Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Mr. Brooks 8/10

After a long time a very good serial killer movie. Generally they make serial killer movies fast paced and mix it with puzzles. And almost all movies are from detective's point of view but there are few that present the events from killer's point of view.

Again its not easy to do that. Your main protagonist is your antagonist and if you fail to generate sympathy for him your movie is flop. This is where the drama, a neat story and perfect acting comes in. And those are the things that most movie makers miss. Now-a-days they make movies from a concept rather turning a story into movie.

Watch this movie. Its a marvel of all the aspects I mentioned.

Few in line that I can remember,
Antibodies
Felicia's Journey

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Mr. Brooks 8/10

After a long time a very good serial killer movie. Generally they make serial killer movies fast paced and mix it with puzzles. And almost all movies are from detective's point of view but there are few that present the events from killer's point of view.

Again its not easy to do that. Your main protagonist is your antagonist and if you fail to generate sympathy for him your movie is flop. This is where the drama, a neat story and perfect acting comes in. And those are the things that most movie makers miss. Now-a-days they make movies from a concept rather turning a story into movie.

Watch this movie. Its a marvel of all the aspects I mentioned.

Few in line that I can remember,
Antibodies
Felicia's Journey

Whenever I hear Mr Brooks, I recall the song 'Vicious Traditions' and the scene accompanying it (not mentioning to avoid spoilers).

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
The dictator- 6.5/10....typical sacha baron cohen movie..with his typical jokes...there are parts in the movie which were really funny & there were those which you have seen before in his movies...but average movie at best..worth a watch if you like these type of movies...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Secondhand Lions 7.5/10

A very well executed feel good movie. Does its job nicely. And, I don't know why, it gave me a fairytale kinda feeling.
An example of good storytelling. Check it out.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The dictator- 6.5/10....typical sacha baron cohen movie..with his typical jokes...there are parts in the movie which were really funny & there were those which you have seen before in his movies...but average movie at best..worth a watch if you like these type of movies...

The HIV-Aladeen scene was epic. Probably the only scene I'd remember from the movie.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys any suggestions on good horror movies. I got this list from here.
The Amityville Horror
The Omen
28 weeks later
The Exorcist
The Uninvited
Next Door
What Lies Beneath

icebags

Technomancer
The Samurai of Ayothaya 6+/10

Quite fun to watch if you keep your head clean, its a bit pro thai stuff, will make you think like thai MA is the best out there, but the action choreography is nice (sometimes they used fast forward technique tho) and thos who seen the last samurai will find similarity in this movie.

anyways, nice to watch anytime if you like it.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
anyone watched this movies ?

"Copycat"

"1408"

"15 Minutes"

"The Watcher"

"30 Minutes or Less"

"A Perfect Murder"

".45"

Last edited:

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Antardwand 8/10
Antardwand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Started watching this for Vinay Pathak but later found USP of this movie is the complete different story line..not much of big star cast to boast about, but definitely a good watch. Sometimes, eventhough things are shown in a serious way, sometimes they seem very funny considering the new age we are living. Watch this movie, cant spoil ur viewing experience by telling more..

404 - 8/10
404 (2011) - IMDb

I dont how I missed this movie when it was released. Cannot say it as usual horror movie type, but if you like Session 9 kind of movies which are slow,psychological thrillers..then this is the one.. The plot is good, we can relate to it easily. A good,intelligent experiment in bollywood.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^

404 - One of the best movies made in bollywood. Was aptly rejected by the typical Ek tha Pussytiger and alike fans. Just like Matrubhoomi: A nation without women.

Flash

Lost in speed
The Three Stooges - Digital Reincarnation of Classic 2D-stooges :D
It remained all the things like that of its predecessor.

7/10

Top Bottom