Motorola Defy and Defy+

diagus

Journeyman
how do we attend a call in defy(froyo) with the help of proximity sensor
does the phone automatically attend call in pocket.

srch07

Journeyman
Guys am really pissed with my cell's backup.
This thing doesn't last even a day, all i did on cell was,
10 min call,
no sms,
20 min internet browsing,
10 min music,
20 min game.
Cell was synchronising for email.

I pluged out 100% charged cell at 10 am in morning, and at 7 pm its at 10% remaining.
This thing gets discharged so fast, even on standby. Totally crap.

How much long your battery last guys?

soumya.b

Broken In
You can get it from S H mumtazuddin in Kolkata...they have a showroom in Gariahat

Actually i want to buy directly from shop...I called S H mumtazuddin. They said they had no stock for moto defy!!! And I dont know the address of Motorola's Gariahat showroom. any help?
Did u receive ur one from letsbuy?

arjundg

Broken In
They have a shop in Camac Street which should have the handset...u can call 9830333505 to verify. The Gariahat shop is near Basanti Devi college, opposite to Axis Bank. I am yet to receive my Defy. Letsbuy is already late:x.

soumya.b

Broken In
They have a shop in Camac Street which should have the handset...u can call 9830333505 to verify. The Gariahat shop is near Basanti Devi college, opposite to Axis Bank. I am yet to receive my Defy. Letsbuy is already late:x.
Thankxx....
A shop at Behala has offered 14.8K....have u got any shop offered lower than that?

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@srch - Download an app for automatic task killing like ATK and an app to turn on/off data when u want. Internet usage takes up a lot of battery.
I use ATM and keep data access turned off most of the time. I get a solid 1.5 days of charge from 100%. It even ran more than 48 hrs with around 30 min phone calls, some 20 sms, 4 hrs of music through headphones, and around 30 min of angry birds. Thats minimal usage, but it did last more than 48 hrs at that time. it had 90% at the start, less than 10% at the end. So, that pretty decent for a powerful android device. :)
Keep charging for 10-20 min in the morning and evening... and use the 2 apps mentioned... you wont run out of charge on a regular day.

FYI: For people who were having trouble updating using MSU, they have re released the Froyo update for India with lots of bug fixes. You can now download and install that.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Yeah.. its there. Motorola Phone Portal, though the software is sort of on your device. You access it through your web browser. There is also a windows syncing software which i normally don't use. You can also simply use it like any USB mass storage device when u connect to access your sd card.

napster007

Padawan
This is hands down the best,phone in the budget.... I habe not seen any other phone match up to its performance which lies in this category.... Best value for money...800mhz can be overclocked to 1.2 ghz...what else do u need after that

soumya.b

Broken In
Yeah.. its there. Motorola Phone Portal, though the software is sort of on your device. You access it through your web browser. There is also a windows syncing software which i normally don't use. You can also simply use it like any USB mass storage device when u connect to access your sd card.

how do i connect internet of my PC using my phone as modem?

arjundg

Broken In
Got my defy yesterday.... installed lots of apps - Go Launcher Ex, Widgetsoid2, Moboplayer, Winamp.....:cool: phone taking its toll, already recharged twice....installing Juice Defender now, lets see how it goes

vaibhav99

Broken In
@sach1000rt .. got my self Molife Screen Guard M-SL-MTDEFY for rs. 240 from flipkart .. its good ... best one is from skinonmi (More New Arrivals - Skinomi TechSkin™ for Motorola Defy) but not available in India.
@arjundg ... its scratch resistant but after reading lots of usage review on xda forums its better to have scratch guard than have nasty scratch on your costly glass .. i know its gorilla glass but just browse thru xda forums, there are many users who have small or big scracth on there defy may be they are careless handlers but better be safe than sorry ...
@napster007.. i would suggest you don't over clock more than 1Ghz .. as 1.2GHz is highest, better to avoid it .. only my suggestion :)

friends .. i am facing strange issue... when ever i am on roaming i am not able to connect to net thru edge/gprs ... even after i enable data while roaming ... am i missing some more setting.
Friends Letsbuy is good but delivery system (in my case blue dart) can be improved (a lot)
I agree this should become official defy thread .. friends share the apps you are using .. (I am waiting for my 16gb memory card to deliver, included 2gb is too less for me)
FYI .. i face the problem about memory card over weekend it was halting at prepairing SD Card, then restarting Phone continuously, solution is , just use card reader attached to PC to copy all contents (which ever u can) to the hard disk, format the card, again copy back all your data, insert card, turn on defy. you are all set to enjoy defy.

Thanks
Vaibhav

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@sach1000rt - I got a cheap a cheap scratch guard. Its not exactly to the shape, but covers the entire screen and almost entire glass. No issues with the sensors. INR150 and from a local shop. Doing goof for me so far.
@arundg - You definitely need a scratch guard. Its a scratch resistant screen, not a scratch proof one man. :D
@vaibhav99 - 1.2 GHz is the highest stable overclock, so you can do it without worrying too much. :)
@soumya.b - For switching off internet you can use APNDroid... which i use. Simple one click on/off.

Ya totally agree with making this the official Defy thread. We have a lot of Defy owners over here now. :)

Just FYI. I have tried and been able to use wifi tether with my laptop. Wireless Tether app does this almost too easily. Only problem is that Vodaphone gprs seriously s*cks. :(

PS: This requires rooting of your device.

@vaibhav99 - I faced the same issue with my mem card. It happened when i upgraded my phone to 2.2 with my fully filled card in the phone itself. :(
For your gprs problem, check with your provider. Mostly its because of that. I have used my gprs in Karnataka as well as in Tamil Nadu. Didnt cause any problem other than huge bill :(

Top Bottom