Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Watched Yogi bear on my new Dell Monitor. My first HD movie on the monitor. Till now have not watched an HD movie on a monitor that supports one used to watch some of the HD movies on my old 14" CRT monitor.
Movie was good.

Also wanted to ask you guys in most of the movies I find that there are upper and lower bands which reduce the dimension of the movie. When I watched Yogi Bear I didn't find the same. I got watch the movie full screen.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Watched Yogi bear on my new Dell Monitor. My first HD movie on the monitor. Till now have not watched an HD movie on a monitor that supports one used to watch some of the HD movies on my old 14" CRT monitor.
Movie was good.

Also wanted to ask you guys in most of the movies I find that there are upper and lower bands which reduce the dimension of the movie. When I watched Yogi Bear I didn't find the same. I got watch the movie full screen.

Congrats for the new Dell LCD, and Welcome to HD dude!
I was expecting a happy smiley in the end, but I guess you WERE happy, now that you got to watch it in proper HD, w/o those black bands :)
I know, I have also upgraded to Dell LCD recently, and I can relate to you :))

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Tron Legacy, don't know why many people bashed that movie, I rather found it pretty good, cool. :)

TRON: Legacy (2010) - IMDb

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

That's called 16:9 aspect ratio :)

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Grow up guys! :p
Apocalypse The Second World War
Adolf Hitler - Triumph Of The Will
Auschwitz Inside the Nazi State
History Channel - The Last Days of World War II
Nazi Hunters
Nuremburg Trials
Stalingrad - The Documentary
The Nazis A Warning From History

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
CARLOS. Superbly executed, splendid job by Edgar Ramirez, I so loved it. I'd give it a 8/10 :)

Carlos (TV mini-series 2010) - IMDb

Thanks for recommending this. Looks pretty good, I am getting this ..... ...... after HEROES I am lot in to TV series as well and have viewed quite a few TV series in the past 6, 8 months or so ........ recently I completed another awsome TV series called "V" (2009) I would suggest you to give this a try ...... its very engaging..... I am eagerly waiting for Season 3.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
@How are you sam9s very long time mate. I have TV shows list for you I hope you like it

1.Breakout Kings (Like {Prison Break} )
2.Fringe (Sc-Fi)
3.Hawaii Five-0 (Action)
4.Nikita (Action but better than Hawaii)
5.Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (Drama and Action.If you like gladiator )
6.Supernatural (Horror)
7.The Vampire Diaries (Horror.One of the best in my category)
8.Spartacus: Blood and Sand
9.Criminal Minds (Drama , Action/Suspense.Highly Recommended )
10.Human Target (Action)

And I have other time pass shows too.I think you already finished 24 and Heroes.

bhushanm

I Am Jack's Assembly Line
Grow up guys! :p
Apocalypse The Second World War
Adolf Hitler - Triumph Of The Will
Auschwitz Inside the Nazi State
History Channel - The Last Days of World War II
Nazi Hunters
Nuremburg Trials
Stalingrad - The Documentary
The Nazis A Warning From History

Be realistic. Movies are an escape from reality. They are for the feel to be part of something that our relatively boring lives would never have us do. Or, to portray a side of a story that the commercial news media would never consider ratings-worthy. You, it seems by the way, are obsessed with the Nazi era. Seen Schindler's List or The Reader??

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Be realistic. Movies are an escape from reality. They are for the feel to be part of something that our relatively boring lives would never have us do. Or, to portray a side of a story that the commercial news media would never consider ratings-worthy. You, it seems by the way, are obsessed with the Nazi era. Seen Schindler's List or The Reader??

Oh yeah... escape from reality! Maybe thats why I love fantasy, since I want to escape this f** reality!
Didn't seen the two movies though... excepting to see soon!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
haha its not liek we want to forget all our cares and escape into some fantasy world, its more liek a suspence of belief, where you will understand causality in a fictional way, not liek it happens in real life a la Rajnikanth

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
@How are you sam9s very long time mate. I have TV shows list for you I hope you like it

1.Breakout Kings (Like {Prison Break} )
2.Fringe (Sc-Fi)
3.Hawaii Five-0 (Action)
4.Nikita (Action but better than Hawaii)
5.Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (Drama and Action.If you like gladiator )
6.Supernatural (Horror)
7.The Vampire Diaries (Horror.One of the best in my category)
8.Spartacus: Blood and Sand
9.Criminal Minds (Drama , Action/Suspense.Highly Recommended )
10.Human Target (Action)

And I have other time pass shows too.I think you already finished 24 and Heroes.

Thanks, yes have completed HEROES, 24, then numbers, CSI, Fringe, Super natural, True Blood, Prison Break, LOST, Stargate-SG1, The walking dead, V, so on and so forth ....... Currently I am watching Firefly and its another awsome ground reality sci fi show i have ever seen. Next on my list is .... Sliders and Criminal Minds and ofcourse CARLOS....

After then I will ponder your list further ..... :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Those seems to be quite an appetite for series to me. Will take a long time to complete!
Glad that I have completed Heroes and Prison Break, and it seems difficult that any show could top these two.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks for recommending this. Looks pretty good, I am getting this ..... ...... after HEROES I am lot in to TV series as well and have viewed quite a few TV series in the past 6, 8 months or so ........ recently I completed another awsome TV series called "V" (2009) I would suggest you to give this a try ...... its very engaging..... I am eagerly waiting for Season 3.

Welcome mate. Suggestion added to my list, lets see how I find it :)

Watched 'Fighter'. Three words, Awesome, awesome and awesome. Bale was certainly better than Wahlberg, but not by much :)

The Fighter (2010) - IMDb

Movies are an escape from reality.

Absolutely disagree. :)

ajayritik

Technomancer
Congrats for the new Dell LCD, and Welcome to HD dude!
I was expecting a happy smiley in the end, but I guess you WERE happy, now that you got to watch it in proper HD, w/o those black bands :)
I know, I have also upgraded to Dell LCD recently, and I can relate to you :))
I was in the middle of watching the movie hence, I couldn't put the smiley.
That's called 16:9 aspect ratio :)
Thanks Faun. How can I Check if the movie file I have supports 16:9 Ratio?

Top Bottom