Motorola Defy and Defy+

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
sorry havent tried it yet man. My card is always having max of 40 mb free... so cant really do anything untill i get a good card.
Saw a class 10 transcend 16GB out of stock in flipkart under 2K something. Have put it to notify me when it arrives in stock. How is it? Anyone got any idea?

Maheshbabu

Right off the assembly line
Thanks to Soumik & AndroidFan for your replies.

Right now, I would like to stick with official update - viz 2.2. When I tried the link "Sofware Update - Country Selector" given by Soumik, I had only 3 phones available for update. They are: Milestone, Milestone XT720, Milestone XT800. I didn't find Defy in that list.

Can you guys please provide me some more details on this ? I will also check with some Motorola Service center with weekend.

Thanks.

maverickmonk

Right off the assembly line
hi
i was planning to buy an android since jan with a budget of 10k, now i made it to 15k and when i looked in this segment, i found galaxy ace to be more popular than Motorola defy.

so, i looked online for reviews and videos and at last landed in this forum. i read all your pros and cons abt defy and decided to go for defy than ace.

can anyone help me to bag a online coupon @ letsbuy

Thanks guys:smile:

sach1000rt

Journeyman
just click buy now, new window opens showing the perchase cart below there will be place to apply coupon just type "rcomlb1" and apply. you will get 1000rs discount with COD.

vaibhav99

Broken In
@Soumik & cyclops .and all friends
got My Defy Last Friday ...
Good Service from Letsbuy..
But Blue Dart Ppl kept it away from me for two days .. (Due To some miscommunication in their own office about octroi) collect it myself from their office.
Any ways happy to receive this mind blowing defy ...
went out of town for weekend, taken with me but did not get time to explore it (since its my first android after long faithful symbian association, it will take time)
by the way guys It got Android 2.2.2 out of box (because i am sure i did not download anything)
from tomm after working hours my most of the time going to spend explore android world ..
(is there any easy way to transfer contacts ... i am stupid:))

Thanks Friends
Defy User
Vaibhav

Last edited:

arjundg

Broken In
Congrats to all of you who have recently purchased Defy.
I am planning for to get one soon, but getting confused over the lens discussion with Defy. Apparently, some of the Defy models have got the Red lens/new BAYER camera module, which they claim to be compliant with the software of the next version of Defy aka DefyPlus, and the camera seems to be better. But while buying, you can not be sure if it has a green/red lens.

Source - [ANSWER] Does my Defy have a RED or a Green lens? - xda-developers

My question is - Does it make sense to buy the Defy at this point, which may or may not have a Red lens, or to wait for the Defy Plus, which should be released this year with GB? Also, please share the lens module of the newer models you have bought.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Congrats to all the new "Defy"ant people out there!!! :D

@vaibhav99 - You can export contact list to csv file using your nokia pc suite, and then import it using Motorola Phone Portal.

Dont know abt the camera module, but It is certainly a red lens. Hope my phone becomes Defy Plus soon... :D
Wishful thinking... :)

vaibhav99

Broken In
@soumik .. Thanks done the same thing yesterday .. still playing around :) ..so much to do .. i might go for sandisk/transcend class 4/6 cards 16GB Card ... very soon ..
@techfreak .. congrts ..good deal at reliance digital... hmm lucky you paid amount and got the defy in few min ... :) considering i waited for frustating 5 days

Vaibhav

Last edited:

arjundg

Broken In
Congrats to all the new "Defy"ant people out there!!! :D

@vaibhav99 - You can export contact list to csv file using your nokia pc suite, and then import it using Motorola Phone Portal.

Dont know abt the camera module, but It is certainly a red lens. Hope my phone becomes Defy Plus soon... :D
Wishful thinking... :)

The newer ones seem to have the older Green lens....Those who have bought Defy in June/July, please clarify...:)

Yesterday I was looking for Defy in local stores, most of them did not have the model at store, and the price quoted was quite high! One even said - Dont buy Motorola, their models have stopped selling. Another person informed that the online price is much lesser than the street price, and this seems to be a policy of Motorola to sell their models at a higher price in the shops! Whatever it ism Motorola is not doing a good job in marketing & selling their products. Seems like buying from Letsbuy is the only option!

sach1000rt

Journeyman
got my phone yesterday from letsbuy(icicilb) at 14.6k with jabra bluetooth.
came with 2.2. initially played mkv(300mb movies) videos but it didnt play properly. So rooted it and did 720p hack. now mkv files are playing perfectly.
no problem whatsoever till now. i asked about xperia mini in other thread,
and im glad that i made the correct decision to go with defy.
and Im using 4gb class 2 card.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
got my phone yesterday from letsbuy(icicilb) at 14.6k with jabra bluetooth.
came with 2.2. initially played mkv(300mb movies) videos but it didnt play properly. So rooted it and did 720p hack. now mkv files are playing perfectly.
no problem whatsoever till now. i asked about xperia mini in other thread,
and im glad that i made the correct decision to go with defy.
and Im using 4gb class 2 card.

Congrats man. Great buy :grin: :cool:

Try to overclock it a little :wink:

sach1000rt

Journeyman
Thanks.
Right now im not going mod it as im going on leave to my home. i just wanted movies to play and i got it. may be after i comeback from leave(not may be, for sure). and MIUI ROM for defy is very fascinating .

diagus

Journeyman
is the speaker problem with defy resolved
for somebody the problem appears after 2 days for somebody after several months

anybody is sure that his issue is resolved in new ones

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
I dont think anyone here is facing any problems so far. So you can assume for now that the news is true and Moto really has fixed its ear piece problem. :)

Top Bottom