympus Has Fallen 6/10 (Barely making to this thread /It could be a must-not watch for many)

Keep your mind off kind of movie , with some action , BAD CGI , plot holes , and average acting-directing.

Top Bottom