Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
Assassin's Creed

the music and environment are amazing, actions are intense. don't miss the total immersive experience. just dont forget to detach yourself from the reality and don't try to think about the plot development & logical craps. :bananana:

8/10

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
24 (2016) : This movie is for all time-travelers 'Fans' and also the imdb's good rating :D

Though, I haven't watched it myself ;)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
24 (2016) : This movie is for all time-travelers 'Fans' and also the imdb's good rating :D

Though, I haven't watched it myself ;)
:D
It's an okayish film.
Songs aren't that good and romantic scenes suck, other than that everything is good. Surya's acting, graphics work, art, cinematography :thumbs:

shreeux

Movie Buff
:D
It's an okayish film.
Songs aren't that good and romantic scenes suck, other than that everything is good. Surya's acting, graphics work, art, cinematography :thumbs:

Yes, If remove the romantic scenes completely...Good thriller..!!!

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Joker - 10/10

Joker (2016 film) - Wikipedi

Very much impressed. Highly recommended. (Was kinda depressing for me.)

shreeux

Movie Buff
Joker - 10/10

Joker (2016 film) - Wikipedi

Very much impressed. Highly recommended. (Was kinda depressing for me.)

Watch this also...High tense thriller made by 21 year old director - Karthick Naren, who has penned it with a sharp writing skills which makes you hooked for its 105 minutes run time.

Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru (2016)

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Watch this also...High tense thriller made by 21 year old director - Karthick Naren, who has penned it with a sharp writing skills which makes you hooked for its 105 minutes run time.

Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru (2016)

Yea. Know about it. Sadly there is some theater strike and **** here.
Will watch when good copy becomes available.

shreeux

Movie Buff
*i.imgur.com/KWbgGh4.png

Try Cover most picture..will review later...

14th CIFF Schedule | Chennai International Film Festival

Also suggest good one...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Guest

The Guest (2014) - IMD

Nice direction and music.

It will be a cult classic.

Yeah, it's a throwback to neon colored era. Ending was typical with a sense of implied humor.

Certainly a movie that I enjoyed watching.

icebags

Technomancer
*i.imgur.com/KWbgGh4.png

Also suggest good one...

best of luck. i hope you will have to watch the films standing on the crowded hall floor (at least thats how film festivals go on here). :D

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Watched Hacksaw Ridge yesterday.
IMDB 8.5

Being a nutter for WW2 dramas, I made it a point to check this movie out but I was optimistically cautious since this is a Mel Gibson directed movie and that guy is not quite right in the head. But the movie turned out to be better than I expected. The movie starts out slow but becomes quite fast about 1/3rd in.

The movie is the tale of a pacifist army medic who refuses to bear any arms and single handedly rescues many injured soldiers from what is basically a no-man's-land. There is a gratuitous amount of combat and blood and gore, as is the trademark of any war movie.

icebags

Technomancer
Passengers (2016) - IMD 7.5/10

these kind of space scifi movies every once in a while reminds us, there is a world beyond earth. :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Passengers (2016) - IMD 7.5/10

these kind of space scifi movies every once in a while reminds us, there is a world beyond earth. :)

But never in the movie, Passengers we actually get to see the other Earth... :p
But, I saw the movie yesterday, and I liked it. Partly "The Martian", partly Rom Com but the movie makes up for everything in the 3rd and final act. It was good.

icebags

Technomancer
But never in the movie, Passengers we actually get to see the other Earth... :p
But, I saw the movie yesterday, and I liked it. Partly "The Martian", partly Rom Com but the movie makes up for everything in the 3rd and final act. It was good.

yah nice drama aspects too. in the small timeframe, the guys desperation, feel of guilt are well covered. everything went so straightforward, but never boring.

martian was different in the sense, the inter human chemistry was missing. he was alone, but this guy was total lonely among all the people sleeping. i understand why someone goes crazy in this situation & does irresponsible stuff. :D but it was reckless murderous act, nonetheless. :(

shreeux

Movie Buff
*i.imgur.com/KWbgGh4.png

Also suggest good one...

Watched 29 films, Instead of 35 films...But screened was 120 films...will review later in my thread.. :smile_NF:

Top Bottom