Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

D

Deleted member 26636

hey anything about the batman is 10/10 for me...be it the comics, the cartoons, movies everything..i've been a die hard fan of the caped crusader since i was 5...let me share a poem with you-

As comics fans most surely know,
superheroes come & go,
today they are hot,tomorrow cold,
but some there are that break that mold,
they are heroes of whom legends are made,
whose shine never seems to fade,
no evil-doer shall escape,
from him who wears the ebony cape,
i refer of course to that man,
whom the world now hails as
BATMAN

-
Stan Lee, on the Batman's 50th anniversary comics(the issue is a must read)

p.s- sorry for going so off-topic...couldn't resist:D

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Defiance - A great tale of Jew Bielski fighters who defied the Germans in Belarus. Good watch. Nice to see Daniel Craig in a non James Bond movie.

Delhi 6 - Was passable inspite of the so called message. Songs are good. And the picturisation of the delhi-NY fusion song was too good.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
A Clockwork Orange - Watofooo!!! Music at best , story is cool, go watch it !

Watch tis video after the movie, make you wholesome:
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXoXSyU1M-c

Our family used to hav a batman for daily work in house...he was a nice hardworking guy.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hey does anyone know any site where one get updates on the latest English movie DVD's released? I checked out the one at imdb but apart from it are there any other sites that has the list?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^ Well I wont rate it above Alien 1 (Alien was cult classic) but definitely better than rest of all Alien Parts.
Alien is pretty funny, I mean srsly ! There was tension but still I couldn't stop grinning. One dialog can pwn anything - "Ash is a goddamn robot !!!" . But The Thing excels as a complete spooky movie, you don't laugh but feel the confusion and tension.

Here is how I rate Alien and Aliens

Alien 9/10 (I know ratings are equal but anyday I will prefer The Thing if asked to watch either one of them)
Aliens 8.6/10 (Action as opposed to the atmosphere of tension in Alien)
Alien 3 5/10 (Pile of crap)
Alien 4 6/10 (series ruined indefinite proportion)

Any other title with Alien in it is peace of sh!te.

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
DIRTY HARRY - 7/10 : Cop crime film of 70's. Didn't live up to expectation.
INFERNAL AFFAIRS-8.5/10 : The Departed is this fim's remake. While I love The Departed and has watched it over 15 times IA is very different and in some points better than The Departed(ending specially)

SYMPATHY FOR LADY VENGEANCE-7/10 : While the direction,presentation,cinematography and music was good, the film lacked !! Let down by Chan-wook Park(Oldboy, JSA)

VICKY CRISTINA BARCELONA - 7.5 / 10. Typical Woody Allen flick with love being the central theme. Not my kind of movie(love being the central theme.) but I enjoyed it nonetheless!!

Mulholland Drive- 9.5 /10 . Didnot expected much from David Lynch as i thought Eraserhead was pretentiously weird, Lost Highway was a mess and Blue Velvet looked dated. But I was really really surprised. This is one of the best thriller I've seen and was really lost!!Must Watch!!!

Enough for a day!!Good Night!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Chan Wook's first two movies in Vengeance trilogy are kind of Takashi Miike type in progressing the story. It feels a little slow but it grows when you think about it after few days. Mine fav is Sympathy for Mr Vengeance among the three, it is subtle, humorous and the fact that there is no antagonist :p

Here are brief differences between these three movies, apart from the similarity that they are revenge drama and revenge is a countless cycle which is futile.

1. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Both guys are protagonists in the movie.
2. Sympathy for Lady Vengeance - Protagonist is the lady and Antagonist is the guy.
3. Oldboy - Both guys are antagonists.

Its quite amusing to know this ! In fact it completes the trilogy :D

JSA is an anti war movie and if anything that sucked was horrible Hungarian accent in that movie...lolz. But the movie was awesome !

Mulholland Drive is another masterpiece by Lych, you may like to twist a little more on pink bunnies then watch Inland Empire. It is Mulholland Drive on crack ! You will surely get lost.

If Eraserhead was a queer movie then think about Tetsuo - The Iron Man. This one is sick fcuk but yeah thats how a person will feel in his horrible last moment (watch the movie to know !)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Mulholland Drive - Watched it long back. Liked it that time. I found the heart attack scene pretty scary. It was out of the blue. Also was a typical brainf**k movie. IMDB came to the rescue.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Mulholland Drive - Watched it long back. Liked it that time. I found the heart attack scene pretty scary. It was out of the blue. Also was a typical brainf**k movie. IMDB came to the rescue.
Same here, I thought about asking for an explanation here, then went to IMDB...

I wonder, how these directors think about such execution of a rather simple story. Do they write a script or on-the-spot scene visualization and then recreating it in the real life. Whatever way they take its tough and requires a lot calculation:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Oh man what a movie this was and I am surprised you saw it now, I have seen this movie 3 times and still I dont know what makes this move stand apart, the atmosphere created is too good and I just loved the background score. A must watch movie.....
Yeah. I was kind of late on watching it. The silly thing is I used to get confused if I had seen this movie or 'The Relic'. :D

Anyway the movie was pretty good. The visual effects & make up job for it's time was done splendidly. It wasn't really spooky to be honest, but the only time shuddered was when Kurt Russel keeps sampling the blood for DNA contamination & the thing suddenly pop out of the slide.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It's a bit loose compared to the previous parts but still watchable. It's showing signs of ageing & high time someone pulls a plug on it. If you have seen all previous instalments then this would be a good watch. There are plenty of plot twists & explanations connected to jigsaw revealed in this movie. So that's something to look forward to apart from the usual trap scenes.

Top Bottom