Motorola Defy and Defy+

socrates

In the zone
P.S : shopkeeper asked me not to consider this phone as it is not a good phone, advised me samsung / htc., well i just smiled back. :)

:D lol same is happening to me in Mumbai. I am not sure if they say this coz they don't stock it or its cpz of complaints/poor commissions which led to poor sales hence not stocking it

sach1000rt

Journeyman
^^ @sach1000rt - Hey i got another query regarding MIUI. I installed MIUI for Desire on my room mate's phone today. Its seems to be totally like iPhone. I started to miss an app drawer from the word go. :( And the MIUI store for themes and lock screens is totally in Chinese.
Is there any version of MIUI available with everything in English? And does the MIUI for Defy have an app drawer?

Sorry i didnt notice your post.
miui is mainly chinese rom devoloped by chinese.but there are also english translated versions. I dont know for any other phone but for defy if you want a launcher in miui check this link
[ROM][MOD] WajkIUI 1.7.29 - MULTiLanguage - xda-developers

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
hi,
u mean to say changing launcher will speed up the lag which is there when scrolling through apps in defy. and both of these will work on froyo (un rooted) ?
wow 13.8k.. price quoted to me was 15,400 (delhi). (its much cheaper on letsbuy, after coupon ofcourse).
Yeah... changing the Launcher does speed up the phone. I am using GO Launcher Ex, and it feels a lot faster in everything over the stock launcher.

Sorry i didnt notice your post.
miui is mainly chinese rom devoloped by chinese.but there are also english translated versions. I dont know for any other phone but for defy if you want a launcher in miui check this link
[ROM][MOD] WajkIUI 1.7.29 - MULTiLanguage - xda-developers

Not a problem. :)
Ya i know MIUI is a chinese ROM, but since they could translate almost everything to English, y leave the MIUI Store chinese? I was thinking there might be some way to push an English language pack to system..?

WajkIUI looks cool. I would probably go for that one for my Defy. Am not just going for it right now, cause GO Launcher has soo many themes,.. just cant get bored with it. :)
Anyways, now that i have modded my rommie's Desire, and friend's X8, itching to get a new device from somewhere and try to mod it out...hehe :D

sach1000rt

Journeyman
who installed miui can follow this thread for its hidden features etc..
MIUI Hidden Features [Video Included 6.30.11]
example : miui rom has inbuilt screenshot taking option i.e. hold volume down and menu button it will take screenshot.
In 1.8.5 when screen is locked just hold home button to start torch(screen has to be active i.e. just press power button and screen comes alive.)
when screen is locked double tap on lock to start music player.
You can donwload themes from here also *forums.miuiandroid.com/forumdisplay.php?31-Theme-Releases
Miui comes with dnd mode which when activated allows you to blacklist calls and sms. you can block sms by keyword also.
apply any theme and you can still edit that theme like changing locksreen, font ,status bar, icons, launcher etc and you can backup that modified theme also.
Swiping from left to right or right to left gives you the option to select and delete a message or call log.

Last edited:

soumya.b

Broken In
i hv updated Android Market application..but it is running quite slow. how cud i revert it back to my older one?

sach1000rt

Journeyman
well i dont know exactly how to revert back but dont do it as it will update again to new version. may be it is updating in background. if problem perists then download the apk from internet and install it manually.
maybe reset will revert it but you will lose some data and settings.

abhi615

Broken In
Yeah... changing the Launcher does speed up the phone. I am using GO Launcher Ex, and it feels a lot faster in everything over the stock launcher.

thanks soumik,
thats grt. and do u feel the general lag in apps also., and did this lag also disappear with go launcher.

shuhailnp

Journeyman
hi ..
i m thinking of buying this phone or samsung wave 2 . can anyone check which one has good screen , like which one has vivid .. and does wave and defy can play angry birds without lag ?????

arjundg

Broken In
hi ..
i m thinking of buying this phone or samsung wave 2 . can anyone check which one has good screen , like which one has vivid .. and does wave and defy can play angry birds without lag ?????

