Motorola Defy and Defy+

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Going to get a Defy soon!
My question is
1) Should I wait for the Defy+?? when is it going to be released??
2) What will be the price of the Defy+?
3) Are there any chances of the Defy Getting GB?
4) Does Defy on Stock ROM Lag while Gaming??

Last edited:

varuog

Journeyman
My question is

That's exactly whats going on my mind too.
Is it worth the wait (and the extra price) for Defy+ ??

giprabu

In the zone
My question is

1) IMO You need not wait .. coz with the introduction of defy+, the price of defy
will go down further and it would be a real best buy .

2) In India the price would be around 18-19k (atleast for first two months)..
Defy still sails at 16.5k in showrooms in Chennai.

3) Defy already got it !! (MIUI and CM7..).The defy+'s rom might get matched
for defy too...

4) Haven't tried any heavy games. other simple ones work fine.. Defy has a
decent gpu and games will work fine.

Defy+ has 1GHz cpu which actually should consume an extra % of battery and thats why it is coming with 1700mAH.. So the ratio, 800Mhz-1540mAH and 1GHz-1700mAH remains almost same.

If defy+ would have come with a secondary cam, then the extra money would've been well justified.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
^ Defy+ is really not a new phone. Its Defy with a bigger battery and new ROM. The leaked ROM already works on Defy which offers overclocked CPU and 720p recording for Bayer lens module devices. So.. its really not worth the wait.
And it will be a real long wait if you ask me, and everyone knows that Defy+ is nothing but a marketing gimmick, so they will pull out Defy before they launch Defy+, and start over the price from 18-19K.
Defy has got a very Decent GPU. I am still on stock Froyo.. and Games like Asphalt 5 and NFS Shift run flawlessly on it.
Ppl should only go for Defy+ if they are afraid to mod your device. If you are not, there is really no need for paying the extra cash for the same device.
Oh yeah, as Defy+ is launching, Defy will definitely NOT get official gingerbread update.

giprabu

In the zone
^ Defy+ is really not a new phone. Its Defy with a bigger battery and new ROM. The leaked ROM already works on Defy which offers overclocked CPU and 720p recording for Bayer lens module devices. So.. its really not worth the wait.

My defy has a green lens.. So if I use the rom of defy+, is it like, i won't be able to use my cam at all ?? or only the 720p feature alone won't be available ??

diagus

Journeyman
Motorola DEFY -TI OMAP 3610 processor(can be overclocked to 1ghz)
Motorla DEFY+ -1 GHz TI OMAP 3620 processor(must be able to overclocked upto
1.2ghz)

Motorola DEFY+ will be available from September in Germany
at the recommended retail price of 269 euro without contract
including tax according to motorola

so i think its wise to wait for DEFY +

Last edited:

varuog

Journeyman
Motorola DEFY+ will be available from September in Germany
at the recommended retail price of 269 euro without contract
including tax according to motorola

What about the availability and speculated pricing in India?

BTW, I have made up my mind to wait for the Defy+. So I am just keeping my fingers crossed expecting an early release here.

srch07

Journeyman
It's possible that you have green lens and it's a bayer's camera model. Mine is so. I am currently using ROM GB 2.3.3 v 112. And have no problem. Cell is overclocked at 1.2 ghz, and interesting thing is am loving blur. Now my pc identifies my cell as mb526. If any one is interested in details, let me know.

anshul_sood

Broken In
After defy+ launch, defy price will drop 1-2 K further. Also Defy+ rom might be modified to work with defy as it has essentially the same hardware. So just keep your fingers crossed.

sach1000rt

Journeyman
After defy+ launch, defy price will drop 1-2 K further. Also Defy+ rom might be modified to work with defy as it has essentially the same hardware. So just keep your fingers crossed.
Its price has dropped considerably since launch. by that time they may stop selling it. but interesting thing is galaxy s is still selling in some places at 20k.
so if gootorola(dont know what to call) takes the way as samsung then it may come down to 13k.

giprabu

In the zone
It's possible that you have green lens and it's a bayer's camera model. Mine is so. I am currently using ROM GB 2.3.3 v 112. And have no problem. Cell is overclocked at 1.2 ghz, and interesting thing is am loving blur. Now my pc identifies my cell as mb526. If any one is interested in details, let me know.

How does it now handle live wallpapers..??
My defy lags when i use live wp in stock rom...:-|..
And how does your battery life is now..? (coz its now running at 1.2ghz rite)...

anshul_sood

Broken In
He is using different processor states. 1.2 GHz for load and lower clocks than stock for idling. So battery is not affected, sometimes the battery life even improves

giprabu

In the zone
He is using different processor states. 1.2 GHz for load and lower clocks than stock for idling. So battery is not affected, sometimes the battery life even improves

switching between those two states are automatic or changed manually(this must be cumbersome) ??
are you using defy ?

Top Bottom