Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
seen it.didn't like it too much. Any horror movie for that matter hasn't impress me yet for the horror factor:(

Can someone shed some light on these two bollywood films:
ROJA(92)

MAQBOOL(03)

are they good?are they worth watching?
Roja is a Maniratnam film, the way there's Kubrik film, David Lynch Film...same with Maniratnam...
Movie tickets sell by his name not d star casts they have.

Maqbool, I've heard is good movie with some gr8 acting by Taboo, Irfan Khan and Pankaj Kapoor. But its serious movie...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Can someone shed some light on these two bollywood films:
ROJA(92)

MAQBOOL(03)

are they good?are they worth watching?
I'd say Roja is worth a watch. It has a good soundtrack (A.R. Rahman, need I say more?) & the movie is well directed. Great performances by Arvind Swamy, Madhoo (probably her only honest role) & Pankaj Kapoor. Pick it up if you still haven't seen it. The start is a bit cheesy though with all the romance stuff happening but the real movie starts right after Arvind gets abducted by Pakistani terrorists.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Deshdrohi doesn't even come close to the legendary Gunda...

There was pretty much reason to ban this movie in Maharashtra, I say it should be banned in whole India. The main North Indian issue was not shown properly, it was not even in focus, only some forced provocative comments were used. Are they even true?

The direcotor just used the North Indian issue for the publicity of this movie, and people who never thought of watching this movie had seen it.

b/w this actor should patent his style of saying "aaaaaaaa...."

Punisher War Zone:It's like one of those Stallone or Arnold one man army movies that you just have to watch.Though acting and dialogues are average, but its almost unnoticeable next to to the humongous amounts of killings going on :) .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Delhi 6 - One time watch but movie was not quite consistent with the theme. It just dragged from one point to another. Watch it if there is nothing else to watch. Btw those lame jokes were not good...lulz

6/10

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
^any one who liked delhi 6 should read the article on it in today's Mumbai Mirror.

if u didnt like it why give it a 6 imo it deserves a 5/10 max

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^thats why I stopped giving rating...lol. It simply doesnt matter, just a matter of personal taste and experience in movie watching.

denharsh

p@r@noid
I suggest watching this 10 movies atleast

*www.shoutmeloud.com/top-10-hollywood-movies-on-hacking.html

1. Hackers(1995) : Imdb : The main attraction of this movie is cyber-war between Acid Burn i.e Angelina Jolie and Zero Cool played by Jonny lee miller. Though movie got an average rating but this movie is worth watching.
antitrust

2. Antiturst(2001) : Imdb :A computer programmer’s dream job at a hot Portland-based firm turns nightmarish when he discovers his boss has a secret and ruthless means of dispatching anti-trust problems.

Rahim

Married!
^lol on Hackers. Thats the lamest movie i have seen about hacking.

Recommend some flicks from Brian De Palma.

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Let the right one in - The latest swedish horror movie. Few good scares and a decent storyline. Something similar to The Hamiltons.

p.s. - Just saw imdb reviews and its rated quite high. Few queries too got cleared thanks to imdb forums and FAQs. Now I recommend this movie. :)

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Watched Punisher War Zone. Pretty good flick. Would give it 7/10. It also features Psychosocial from Slipknot ^_^

And also watched The Orpahnage... great movie.. .8/10

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
:sad:.....:cry:. Boo hoo! [:neutral:]
How's Valkyrie?? No one, eh??
Valkyrie is OK..I am great lover of WWII history and films..Tom Cruise ne utni achhi acting nahin ki..jitni expected thi ..and after watching such masterpieces as "Schindler's list, Saving Private Ryan, Enemy at the gates ..Valkyrie is so so

Compared to this..The Boy in Stripped Pyjamas is far far better

My rating VALKYRIE : 6/10

ajayritik

Technomancer
Please suggest me some nice english movie. Genre:Thriller/Action/Horror.
something in the lines of seat of edge thriller which would keep us glued to the TV till the movie is running. Preferably family viewing. One scene here and there is ok.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Amazing action - THE ITALIAN JOB :).. with awesome soundtrack

Thriller : CUBE Series

Horror : 1408

Last edited:
Top Bottom