MOTOROLA shutting it down!! Shud i still go for Motorola ATRIX 2 !!!??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

vineet09

Broken In
As many of you must have already heard , motorola has decided to shut its operations in India..Shud i purchase motorola atrix 2 now?? Shud i worry about support and warranty etc??

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Support is one of the deciding factors to buy any electronic items.
I won't recommended purchasing it if support is going to be an issue.

VCool123

Broken In
I have a similar predicament. I was gonna go for Motorola Defy Plus, but then I heard they were shutting down ops in India. X(

I don't think service would be a problem though, since they're obligated to continue services for existing products and clients for sometime, until their stocks clear the Indian market at least. Plus, mine's a durable phone, so it probably won't even need services at all (Unless I brick it :D).

I'd say go for it. I'm gonna buy soon too.

aroraanant

Explorer
You are planning to buy a phone worth 20k so everyone thinks that he/she should use for atleast 2yrs.If anytime you get any problem so that will be an issue as you won't be getting any spare parts

cray.x

Broken In
I have a similar predicament. I was gonna go for Motorola Defy Plus, but then I heard they were shutting down ops in India. X(

I don't think service would be a problem though, since they're obligated to continue services for existing products and clients for sometime, until their stocks clear the Indian market at least. Plus, mine's a durable phone, so it probably won't even need services at all (Unless I brick it :D).

I'd say go for it. I'm gonna buy soon too.

so dude u are saying motorola defy + is a durable phone!!!! I completely agree with u!!!! but if company would have provided a warranty of 5-6 yrs then there wouldn't haven't been any worries,but the point is if it is such a durable phone then why they are providing only 1 yr warranty(even company agrees it is durable up to 1 yr, they have spent lot in R&D)! I'm not saying that moto defy+ is not a durable phone even I'm a great supporter to defy+(even in full mood to buy it) but the issue of service and customer support creeps in, i live in Gurgaon where they have the head office, and believe me they have the worst customer service, it almost takes them 6 months to rectify ur problems! and sometimes they don't even reply. i was going to buy this phone despite of everything i mentioned, but all the buzz of moto leaving India makes me scratch my head!!!! :-( now i have dropped my thought for moto and this is why I landed today on TDF to find few new suggestions where i found this thread. please don't take it personally its just my perspective.

You are planning to buy a phone worth 20k so everyone thinks that he/she should use for atleast 2yrs.If anytime you get any problem so that will be an issue as you won't be getting any spare parts

if he even gets the spare parts!!!! it will cost him almost a new very basic phone. and nobody even knows how to repair moto phones!

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
if he even gets the spare parts!!!! it will cost him almost a new very basic phone. and nobody even knows how to repair moto phones!

:+1:
yes you should avoid buying MOTO phone.. although they are good in quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom