Motorola Defy and Defy+

snake

Broken In
Since last two days my earpiece speaker stopped working.
My defy is running custom ROM do I need to switch it back to original before sending it for repairs?
Someone Suggest me how to proceed ahead.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Is moto defy still available...? Checked online sites like flipkart and saholic, but its out of stock on them...
If its available, then what will be its price...?

bond_bhai

Broken In
Defy is no longer available. Defy+ is the newer version, this is available. It costs 3K more i guess.

Motorola Defy Plus vs Motorola Defy: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Ok guys.. am back here after a long time .. :)
And back with a major problem... U probably would guess it... my phone's bricked as of now. :p
So want to know if u guys faced this problem before.. and how did u resolve it.
I was on WIUI 1.11.18... and i downloaded a new theme from the miui themes app. The name had just chinese.. so cant tell u which one.. looked nice and had an iphone ish unlock screen.
After that... i got getjar.. and downloaded some gold apps from there. Then suddenly in bet a download, the phone hot booted. I tried downloading the sma thing again.. 'Farm Frenzy' i guess.. and the same thing happened. I thought what the hell.. let me just get the latest wiui... its a long time anywyas...
i got that.. installed it.. and strangey... after rebooting the old version with the same theme got installed. I changed theme and restarted... it got back to the old theme again. After full wipe.. only the apps installed before that theme were out.. rest were intact... now i cant even instal or uninstall anything.. gives corrupt package and stops.
I tried other roms as well.. but as soon as it restarts.. the same WIUI rom with that stupid theme gets reinstalled..
Todya i got the full official sbf 2.2.2 and tried to do it through rsd lite... the thing got hung up in between and said failed status... i restated.. and now its stuck on bootloader screen saying code is corrupt.

I am trying to get the fixed sbf and nandroid backup right now... and will try once again..
please let me know if there is anything else i can do...
Thanks.

Update: I am pretty much screwed... The fixed sbf didnt work either.. and not the phone is stuck in bootloader. I cannot even use RSDLite as its saying that 'Battery Low - Cannot Program'
Please help.. :(

PS: I charged all night.. nothing happened. :(

maddy1205

bloody hell mate!!!!
regarding the battery issue refer to the following link

[Howto] Fix "Battery Low - Cannot program" - xda-developers

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
yeah i saw that link.. but i am actually a bit afraid to do that.. in case i did something wrong.. its gone forever...
Local shop is saying 1200 to get it fully fixed to latest Moto software... am thinking of giving it to them... cause even while trying rsd lite... it failed 2 times... will see if the shop can fix it... else will have to follow this method...

Thanks for the suggestion though.. appreciate it. :)

maddy1205

bloody hell mate!!!!
Why dont u ask the shop guy to charge your battery..or ask for a spare battery???..i had the same battery issue earlier..i knew the shop guy and gave him the battery..he charged it..saved me from lot of trouble!!..see if can convince the guy..worth a shot!!

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
hmm ok.. will give it a shot.... dont know any shop guy here, but will ask them to charge it for me...and let me see if i can get a spare battery too.. probably a defy+ one.. :p
Thanks for the suggestion.. will try it... :)

Update: Went to local shops .. repair ones.. the sellers were closed today. But they all said that if i have warranty, i should go to the service centre.. They tried charging through their chargers but couldnt charge it. Trying to make my mind to try the xda method tomorrow. got a spare hdd connector to cut off and ruin... Hope i dont fry the cell... :(

arjundg

Broken In
hmm ok.. will give it a shot.... dont know any shop guy here, but will ask them to charge it for me...and let me see if i can get a spare battery too.. probably a defy+ one.. :p
Thanks for the suggestion.. will try it... :)

Update: Went to local shops .. repair ones.. the sellers were closed today. But they all said that if i have warranty, i should go to the service centre.. They tried charging through their chargers but couldnt charge it. Trying to make my mind to try the xda method tomorrow. got a spare hdd connector to cut off and ruin... Hope i dont fry the cell... :(

