Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
So how is Vicky Donor ? Does the comedy relies on too many innuendo/slapstic / in your face or it's kinda smart ?

R2K

In the Zone
IMDb - Million Dollar Baby (2004)
9/10
Amazing film ...The movie totally deserved the Oscar award it won.
One among the very few movies which makes you think about every character even after you finished watching the movie

ritvij

rated R
wasted 2 hours last night on ishaqzaade.. was bored to death.. the story was nice along with the actors.. but it did not have the punchlines or any twists..:|
just the title track in 7.1 surround sounded great..
as for parineeti chopra.. well she is definitely here to stay.. :wub::wub:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The Avengers has a strange Aspect Ratio, went twice in two different theaters.. black bars of about 1.5 ft at both side. :| ..

IMDB states Aspect Ratio as 1.85 : 1 ..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The Avengers has a strange Aspect Ratio, went twice in two different theaters.. black bars of about 1.5 ft at both side. :| ..

IMDB states Aspect Ratio as 1.85 : 1 ..

I hope you didn't see in PVR. Cause I think PVR don't show in proper wide format.
I prefer Waves or Big cinemas for this reason.
PS: I too watched Avengers in PVR. And I regret it now. :(

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Just came back from The Raid Redemption and boy o boy what a bone wrenching, violent action pack movie was this ....... Brutal to the core, few scenes were just crazy ....... Right from scene one to till the end the movie just packs martial art sequences, and fights was drooling with tension, specially the climax fight with theMad Dog, which was just amazing .....Performances were up to the mark .... Iko Uwais is here to stay and definitely can give tough competition to Tony Jha ....

The only major draw back was that the movie was dubbed in English, and it was pretty poor ...... not only the choice of dialogues but also the accent, it looked like since the movie was to be released in India n Asia in English, they chose typical Indian artists to Dub ...... which was very very ordinary ..... I would definitely re watch this one with original recording ......

6.8/10

I saw its trailer and hoped to see it. I did not expect it would release in India. Would try to catch it in Kolkata if I find a theatre showing it.

But, you sure about what you told comparing Tony Jaa?!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Honestly speaking...I started Merantau once..watched first 15 minutes, nothing was happening and stopped it.

Another reason of stopping in between - I had friends who were eating my brain first for playing a 'chinese' movie and then 'nothing' was happening.

:( would try again.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Honestly speaking...I started Merantau once..watched first 15 minutes, nothing was happening and stopped it.

Another reason of stopping in between - I had friends who were eating my brain first for playing a 'chinese' movie and then 'nothing' was happening.

:( would try again.

Merantau is very good movie :mrgreen: can't be compared with Tony Jaa.
bcoz of different fighting style..

another good movie is chocolate :-o

Top Bottom