Defy and Wave2 are similar in terms of screen, Wave2 is not SuperAMOLED....the main difference is android against Bada OS...also the Wave 2 has secondary cam, 720p recording, but Defy is Lifeproof...:razz:!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
hi ..

If you buy Wave 2, then forget about Angry birds and thousands of apps and games which won't be available because it does not run Android.

Defy is an excellent phone for the price... go for it...

shuhailnp

Journeyman
Defy and Wave2 are similar in terms of screen, Wave2 is not SuperAMOLED....the main difference is android against Bada OS...also the Wave 2 has secondary cam, 720p recording, but Defy is Lifeproof...:razz:!

If you buy Wave 2, then forget about Angry birds and thousands of apps and games which won't be available because it does not run Android.

Defy is an excellent phone for the price... go for it...

ok.. thanks for suggestion
but i need 720p recording . will it be possible in defy bu hacks even if i get green lens ?

sach1000rt

Journeyman
ok.. thanks for suggestion
but i need 720p recording . will it be possible in defy bu hacks even if i get green lens ?
720p Hack doesnt work well on defy. and it may not totally work on green lens.
if you want 720p recording then i will suggest you another way, dont go for wave II for just recording, get defy and buy a handicam or pocket cam like Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5/V or Samsung-HMX-U10 which are full HD recorders
and last time i saw them on homeshop18 website for 6k to 7k range.
they are not available in indian market but homeshop18 is shipping them from other countries to here.
just take a look here
Amazon.com: Samsung HMX-U10 Ultra-Compact Full-HD Camcorder with 10 MP Still (Black): Camera & Photo
Review: Sony Bloggie MHS-PM5/V pocket HD camcorder | TechCrunch
for video quality search their name in youtube you will get whole lot of camera samples.
Sony MHS-PM5 bloggie HD Video Camera (Violet) (Imported) . Buy Best Sony MHS-PM5 bloggie HD Video Camera (Violet) (Imported) at Lowest Price Online
sorry but they are out of stock.

arjundg

Broken In
Can anybody suggest a suitable in-ear headphone with mic and/or volume controls for Defy? I need to buy one. There is a Soundmagic MP-21, but not sure if the controls work for Defy

Big Stack

Broken In
Got My hands On Defy, i week ago

Met with an accident :cry: display glass panel completely ****ed UP!!!,a thousand cracks.........
Still working finely ,no problem in touch,everything working smooth....
:razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:
THumps Up for my defy
Its brilliant,,
photo will be uploaded soon.........

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
^ What kind of accident happened? If ur Defy's glass cracked up, it must be pretty intense. Hope u didnt get hurt...

@arundj - Soundmagic was the only one i saw in Lynx too. No idea if anything else is available. I am hoping M6+mic should be available somewhere. Any one has any ideas?

Big Stack

Broken In
^ What kind of accident happened? If ur Defy's glass cracked up, it must be pretty intense. Hope u didnt get hurt...

@arundj - Soundmagic was the only one i saw in Lynx too. No idea if anything else is available. I am hoping M6+mic should be available somewhere. Any one has any ideas?

Bike accident,
i am not hurt much, only scratches in my hand

will i get warranty for that?

arjundg

Broken In

I found these:
Soundmagic MP-21 Earphones + Fiio Amplifier Bundles Rs :607/
Unit:9mm Neodymium Magnet
Sensitivity:97±2dB at 1KHz/mW
Frequency range:15~22000 Hz

Meelectronics Sound-lsolating iphone/ipd/cellphone Earphone ( black )- Model M9P-BK Rs :1150/-
Driver: 9mm drivers with neodymium magnets
Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20KHz
Sensitivity: 95 dB (1mW @ 1KHz)
M9P seems to be a safe bet for me. Any other ideas?

@Big Stack: Glad u are okay, how come the touch is working in Defy if the screen is cracked? its really lifeproof!

Top Bottom