Check if someone has a Defy in your locality, you can use his battery...that will do as well....

maddy1205

bloody hell mate!!!!

hmm.....they couldn't charge..strange...seems the xda method is the only choice left...hope it doesn't fry your battery:unsure:

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
yeah.. i am trying the xda method..a nd its actually letting flash...
Now before my battery fries.. quickly tell me which sbf should i flash? :)
what ever i try is giving me a checksum error after the install.
My defy came with eclair.. forgot the actual version. I made an official update to 2.2.2.
rooted and been using newer versions of wiui ever since.. no other rom installed. last rom version was 2.3.7 and like all wiui... was a simple install update zip from cwm.
Now which sbf should i flash to get it working??? :'(

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
2.59? thats eclair i think... tried that.. same error...
tried 2.51, 2.59, 3.4.2, 3.4.3
everything giving the same error...
Error getting subscriber unit checksum... :(

UPDATE: Finally able to make it boot...
i used 3.4.3-36-1.7 one.
But i had to modify it. Extracted the sbf, manually removed all the CG which were throwing checksum error one by one and rebuilt and reflashed the modded sbf each time. With just 32, 34, 42, 53, 61, 64, 65 CGs in the sbf (all turned out to be version 1s) i was able to do a successful flash. and the phone booted...
Now the thing is that...
Its gone back to the ROm and theme in the post 485!!! All the fuss.. code going corrupt.. hacking into battery to make it run.. flashing atleast 30-40 times.... still that bloody ROM sticks back!!! i mean WTF!!!
Any ideas.. as to what now?

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Can anyone here on stock rom tell me their firmware version.. full number... froyo or eclair or gingerbread... all 3 preferrably.. no firmware seems to work on my device.. :( red lens defy frm march-april 2011 batch.. came with eclair.

Tried to install nandroid backup of my stock rom... no luck. Supected my recovery was corrupt.. i installed new CWM.. but as soon as it booted into CWM from 2nd init... old recovery back. Something really strange happening. I teally need to full flash the device.. kind of purge it. Just dont know how... :(

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
soumik, i guess, the problem is, the theme probably entered into the locked bootloader somehow, thats why you are having the same problem again n again, I sugest make a thread at XDA and ask for their help.

Better get rid of the gallery completely and install quickpic.

I did, thanks for the tip, quickpic is cool

Is moto defy still available...? Checked online sites like flipkart and saholic, but its out of stock on them...
If its available, then what will be its price...?

it is available in flipkart for 13300/- now

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Thanks Aritra.. I have started a thread in xda forums but no one's replying. Its either the query is just too sily fo them... or no one has any answer. I hope the former as if they dont have any answer.. i am literally screwed... :(

I was reading through the init.rc file.. and it seems when it starts up, there is a checkpoint saved... mine somehow is restoring back to it everytime... :(

lll_aritra_lll

Thanks Aritra.. I have started a thread in xda forums but no one's replying. Its either the query is just too sily fo them... or no one has any answer. I hope the former as if they dont have any answer.. i am literally screwed... :(

I was reading through the init.rc file.. and it seems when it starts up, there is a checkpoint saved... mine somehow is restoring back to it everytime... :(

what you can do is pm someone over XDA, meanwhile I got news that someone I got news that someone has invented universal way to unlock moto bootloader but holding it for $500 bounty, already $110 bounty has been collected, so my suggestion would be hang tight. meanwhile try over XDA if you get some help

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Thats great news Aritra!! :D
Can u post the link here for this great news? :)
I actually dont know whom to PM... so if the above news is true.. will wait for that.. gonna wipe my kernel off from the face of this earth!! :p

lll_aritra_lll

^^

have a look here

[Update: Download Now] DROID 4 Universal Motorola Root Methods Discovered, Both Being Withheld Until A $500 Bounty Is Raised

Top Bottom