Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

D

Deleted member 26636

U want plot of Sin City:grin:...I have seen it 2 times and still couldn't find a definite plot...I think there r 3 stories in it..

Watch it ...I liked it anyways;-)

you wouldn't understand it unless you've read the graphic novels...fortunately,i watched the movie after reading them so everything seemed pretty clear.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Thriller: A Cruel Picture 6/10

This is a revenge drama with lots of sex, lots of slow-mo and less action.

~~~~~ May contain spoiler (Highlight to read)~~~~~
The story goes like this; a girl gets raped while she was a kid. Becomes mute. Grows up and falls in the sweet talks of a stranger. He drugs her and makes her addict. Forces her to be prostitute. She waits, saves money and eventually takes revenge. What is to be seen is :ahem: :ahem: scenes, a few violent scenes and action.
~~~~~ Spoiler end ~~~~~~

What works:-
>The girl. She is cute.
>First violent scene

What did not work for me:-
>Extended sex scenes. Straight from a 3X movie. That too 30 to 60 sec long. To make an impact on audience, this was total unnecessary. The movie seems cheap and the scenes seem to me to be an excuse to lure audience.

>Extended slow-mo actions. Really they have overdone it. All action scenes are in slow-motion. WTH!!! Why?

>The girls acting. She acts like a wood. Never noticed any emotion in her eyes.

>The climax. Its just dumb and you may start laughing rather getting thrilled.

Rather try "The Bride Wore Black"

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Udaan - Awesome offbeat cinema. Totally worth a watch. Dont expect typical bollywood movie though. Its slow but very interesting.[/QUOTE]

^++1..

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Finally watched Prince of Persia today. And I have nothing to say about it. You guys would have already known that it sucks big time. I would rate it 6/10.

I dont agree..I liked POP ..mast film hai bhai ............. I would rate it 8/10

Also if you wanna see some ultimate comedy ..watch THE NAKED GUN ..wat a hillarious movie...I will see next two in series soon ..

10/10 from my side

*www.desent-audio.com/images/Naked%20Gun%20VHS.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
Watched We are family....5/10

Thought its a fun movie but instead its a emotional drama...main character is kajol...kareena dont have much role...they could have took any B grade heroine instead of kareena..:)

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
logged in after a long time ... good to see this thread live and kicking :)

Movie Name:Once upon a time in Mumbai
Language:Hindi
Genre: Crime/Drama/Romance

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@~Phenom~ dude, I don't know about ur other posts/threads but this might be the best of them.

Welcome back, hope u r going to be regular again.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Saw Lafange Parinde today...its also one time see

All new hindi movies seems to be 5/10...only average:sad:

Will watch Iron Man 2 tonight

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The Orphan ......The title is totally misleading BTW ....... well with such a high rating on IMDB I was expecting something out of ordinary .... but least to say was dissappointed ........ mainly because

1. If any one has see Macaulay Culkin's The Good Son, already knows the plot ...... so did I ..... its about a psychopath kid, creating havoc in the family .....

2. The scare was repetitive, the sudden moves, using the sounds of the ambiance to create an eerie atmosphere etc etc are all so repetitive. .... ...6/10 for me ....

Some people might find it worth and pretty scary, specially because of the acting of the kid, that was well performed.

I would rate The good son over this with .......6.5/10

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I dont agree..I liked POP ..mast film hai bhai ............. I would rate it 8/10

Also if you wanna see some ultimate comedy ..watch THE NAKED GUN ..wat a hillarious movie...I will see next two in series soon ..

10/10 from my side

*www.desent-audio.com/images/Naked%20Gun%20VHS.jpg
+1 for naked gun..all 3 movies were excellent...loved the sex scene in the second movie..by far the most innovative scene ever... :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
Karate Kid (2010)...7/10

It was a nice and simple movie...just I didnt like how quickly he learned karate;-)

^I didn't like the final fight. very poorly acted and you can easily tell that the kid was just swinging his leg and there was not any contact at all, bloody lame.

Top Bottom