Motorola Defy and Defy+

vaibhav99

Broken In
@arjundg .. thanks about info about Es file explorer .. taken back up of apk and happily removed cardio trainer app renaming done the trick.. few more also going to go ..

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
On the other hand even galaxy s has some problem with its gps rite ?? How far it is resolved ?? And the one you have is a SC-LCD one or AMOLED one ??

No problems for me with the GPS so far , i even use GPS in offline mode by Sygic Mobile Maps MapMyIndia . And mine has super amoled screen :) i was precise about it before buying from my dealer .

giprabu

In the zone
No problems for me with the GPS so far , i even use GPS in offline mode by Sygic Mobile Maps MapMyIndia . And mine has super amoled screen :) i was precise about it before buying from my dealer .

congrats :) :)...

Pls help with this last point..:???:

OPEN TO ALL PPL IN THIS THREAD :

which would you prefer if you were in a position to choose one of below :

Defy cost price :

1) Letsbuy.com 14.5k (with bluetooth headset) but NO INSURANCE
2) Univercell showroom 15.6k (no bluetooth) with INSURANCE.

arjundg

Broken In
Defy cost price :

1) Letsbuy.com 14.5k (with bluetooth headset) but NO INSURANCE
2) Univercell showroom 15.6k (no bluetooth) with INSURANCE.

What kind of insurance? I havnt used the bluetooth provided by Letsbuy even once tho...:))

vaibhav99

Broken In
@giprabu .. In-Transit Damage Insurance.... if you are asking about this ... lets buy already mention about this on defy page .. at least i received my orders (2) in good packaging till date .. the only sad part is blue dart service is pathetic and there is always issue with octroi which is paid by letsbuy, most of the time there is no communication from bluedart delhi office to destination office or something else.

giprabu

In the zone
@giprabu .. In-Transit Damage Insurance.... if you are asking about this ... lets buy already mention about this on defy page .. at least i received my orders (2) in good packaging till date .. the only sad part is blue dart service is pathetic and there is always issue with octroi which is paid by letsbuy, most of the time there is no communication from bluedart delhi office to destination office or something else.

i'm not talking about in-transit damage insurance.. every online shopping site provides in-transit insurance. I'm saying about after sales insurance (like the ones we get for cars and bikes). None of you ppl heard of it uh (for mobile phones) ?? :???:

sach1000rt

Journeyman
that insurance will cost around 100 Rs(which Univercell will give you for free at cost of 1100 Rs more than letsbuy). it is highly unlikely that it will be used.
and yes i also didnt use bluetooth headset which came with defy(but i gave it to a friend who uses it).
So it is upto you, in which you feel comfortable buy from there.

giprabu

In the zone
that insurance will cost around 100 Rs(which Univercell will give you for free at cost of 1100 Rs more than letsbuy). it is highly unlikely that it will be used.

very right.. it costs 200 bucks and included in the price 15.6k..
yes its up to me. . i'm just asking you opinions/suggestions :-?

sach1000rt

Journeyman
Till now i have bought 3 handsets from letsbuy. I didnt face any problems with them.no problems with courier or octroi stuff. service is good in my experience.
And till now i havent seen any of my friends having insurance claimed it because of theft or accident. And if you lose your phone sometimes police will not take complaint(which is needed to claim insurance) because the insurance company pressures them to find the set which they dont want to find just because they are lazy and its just a mobile, no big deal.

Last edited:

arjundg

Broken In
I think the Letsbuy option is a better deal, given their track record and the price...the bluetooth can come handy anytime....

@napster007 Any reason you choose MIUI? There are so many roms available, unfortunately there is no comparison as which is stable/better!

sach1000rt

Journeyman
@sach100rt : i need your help on rootin my phone to miui... plz send me a detailed procedure..

regards

ok im posting the links to the guide. follow every step thouroughly. dont hold me responsible if anything goes wrong.

