Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS - 7.5/10

Good fictional film with nice BG score for all WWII movies fans...2.5 marks cutted due to some slowness in II half..

Really good fiction by Quentin Tarantino
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS - 7.5/10

Good fictional film with nice BG score for all WWII movies fans...2.5 marks cutted due to some slowness in II half..

Really good fiction by Quentin Tarantino

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Grosse Pointe Blank - 6/10

Dark Comedy which revolves around a hitman!Watch it for John Cusack and some witty dialogues!And an awesome soundtrack!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Those who liked Watchmen, also watch Tales of the black freighter - it's a 25 minute animated short. In the graphic novels, there is a black kid reading a comic book - you can spot him in the movie near the stalls that sells the papers. In the graphic novels, some of the panes show the story of the comic book the kid is reading, which is not shown in the movie itself, but the DVD of the movie has this short as an extra... you will understand a lot more about the movie after watching this. It is pretty graphic...

And also throwing in Bird people of China into the pool. A little old fashioned, but splendid. And Absurdistan... great and simple storyline, good cinematography, but the ending is a little over the top. It's not an absurd movie, the title is very sad.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Those who liked Watchmen, also watch Tales of the black freighter - it's a 25 minute animated short. In the graphic novels, there is a black kid reading a comic book - you can spot him in the movie near the stalls that sells the papers. In the graphic novels, some of the panes show the story of the comic book the kid is reading, which is not shown in the movie itself, but the DVD of the movie has this short as an extra... you will understand a lot more about the movie after watching this. It is pretty graphic...
Yep I have that. I just haven't watched it yet. Ironically, I had this even before I got the movie. Didn't feel like spoiling anything before I saw Watchmen. I'll give it go.

abyss88

Broken In
behind enemy lines 1.5/10...save your time,energy,bandwidth...CRAP movie

unforgiven(1992) 9/10(most of you would've watched it) awesome movie
road to perdition 8/10...i liked it :p

i'll watch "midnight run" tonight.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Witness for the Prosecution - 8.5/10 : Adapted from Agatha Christie's short story and directed by Billy Wilder , this is a must watch for any one who loves Courtroom Drama!! There's suspense after suspense and the film is pretty tight!! However I'm still undecided if I love or hate the ending!

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Moon - Interesting stuff. The movie is well ahead of its time. Slow but interesting. Music is by Clint Mansell, the man behind The Fountain and Requiem for the dream. Music is good but not comparable to other two movies.

Similar but better recommendation - Solaris (2002 I think)

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
finally saw Inglourious Basterds 3.75/5

the story and its potential is epic and the first half is executed perfectly but for such a story and characters the pace is too slow and most sections really dont hit the bar quentin has set so high in his earlier works.the basterds were actually the most disappointing part of the movie.the lack of grandeur direction in the fight scenes or the chapters in the latter half really hurts.
nonetheless, its a fitting must-watch for any movie fan since it is 100% original in everything just not 100% perfect or satisfying :)

PS: i really wished col. hans or the basterds were amusing.but they arent the foe/hero kind nor the jules winnfield kind

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^ I had similar effect. Some movies hit you too hard!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wasn't bad as it was reviewed and projected. Not quite in the league of other X-men movies but had decent script. I loved the Victor character. :D

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
The Ugly Truth - One of those girly, brainless movies which you like but hate to admit. 2-3 nice songs too.

The Kingdom
Khuda ke Liye (as recommended above)
The Hurt Locker
Enemy at the gates

first of all thnx for the suggestion...

saw the above movies

the kingdom - average
Khuda ke Liye - good, but slow
Enemy at the gates- too slow...

dint see hurt locker....hows it, better than above 3?

Top Bottom