Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

GigaHeartz

Off the beaten track
finally watched avatar.. great piece of work bound together by a simple story line.. it was more like harry potter and independence day rolled into one movie..and the heroine was hot.. i want to be her jakesully..:lol:
i really want to post a huge huge review.. but i dont want to spoil the experience for you guys.. go watch it.. nowwww

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
100 days with Mr. Arrogant 5.5/10

So so love story...
The girl is cute but way over-acted.

But, I must say her mom-in-movie is beautiful too :-D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Wake up Sid 7.8/10

I know I'm a bit late to watch this...but it was due to so many bad reviews from very trusted and dependable sources...

It happens with me that a movie name tickles the "movie-bone" in me and I had to watch that...it was all set with this movie too but missed the firsst day show and ended up listening to reviews (thats why I prefer first day show always, watch unbiased)

This is a movie for Ranbir Kapoor...it just clearly shows his acting depth. Just compare his last three releases,
Wakeup Sid,
Ajab prem ki bakwas kahani (worst acting by Ranbir)
Rocket singh

These proves that a right director and a good script can bring out the hidden talents in him. I'm really amazed by his acting in Wake-up Sid, he is just feeling like un-wrapping his talents layer by layer...

And, lets not comment on Konkona, she has reached some level in perfection that commenting on her, is like insulting her...

Only downpoint is length.....way too long, and having given a slow treatment, even the 2hrs seemed to be 4hrs...

Watch it only for Ranbir....:doublethumb:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
THE HURT LOCKER - 9.2/10:

Set in Iraq, this film follows the work of a bomb expert. The story is deep and is more of a character study rather than being plot driven! What makes this War film awesome, and the best of recent times, is that it transcends politics and focuses on its kick-ass action scenes,filmed like a documentary putting the viewer in front line ! The film is filled with scenes that will keep you at the edge of your seat and biting your nails. The diffusion scenes are long ,realistic and very very tense ! High on entertainment stuff, high on drama stuff( but doesn't get preachy for a second )...this film is filmed like a Wild Man! (although the director is a female....lol!)

Probably the best film I've seen this year!

red dragon

Master troll
silence of the lambs,excellent movie but the book by Thomas Harris was even better.
Has anyone here watched Hannibal Rising?

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit

Well u might be amazed at the rating..but its the fault of PVR Ambience Gurgaon..the theatre is not optimized for 3D...After spending around 700 bucks ..we (me n my wife) felt utter waste of money...story's good,effects are gud..but we didnt really felt for even one sec the effect of 3D..I have been to disneyland US and Hong Kong..my god it feels so real even the disney movie is for 5 minutes but PVR 3 D goggles start giving us headache itself in first hour of show :(

Please watch this movie in 2D if u r in NCR..its worth..but alas...not in 3D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Well u might be amazed at the rating..but its the fault of PVR Ambience Gurgaon..the theatre is not optimized for 3D...After spending around 700 bucks ..we (me n my wife) felt utter waste of money...story's good,effects are gud..but we didnt really felt for even one sec the effect of 3D..I have been to disneyland US and Hong Kong..my god it feels so real even the disney movie is for 5 minutes but PVR 3 D goggles start giving us headache itself in first hour of show :(

On no....well am going tomorrow to watch it at City Select PVR. Hope it is all right.

3 idiots... a good movie.. definitely worth a watch ... go watch it in the theatres

Damn..! This movie was really really good. I will for sure watch it again. Solid heart the movie has. Best this is Madhavan and Joshi and Irani get equal screen time and importance as Aamir, same with the friend from Uguanda. The speech scene "my stomach was hurting from laughing.

Well made...well done.

3 Idiots! Remarkable !Absolutely must watch~!!!

+++++1. For sure.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

Wow buddy!! You're married?? o_O
Never thought so!

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
3 Idiots 2.25/5(round it off to 2.5/5 if ur somewhat biased) definitely not a must watch if u have some common sense or have seen munnabhai 1

first of lemme highlight some good points in the movie.direction on some occasions is really good.acting by boman irani,sharman joshi,millimeter and the uganda guy was very good.

i couldnt understand what the film was about.they show a engineering college without any scene really showing what engineering is all about.the story doesnt focus on any one issue and just tries to be a 3 hr movie with comedy and drama at the same time.
Aamir khan can act for sure but he seems like george clooney to me coz he acts the same way in every movie.
kareena kapoor hasnt yet got out of the jab we met mould.if u have read the book or applying some basic common sense u'd know that no girl would act the way they've potrayed her.
madhavan and the other cast was a complete waste of money and time.

imo a complete letdown by vidhu vinod chopra.and for those u loved the "message" of the film; are u some 13yr olds who dream of engineering and are PO'ed at our education system? why make a film on the obvious issues of our country.

i'd say the movie should be renamed "3 mf'ers" wasted my 3 mf'in hours :mad:

Top Bottom