1) to root follow this link -
Special version SuperOneClick:root froyo/2.51 easily! - xda-developers

2)Then create a backup of your rom. download the apk from 2nd step of this link - [Guide]How I tweak, mod and hack my Defy - xda-developers
install it. skip 3rd step and follow 4th step to create backup.

3)download the miui rom from here
[ROM] Motorola Defy MIUI.us Presents MIUI 1.7.22 Pure English [AOSP] - xda-developers

4)download 2ndInit Recovery Installer 1.4_2 from here
[FAQ] Cyanogenmod 7 by Quarx - xda-developers

4)follow install guide here
1. Download Defy 2nd init installer and install.
2. Run the 2nd init installer following the instructions closely.
reboot the device twice(normal reboot).
3. Boot into Custom BootMenu by pressing volume down when device
flashes a blue led at bootup at M logo.
4. Select Recovery, Custom Recovery. Choose "Wipe Data/Cache" option.
Let finish(use volume up down buttons to move up down selection and
power button at top to select).
5. Choose Install .zip from SD Card, select MIUI rom .zip and let it finish.
6. Let the rom boot for first time takes a bit more time.
7. Done! Enjoy!

download links
SuperOneClick 2.1 and 2ndInit Recovery Installer 1.4_2
[FAQ] Cyanogenmod 7 by Quarx - xda-developers
motorola defy drivers are needed to root it.download them from motorola website.
download the miui rom from here
[ROM] Motorola Defy MIUI.us Presents MIUI 1.7.22 Pure English [AOSP] - xda-developers

If you have any doubt or confusion ask me ill try to clear it.

Dont hold me responsible if you brick your phone or something wrong happens.

I have just copied and pasted the links from other site. They are not my work.

Last edited:
OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Great.. That is really helpful. Will go through them soon to get my phone updated to Gingerbread in MIUI style. :D

One small query: When the version of ROM gets updated, is there any way to automatically update it, or we have to re-install the new ROM again to get it updated?

adrianstone83

Right off the assembly line
How is the After Sales Support of Motorola in India(esp. in Bnagalore)
Coz m planning to get a DEFY and use it for 2 years and Moto's service is the only thing holding me back!!:|

souravs

Broken In
I am using my Defy from last one month.This time a big trouble occurs.When I open any app(specially game and map),after few mins(4 or 5) task manager warns me and shows CPU100%.This time phone does not work.After few mins of close the map the phone do behave normally.
Another problem is It's Map does not shows actual position.
Please help me.

sach1000rt

Journeyman
Great.. That is really helpful. Will go through them soon to get my phone updated to Gingerbread in MIUI style. :D

One small query: When the version of ROM gets updated, is there any way to automatically update it, or we have to re-install the new ROM again to get it updated?
]
they get updated every friday as on thier website. if you want to update then just do what you did for flashing rom(going into custom recovery....updating, check the link i posted they have guide there. ) it will get updated.

How is the After Sales Support of Motorola in India(esp. in Bnagalore)
Coz m planning to get a DEFY and use it for 2 years and Moto's service is the only thing holding me back!!:|

I cant tell you how it is cause im not having any problems till now but you can check their website for service centres.

arjundg

Broken In
All the best Soumik, let us know your feedback on MIUI!

I am using my Defy from last one month.This time a big trouble occurs.When I open any app(specially game and map),after few mins(4 or 5) task manager warns me and shows CPU100%.This time phone does not work.After few mins of close the map the phone do behave normally.
Another problem is It's Map does not shows actual position.
Please help me.
Some app must be eating your CPU, which you need to uninstall...try to see the background apps running in the task manager...if you find the culprit, uninstall it...otherwise maps should work fine!

giprabu

In the zone
can some one provide me the link to buy a screen guard for this chick ??
bought this yesterday and and its simply awesome !!:grin:

Krish_88

Broken In
Can any one from Mumbai who have bought Defy share their experiences about the Service Centres? Have you visited one them, If then, How are they?

Last edited:
Top Bottom