Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
ALL THE BEST:FUN BEGINS - Can't rate it as I couldn't get passed the first 40 mins!!Totally unfunny!!

Btw, IN BRUGES wasn't That sloW!!After first 30 mins ,which is a bit slow,it gets totally interesting!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Alien. I expected some chills and thrills but ended up being served the same alien-protagonist-survival plot. Decent flick.

This movie influenced a lot of other movies. It got an Oscar for "Best Visual Effects".

Also watch the sequel to this: Aliens

This was directed by James Cameron. Sigourney Weaver kicks some a** in this. Show a lot more of the Aliens too.

Krow

Crowman
^+1 to asigh. James Cameron made a great movie in Aliens. Also, T1 and T2 were great by Cameron. But I didn't like Titanic much. Disappointing from him IMO, although most of the whole world would disagree with me. :|

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Can someone recommend me movies based on High school. Like in the lines of Superbad ??

There are a plenty of them....most of them bad!! But anyway here's the best ones:
Rushmore
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off(a bit dated though )
American Pie(of course)
Clueless
10 Things I Hate About You
Election
The Breakfast CLub(Although I haven't seen it, but it's considered to be a classic so I added)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Rinne (Reincarnation) 7.5/10

I was trying very hard for a good horror movie...and it delivered some.

Good movie, not very chilling moments but scary...

Japanese take on "The Shining" (at least it seemed to me) :cool:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Jacob's Ladder : 9.5/10 : They don't make psychological thrillers like this anymore!! Anyone who likes the genre has to see it,if they haven't already!!It's a gem. The environment,score, acting along with the awesome writing surely makes it one of the best in its genre!!! Had me glued for the entire time!!!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
As I have Diwali holidays, I am visiting the local multiplexes a lot... just returned from All The Best and I will give it a 7 out of 10. The stunts are plain stupid but the movie is quite funny, watchable with family and is fast paced. Even the acting is good (atleast when compared to some recent flicks like Blue). Overall, a good movie. Watch it if you want to kill a couple of hours.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------

Thanks for warning.. now blue is off my queue..bot online and offline.
beside u can't blame A R Rehman, he is after all human who is sometime stuck with directors with $$$$ and no brains.
Lol...yeah i agree but A.R Rehman has never failed to disappoint but the tracks for blue were just not his quality...i love his songs..but damn..maybe i was expecting too much from him...

Rahim

Married!
^AR Rahman has stagnated since Yuvvraaj :p It is time the master takes a well needed break.

@Others: I know the influence of Alien on other films but the movie didn't click and fell well short of my expectations. Maybe I am expecting too much (conspiracy lover :) ) Lets say, it didn't gave motion to my thought process, as some of the other movies like 201/2010, did.

Krow

Crowman
I wish people give Rahman a break and stop expecting too much from him after his Oscar. I never heard so many people cribbing about the quality of his music before he won the Oscar.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Yes, and you have to roll your arm in an arc before shooting the bullet. Thats only when it will bend :p

Soundtrack is also good. Especially the song, The Little Things.

Top Bottom