Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

adityaxone

Broken In
Harold and Kumar 2: escape from Guantanamo bay... killer movie... watch the unrated ver.... i bet, you'd laugh your balls out through your mouth!! =))

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
ok.. i watched pulp fiction ... its rated like 8.9 on IMDB.....
it has gr8 characterization, gr8 dialogue delivery etc....
but i dont get the point of it being called an awesome movie.....

can someone explain esp. whats the point of the movie?

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Tum Mile: 8/10. A good film from Indian Cinema after a long time. Emmran Hashmi acted well and the plot really engrosses one in the film....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Gamer. I rated this movie a 5/10 on IMDB and thinking of revising it to 2/10. It was horrible. Good concept, lousy execution. My brain stopped working in the first half and hour trying to figure out WTF was going on. The end was equally suck worthy. I can't believe good actors like Gerard Butler and Michael C Hall are even picking up a movie this shoddy project.

Also saw 'I Love you Beth Cooper' this afternoon. One of those teen comedy and feel good movie. Pretty good I would say. So 7/10 from me for this movie.

Next stop, Final Destination in HD.

abyss88

Broken In
Heat..great movie 8.5/10...De niro and Pacino awesome...the end should've been the other way round.imo

going to watch "dr. strangelove or how i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb" in a few minutes :razz:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Gamer. I rated this movie a 5/10 on IMDB and thinking of revising it to 2/10. It was horrible. Good concept, lousy execution. My brain stopped working in the first half and hour trying to figure out WTF was going on. The end was equally suck worthy. I can't believe good actors like Gerard Butler and Michael C Hall are even picking up a movie this shoddy project.

Also saw 'I Love you Beth Cooper' this afternoon. One of those teen comedy and feel good movie. Pretty good I would say. So 7/10 from me for this movie.

Even I was planning to watch it...didnt find it interesting after first 10mins...after reading your review, i think i will give it a miss.

My next will be Saw6 or Carriers. Not yet decided.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yea I saw it, it was really really horrifying to imagin the experience narrated by the survivors.

Particularly the point where the butchers killed two persons at Nariman house under the instruction of the butchers controller. I was also horrified by their fetish of slitting throats (zibah).

The incident also showed the lack of action on part of police and politicians (scums). Under-equipped with .303 and nothing has changed.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Saw VI - Frankly, I have lost the touch of who's who in the Saw series after Saw II, which was crap for me. Been watching all Saws just for formality. Saw I was exceptional but rest of them were more or less same. Saw VI is little better than 2 to 5. But frankly that wouldn't be my honest opinion as I have totally lost touch with the script.

Rahim

Married!
^I watched it yesterday and didn't liked it, so didn't bothered to mention it here. I found it slightly confusing and just felt this sequel is just made to end the series.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
The Tournament - 7/10

nice movie with good action... dunno felt like d movie The Condemned ...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Saw VI - Frankly, I have lost the touch of who's who in the Saw series after Saw II, which was crap for me. Been watching all Saws just for formality. Saw I was exceptional but rest of them were more or less same. Saw VI is little better than 2 to 5. But frankly that wouldn't be my honest opinion as I have totally lost touch with the script.
It's the exact same problem I had after I completed watching Saw V. I had to re-jog my memory by reading Wikipedia, only then I knew which character was connected where. I think they should finally put a rest to the series. The first one was the only one which had a radically original script and had that gripping factor. The rest only focussed more on gore and the traps. The storyline was stretching more than an elongated rubber band. I downloaded the entire series in HD and would probably watch it over again.

shri

Always Fresh!
The Ugly Truth - Comedy
Kinda liked it. Mainly because of the witty one-liners by Gerald Butler. A good comedy for weekend leisure for sure.

Off Topic: Is ImDb ratings believable anymore?
Movies in the range 6-8 are more enjoyable than above 8 ones...

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I found game cool, if it must watch post here bhai.
And final destination 4, i saw that in theater, WTF, its complete repeat, no new concept. its BS.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I found it slightly confusing and just felt this sequel is just made to end the series.

*www.imdb.com/title/tt1477076/

Theres Saw VII coming for you :p

I doubt people were actually able to understand the series of events presented and how were they connected and that is why probably lost the track and interest.

I admit my IQ doesn't allow me to keep the track of all the events from 1 to 6. I will watch part 7 anyways.

Top Bottom