Motorola Defy Plus vs Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus

suraj.verma

Right off the assembly line
Hello friends,

Planning to buy a mobile below INR 15000, Got confused between these two, Please suggest me which one is better if you are using any one of them. This is for India. I never used any moto phones so a little confused for defy plus but i like it's features. Any other phone will work for me, I need atleast 1GHz processer, and atleast 2 GB internal Memory , will use it for light gaming, heavy web browsing.........

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Forget both. At 15k there are better option than Defy+ and don't even think about Ace Plus. Samsung did a phenomenal job of using a super low resolution screen on such an overpriced crap.

Check Xperia U or Xperia Neo V. Both are available for 16k. Go for Defy+ only if neither is within your budget.

techlover

In the zone
Xperia U : just 4GB internal memory with no external SD card slot ...its very low

Neo V is good but a bit old...if you can some more then also checkout HTCONE V around 16.5k :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Mind it that Motorola Defy+ doesn't have front camera, though we have Defy XT but its overpriced crap considering other options. If you can try windows, then can also look for Samsung omnia W, HTC Radar

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I hope for once Samsung releases something decent for the Indian market... The mobile market here is so stagnant, with very few decent releases...

Something like Galaxy S Advance should be close to 15k instead of 21k it is selling for...

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Defy XT535 (Defy+ with a secondary camera) is a good option if you don't mind staying with GingerBread. Sulekha has it for Rs.14,671

Also the Defies (Defy, Defy+, Defy XT535, Defy Minis] are all dust and water resistant and could take some severe physical abuse.

I personally would choose Xperia U if I can get it for 15k. The absence of an expandable slot is no deal breaker for me.

EDIT: The display is really great @ 854x480 in the Defy/Defy+/Defy XT.

Last edited:

faiz0210

Broken In
Defy is an amazing phone. I have used it and i absolutely love it.
Even though it comes with Gingerbread but you can install custom rom and we have a very stable ICS CM9 and the development JB CM10 has already started. The development section of Defy+ at XDA is very big and Devs are awesome. If front camera is not an issue for you, then definitely go for this phone.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Defy is an amazing phone. I have used it and i absolutely love it.
Even though it comes with Gingerbread but you can install custom rom and we have a very stable ICS CM9 and the development JB CM10 has already started. The development section of Defy+ at XDA is very big and Devs are awesome. If front camera is not an issue for you, then definitely go for this phone.

+1 to that...
If you are a ROM addict like me, get the Defy + fingers crossed...
Tons of ROMs available for it and you can tinker with the phone as much as you like...
Hell, you can even flash it with JellyBean CM10 at the moment...:cool::cool::cool:
Plus, the Defy + has one of the best batteries in the business... Lasts almost two to two and a half days for me with moderate usage...:-D:-D:-D
Forget the Xperia U... Limited storage space and the design sucks... Just view it in a store and you'll know what i mean... Why the hell is the bottom part of the bezel below the screen so large!!!:-x:-x:-x
And, you can't use the bottom keys at night cause they are hard to decipher... Bordering on illegible... Plus, the battery sucks!!!:-D:-D:-D
Neo V and One V sound good on paper but I havn't used them, so no idea about them... Hate the One V design though!!!:-D:-D:-D

cray.x

Broken In
this thread helped a lot!!! i was also looking for real user reviews from TDF. thanks guys now I'm going for Moto defy+ :mrgreen:

Top Bottom