Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Akaash Vani 4.6/10

So Akaash is the boy and Vani is the girl. They fall in love and then break up due to 'hypothetical' family pressure. And then the movie drags.
You could try this with your GF only....
Alone...well, there are better movies.
That's easily guessable by looking @ the poster of the movie :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Today was a busy day for me. Did not go to office. "Work from home" was executed due to the strike. Hence watched three movies. Its only 10.15PM, guess can accommodate another!

Day started with,
Here Comes The Boom 6/10
So there is a lazy teacher who somehow gets charged up to save his school and specially his buddy music teacher from losing his job. His brilliant idea...to win MMA competition to raise funds.
The set up, approach and the dialogues are cut out for "Jack Black" but guess he was not available so "Kevin James" did it. And, he did good. At times you would feel connected to the movie. But that is true for all these rags-to-riches stories, or zero-to-hero movies. No extra points for that emotional level achievement.

Then watched,
Wreck It Ralph 7.5/10

Disney bought Pixar right??
The movie screams Pixar in every frame. Disney did produce tons of animations but never achieved Pixar standards.
Very good animations. Specially cut-out for children. Lots of colour, adorable characters and their get-up. An average story.
Hope, it gets Oscar in animation section.

And, in the evening watched,
Green for Danger

Saw Pallab (Indyan) watching an 1946 movie couple of days ago in GetGlue. I was curious. Then got this and watched today.
A classic whodunnit movie. Good movie, yes a very good movie. To be specific a light hearted thriller!
Recommended!

Last edited:

Hrishi

The Impossible - 8/10

Brilliant performance by Naomi Watts and i would give her a 9/10. The movie is portrayed beautifully with extremely believable sequences and set-pieces.
This is based on the 2004 Tsunami disaster that not only hit hard on the locals but also millions of tourists coz it was a day after Christmas.

I won't spoil the fun but its a must watch for all true movie lovers. Naomi watts has been nominated for the best actress award in the upcoming 85th Academy Awards for her role in this movie.

Indeed.!!!
Honestly ,I was not able to bear those few minutes after the disaster took place. It was so painful to watch.
A must watch movie.:)

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom 11/10

Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surely you will like this one :)

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Also see the last one i posted :)

English subtitle may not be available for NKPK . But it's available for Vazhakk Enn 18/9 .

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Also see the last one i posted :)

English subtitle may not be available for NKPK . But it's available for Vazhakk Enn 18/9 .

I can understand and speak Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi, English ;) , I can also understand a little bit of Marathi and Konkani :)

PS: can you guys recommend some me some Marathi films, drama oriented older movies.

Top Bottom