Motorola Defy and Defy+

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
after screen timeout, you need to press the top button once, and then unlock from screen. but you dont have to press for few seconds, u just need to press once

chris

In the zone
after screen timeout, you need to press the top button once, and then unlock from screen. but you dont have to press for few seconds, u just need to press once

In LG phones, even after screen go black you can touch screen to get display back. No setting in Defy to get it working like that ?

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
Nothing i know about, however you can bypass the swype unlock, it will be unlocked after you press the hardware button. check your lockscreen setting

karthiksk

Right off the assembly line
Guys i need some help.

I have problem using Airtel Sim on my Defy. i dont get proper signal. this started from yesterday morning. Defy works if i use any other service provider sim. i took to local service center he told me this is due to softare issue. i tried restoring my phone with old back which i took on november 2011. but still the same problem. i checked the phone from different places but no luck. i get signal for few min then it goes off and i get message as emergency calls only

can any one help???

giprabu

In the zone
Guys i need some help.

I have problem using Airtel Sim on my Defy. i dont get proper signal. this started from yesterday morning. Defy works if i use any other service provider sim. i took to local service center he told me this is due to softare issue. i tried restoring my phone with old back which i took on november 2011. but still the same problem. i checked the phone from different places but no luck. i get signal for few min then it goes off and i get message as emergency calls only

can any one help???

Download baseband switcher app from internet and install it. Set the region in it to India (if available), else set it to Asia.. Restart your phone.. It should work.. I too had the same problem once when I switching between custom roms.

karthiksk

Right off the assembly line
Download baseband switcher app from internet and install it. Set the region in it to India (if available), else set it to Asia.. Restart your phone.. It should work.. I too had the same problem once when I switching between custom roms.

thank you very much. i upgraded to Android 2.3. i had an application called Defy Baseband. but there was no option India under APAC so tried all the option and finally i got signal when i selected China ME722 1.10. i worked well.

Thank you all for helping

chris

In the zone
I placed order for Transcend MicroSD Card 32GB Class 4. This work with Moto Defy + ? I just googled, found MicroSDHC Cards, hope i have not ordered wrong card.

giprabu

In the zone
^^ya vl work without any prob.. I currently use the 8GB version of that card.
The problem is, class 4 cards have very poor write speed . I get only a maximum of 2.8MB/s
only . You could've gone for a class 6 one

napster007

Padawan
Guys it seems i have run into a really big problem and i need your help!! I have been using defy for about 7 months now and am a really happy customer. Today suddenly i ran into a problem when i saw a small vertical mark on my screen.

At first i thought that it was just some kind of dirt or something on the screen or screen guard, but on closer observation i found out that there is a small thin vertical line which is lighting up on my defy's screen.

I seems as if a strip of lined up pixels are constantly illuminated in blue. This is like small obstruction on the screen and is a total heart breaker....

Please help in solving this problem..

Regards...

giprabu

In the zone
Take it to the service center dude... Btw from which place are you? Do you keep changing your ROM often ?
Though it seems like a hardware fault, I just want to know.

giprabu

In the zone
im from delhi but studying in sikkim.... i have not even rooted my phone yet :(

You need not worry at all.. IMO motorola is most reliable n reputed brand ever since when most of the other brands not even emerged.. You have a service center in your place ? ?
Coz I'm in Chennai and there is no motorola authorized service Centre here ... sad part . :(

napster007

Padawan
The small line on the middle of the screen has grown lyk really loong now till the bottom of the screemmm ;( ;( ... Dunnoy the f this is happening to me... Ill be goin to delhi in june, will probably get it checked then at a service center... Hope they fix it.. My warranty lasts till 13 july...

The small line on the middle of the screen has grown lyk really loong now till the bottom of the screemmm ;( ;( ... Dunnoy the f this is happening to me... Ill be goin to delhi in june, will probably get it checked then at a service center... Hope they fix it.. My warranty lasts till 13 july...

giprabu

In the zone
Any call recorder app to record both party ? I installed AllCallRecorder, it only record what i say.

and @soumya.b :

are you ppl using the stock rom ?? if so, you don't have an option to record both voices.

Change your rom (Miui, wajkiui) which has call recording functionality in-built that records both sides' voices.

androidfreak

Broken In
Guys it seems i have run into a really big problem and i need your help!! I have been using defy for about 7 months now and am a really happy customer. Today suddenly i ran into a problem when i saw a small vertical mark on my screen.

At first i thought that it was just some kind of dirt or something on the screen or screen guard, but on closer observation i found out that there is a small thin vertical line which is lighting up on my defy's screen.

I seems as if a strip of lined up pixels are constantly illuminated in blue. This is like small obstruction on the screen and is a total heart breaker....

Please help in solving this problem..

Regards...

I too have a stuck pixel on the screen of Defy+ which is just a month and a half old. I've submitted the device at Motorola Service Center near my place. They said it will take atleast 10 - 12 days to get it back :-(:-(:-(

Top Bottom