Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
@sam9s - That's the second neutral review on MoS after rhitwick, and clearly written backed by the facts.
MoS fanboys are on their way, to this thread. :mrgreen:

cyborg47

Technomancer
@sam9s - That's the second neutral review on MoS after rhitwick, and clearly written backed by the facts.
MoS fanboys are on their way, to this thread. :mrgreen:

Really? nobody gave a crap about it till now, except for you. There's no need to deliberately start a flame war.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Watched 'Evil Dead'...6/10...its too gory but some scenes are horrifying....though I liked the original one better :D

cyborg47

Technomancer
Oh. Are you a MoS fanboy, coz you gave a crap.

Lemme repeat, *nobody gave a crap about the negative reviews until now* What's wrong with asking someone why they didn't like it? Are people like giving death threats or something? Sam9s is first guy on this thread who actually wrote an average scored review instead of being hell bent in comparing the movie to the original. Don't try and start a flame war for silly reasons.

Flash

Lost in speed
Lemme repeat, *nobody gave a crap about the negative reviews until now* What's wrong with asking someone why they didn't like it? Are people like giving death threats or something? Sam9s is first guy on this thread who actually wrote an average scored review instead of being hell bent in comparing the movie to the original. Don't try and start a flame war for silly reasons.
I didn't said he gave negative review, its NEUTRAL. BTW, Am i inviting people to start a war here? I don't even said anything negative in my comment. Its you who is exaggerating.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Oh. You got that negative? I didn't find any!

Aww..acting smart eh? Its blatantly obvious the line was nothing but flamebait. Nobody was showing any sort of fanboy attitude towards the negative reviews, they just questioned them. What's so wrong about that? :|

jasku

In the zone
Man OF Steel ....so my take, not that it counts much, but will share .......... first I must bring what rhitwick said, and cannot understand how this movie did not, stay close to Superman comics and cartoon series, now I have admitted, I have not read superman comics, but I have seen couple of superman cartoons and movies of the cureent gen, and my first reaction after the first fight sequence that came after first half break was, its exactly choreographed as was in the animated movie. The chaos, the super speed, the clutter, mess all was very reminiscent of the Superman cartoon. Though this for me might not necessarily be the worthiness to rate it, but its still close.

Characterization is the biggest virtue for this movie, the first complete first half is just dedicated to build the character and provide the much needed background for a Superman reboot. The movie is super serious, infact too serious at points for its own good, there was only a handful of (infact only one I remember, when Clark is handcuffed and taken in to custody) light moment. Avengers (a clear comparison) had much more humor than MOS, and this for me clearly went in favor of Avengers.
Action was top class, had to be, it was the pivot of this super hero presentation, and as I said was very closely cheoreographed, to have that animation like chaos and clutter. How ever I still missed that Awe Struck!!!! moment, I was expecting, (Avengers had quite a couple of them, infact SuperMan Returns, had one as well (infact the only one action sequence).

I love how they did not bring "SuperMan" phrase in the entire movie and the only time it was brought was in a very light way somewhere in the middle, which added to the seriousness of the movie.

Music was epic, had that magnitude which was needed, no wonder it was done by Hans Zimmer. The only time I was blazed by music in a movie prior to MOS was Tron:Legacy, which is BTW is my all time fav background score in a movie, after Terminator.

Over all the movie landed true to my expectations, but was not something that blew me of the grid ...:D ...... Sequel is on its way ..... let see.
6.8/10 for this

Very well summed up, I have to agree!

Top Bottom