Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Antibodies- After Pandorum, I am director Christian Alvart's fan. Watched Antibodies, a German movie, which is based on serial killings. As expected, awesome direction though there is a tinge of few Hollywood movies. Interesting result though. This is being remade by the same director in Hollywood. To be released next year.

One comment on imdb says: Watch it before Hollywood ruins it!

Krow

Crowman
Seven Days Sunday Caught it long ago at a film festival. A dark take on life. A must watch for many of us who are addicted to Chillum, etc. :p
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Its a german film though. Chillum's reference to Germany reminded me of this.

EDIT : IMDB Link. *www.imdb.com/title/tt0484888/

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Downhill 6/10

This is an Hitchcock movie from his initial days.
Its a silent movie.

I guess in his early days he did pretty much family dramas.

fieldgunner

Broken In
Funny People-4/10

A serious film about stand-up comedians. Some of the funny parts were really funny, but not enough to redeem the film. Too long and dragging, imho. You can give it a miss.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Paranormal Activity - 7/10. Provided goosebumps at some points. It's best to watch it without any disturbance and with proper ambience. Since it's recorded with a handy cam the sound isn't as good as your normal dose of movies, so you'll probably need total silence around.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
^^The last 4 days were good. Before that it was a bit slow and boring.

Amores Perros (2000) - 8/10 - Mexican movie. Awesome direction. Its like a jigsaw puzzle. Movie is about dog fighting and a lot more. Must watch guys.

The Night of the Hunter (1955) - 4/10. This movie is rated at 98% on rottentomatoes and 8.1 on imdb, but i felt its too over hyped! Although there's a thrill in some scenes. Did not like that much that it should be 98%.

Krow

Crowman
Pura Handa Kaluwara (Death On A Full Moon Day) [1997]

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0188164/

A good film about the plight of a family whose only breadwinner has been killed in the war against LTTE. As it is evident, it's a Sri Lankan film. Uses little to no music, but I feel that this style is unique. Some glimpses of excellent cinematography (if you choose to ignore the production quality due to low budget) and most praise reserved for the lead actor Joe Abeywickrama. As an old ailing sightless father of the person killed in the war, Joe delivers a powerful performance, almost driving the entire film by the gentle force of his portrayal of aged Wannihamy. I like such films, but I am sure, not everyone would. This is very hard to find, I have an original DVD of it which a friend bought from Sri Lanka. If you guys ever get a chance to watch it, please give it a shot. Don't expect anything from it as it is one of those movies whose power is in its subtlety.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Pandorum - Nice sci-fi. Must watch.

2012 - Stupid movie is stupid. :))

Amores Perros (2000) - 8/10 - Mexican movie. Awesome direction. Its like a jigsaw puzzle. Movie is about dog fighting and a lot more. Must watch guys.

Awesome movie. REEEECHEEEE...little annoying thing.:grin:

Top Bottom