Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Amithansda

Journeyman
Among recently watched Movies...
Argo is awesome.

I would recommend to watch Seven Psychopaths and Also In Bruges, made by same director.
Both have funny irish accent dialogs, filled with action that is specific to British movies you liked , like Guy Ritchie.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I would recommend to watch Seven Psychopaths and Also In Bruges, made by same director.

Didnt know that! In Bruges is my all time fav. Last 2 mons I was a bit occupied with life, so didnt watch any movies and didnt know when Seven Psychopaths got released! In my top priority watch list rightaway! I dont expect it to exceed In Bruges but lets see.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Didnt know that! In Bruges is my all time fav. Last 2 mons I was a bit occupied with life, so didnt watch any movies and didnt know when Seven Psychopaths got released! In my top priority watch list rightaway! I dont expect it to exceed In Bruges but lets see.
:sigh: Its not going to...

pratik385

In the zone
Among recently watched Movies...
Argo is awesome.

Both have funny irish accent dialogs, filled with action that is specific to British movies you liked , like Guy Ritchie.

I've seen it already and mentioned that:

Seven Psychopaths (2012) - IMDb - 7/10
Movie starts really well, abbie :D
Chris and Colin have done a good job but ending is really bit off :/
Disappointed with it actually..

to add more, Seven Psychopaths lacks the thrill and esp in ending part, everyone acted like they dont give a **** :p

Gtb93

In the zone
Stand up guys, must watch. AlPacino, Walken, Arkin. :D
Also, has anyone seen the Chinese Zodiac? rumoured to be jackie chan's last.

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
Special 26: 5/10 (the ending was too predictable for me. But my friends liked it.)
btw, sometimes Hindi dubbed version of movies are better than original ones. Rare though, shaolin soccer for example.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Premium Rush: Directed by David Koepp. With Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Shannon, Dania Ramirez, Sean Kennedy.

Must see... 8.8/10

Hrishi

We were Soldiers(2002) : A must watch movie. Based on American-Vietnam war. A very heart touching movie on war and life of a soldier. (10/10).

My favorite quote from the movie :
"Some had families waiting. For others, their only family would be the men they bled beside. There were no bands, no flags, no Honor Guards to welcome them home. They went to war because their country ordered them to. But in the end, they fought not for their country or their flag, they fought for each other."

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
If you rarely watch movies, any movie can satisfy you.

If you watch few movies, you tend to find similarities (or make connections) to the movies you've already watched. Like comparing "The Illusionist" to "Special Chabbis"

If you happen to watch lots of movies, you tend to become more forgiving to the movies you see. You clearly detect the connection but get scared that your discovery might ruin your movie experience and try to ignore your instict. So you end up liking the movie.

So,
watching no movies=watching lots of movies

hellscream666

Broken In
The man with the iron fists : 3/10
story was poorly constructed, many holes in the plot, becomes too predictable and some scenes are meaningless and really forced
decent martial arts and music though.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
If you rarely watch movies, any movie can satisfy you.

If you watch few movies, you tend to find similarities (or make connections) to the movies you've already watched. Like comparing "The Illusionist" to "Special Chabbis"

If you happen to watch lots of movies, you tend to become more forgiving to the movies you see. You clearly detect the connection but get scared that your discovery might ruin your movie experience and try to ignore your instict. So you end up liking the movie.

So,
watching no movies=watching lots of movies

And eventually you will get over this feeling of barring yourself to connect and rejudge for the sake of your immediate entertainment...you will become immune to the falsities of humour, lack of coherence and loosley coupled nature of not-so-good movies....and will develope a more keen eye of observing the very fabric behind movie making and see every each of the movies with an enhanced vision. After watching a terrible amount of movies , you will...obtain the reflex of neutrality and start to think of it as a second nature....

Three possibilities

either you choose the path to be a film critic.

you become director

you are ***** because your eyes are too damn dry watching that many movies. :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Hangover II (2012) - 6.5/10
I heard part 1 was better then this...still it was good movie...
will also see part III in 2013 :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
And eventually you will get over this feeling of barring yourself to connect and rejudge for the sake of your immediate entertainment...you will become immune to the falsities of humour, lack of coherence and loosley coupled nature of not-so-good movies....and will develope a more keen eye of observing the very fabric behind movie making and see every each of the movies with an enhanced vision. After watching a terrible amount of movies , you will...obtain the reflex of neutrality and start to think of it as a second nature....
+1

Three possibilities

either you choose the path to be a film critic.

you become director

you are ***** because your eyes are too damn dry watching that many movies. :D

I would prefer being a critc. Too lazy to get into action and direct a movie.

*www.theage.com.au/news/in-depth/so-you-want-to-be-a-film-critic/2006/04/26/1145861388666.html

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Cape Fear (1962) 7/10

In a 1962's setting this was a good scary movie but too used to such movies. Haven't got the shock but one thing I've to admit. Robert Mitchum as "Max Cady" is terrific! He made the character live on screen. He describes what mean is and how one should look.
Check out if you want.

Top Bottom