Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Bol Bachhan anyone?

Just one word........"Awful". Please god forgive me for watching this movie. Only he knows how I tolerated those 2 and half hours. This movie has nothing. I had some expectations from a Rohit Shetty movie but it fails miserably.

Obviously there is nothing in the story. Same old crap of lie after lie, fooling around with twins in the family and in the end everything gets alright spontaneously.

Acting is again awful. Everyone except Ajay acted like in an Indian daily soap. And that Krishna from comedy circus is the worst of the lot. Even Pratik Babbar is a better actor than him. But Ajay Devgn needs a mention. He did his part very well. Everyone else just sucks.

Even comedy is not so good. Except those "englis is a phunny language" phrases, there isn't any good comedy. I felt asleep two times in the middle but again that was further helped by the cause that I didn't slept well for last couple of days.

All in all, this movie is one piece of sh1it. From me its 5/10

icebags

Technomancer
Yeah, that is joke.
Every director making a movie on fairy tales should learn from Stardust. Just having a princess and a with does not make a fairytale.

Stardust gave me everything. Princess from drop of moon part, witches turning men into animal, cart from pumpkin and magic, promises in short all components of a fairytale.

Add to that good acting by everyone.

understood. enchanted is still a good movie though, just of a different taste. :-D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
my family is awaiting to watch this movie.. but I am not so interested :p

yeah, same situation here. but the reviews and twitteratis are going gaga over the movie. reportedly collections are 17cr on first day, surprisingly higher than bb. will watch it by the next weekend.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
apparently my brother checked if tickets are available for Eega for today but everything is sold out..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Good Doctor - Was slow but very interesting and gripping throughout. Then came the BrFking ending. Not a great twist or something but an abrupt one.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Watched EEGA today.. absolutely mind blowing.
Nani had something like 15-20 min of screen time but he gave a very good performance.. Sudeep (villian) is there almost from starting to end and he did a superb job of keeping the grip on the story and Samantha also did a very good job. Not just as a glamor role but has a good meaning to her role and most importantly its Rajamouli film (the real hero) who has never seen a flop and has every element covered in his films. Simply superb. Can be watchable multiple times. Good to see the graphics get advanced in India. That too in Tollywood. The action/graphic scenes are very good and keep you almost at the edge of the seat.
Great work by Rajamouli and his team.

I give it a 9/10.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
^^Hi Kalyan, any idea if the movie is playing with subtitles in multiplexes? I have no problem with telugu but i'm planning to go with friends who don't speak telugu/tamil since they are very interested in it, thanks to Taran Adarsh's tweets about the movie.

Anyways, it was said that there is a Hindi version coming soon(read December 2012) in 3D.

Hrishi

Saw Burning Man [2011] " , today and it left me with excellent memory of an excellent piece of movie.
I rate the movie 10/10 on scales because you rarely get to watch such movies.

Full of emotions , it will make you cry.Acting is of top notch.Plot and story is super real.And its brainf**** kinda scenes.

I am very much shocked by the number of votes and low rating of ~6.5 on IMDB , but this movie is exceptional.Don't go for what the ratings say.

ajayritik

Technomancer
From Movies like Bol Bachhan one shouldn't be expecting much especially since it's made by Rohit Shetty. He is not some Raj Kumar Hirani etc to expect decent sensible movies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
^^Hi Kalyan, any idea if the movie is playing with subtitles in multiplexes? I have no problem with telugu but i'm planning to go with friends who don't speak telugu/tamil since they are very interested in it, thanks to Taran Adarsh's tweets about the movie.

Anyways, it was said that there is a Hindi version coming soon(read December 2012) in 3D.

nope.. there are no subtitles. BTW I watched it @ PVR cinemas, Hyd.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Quite a interesting review about Eega Coming form North America

Every time I thought I had a handle on Eega, it threw me for a loop in the best possible way. Eega is easily the most flat-out entertaining film I've seen this year, bar none, and I didn't understand more than half a dozen words of dialogue in the whole thing. It's that good. It's often said that the best filmmakers know how to show, not tell their stories, and if that's the criterion for master filmmakers, S.S. Rajamouli is someone you need to know about. Incredible action sequences, inventive storytelling, technical excellence, and laughs and gasps that just keep coming; Eega has it all
Review: EEGA Is The Best, Most Insane, Most Inventive Film Of The Year. Catch This Fly While You Can!

This guys say you don't require subtitles to watch this movie.

Top Bottom