Motorola Defy and Defy+

souravs

Broken In
High guys.I bought a defy from letsbuy.please help me to solve few problems.
1.It's firmware version is 2.2.2.Is it means it is froyo?
2.Downloaded all apps from android market are saved to phone's internal memory
3.could not create separate folder for different apps or games.
4.How should I download apps from android market to PC and then PC to Phone?
One second guys,thanx for your priceless opinion on defy.

:neutral:

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@Souravs - 1. Yeah, its Froyo.
2. Got to manage applications and select an application. You will have the option to move it to SD card. You can even get something like Advanced task manager to help u with selection of apps.
3. You cannot create folders in your internal memory unless you root the phone. Even on SD card, all the applications will be moved to the Android/Gameloft folder.
4. Get the apps from some site other than the PC Android market. I do that. There might be some other setting I am not aware of. You can move the downloaded .apk files to your sd card. Browse to it using some file manager on your phone and open them through app manager. You will have option to install it.

Hope this helps. :)

soumya.b

Broken In
i hv the following query:

a. how abt the battery
b. what abt the pdf document viewer on defy. is a pdf document opened in mobile format?

letsbuy.com is down for two days. what is the issue behind?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
i hv the following query:

a. how abt the battery
b. what abt the pdf document viewer on defy. is a pdf document opened in mobile format?

letsbuy.com is down for two days. what is the issue behind?

a. Battery life is decent. 24 hours on medium usage.

b. Its a smartphone. There are many apps which support PDF file format. This is no longer your dumb phone where you are restricted to built-in feature set... This is a god-damned computer in your hands...

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
High guys.I bought a defy from letsbuy.please help me to solve few problems.
1.It's firmware version is 2.2.2.Is it means it is froyo?
2.Downloaded all apps from android market are saved to phone's internal memory
3.could not create separate folder for different apps or games.
4.How should I download apps from android market to PC and then PC to Phone?
One second guys,thanx for your priceless opinion on defy.

:neutral:

1: Its Froyo
2: ?
3: Long press any home screen & you can create a folder. Then drag apps inside it
4: You cant ordinarily download apps from the market on your PC. Why will you want to do that?

techfreak

Broken In
@ Soumik & others

In some of the application like bluetooth file transfer app which I installed on defy , the option move to SD is disabled.

Which J2ME app runner will you suggest for running java applications in defy ?

PS : I am on froyo.

soumya.b

Broken In
im going to buy Moto Defy this week form letsbuy....
a) i just want to know how much they are trustworthy site to make such a high value transaction?
b) what abt the after sales service of Motorola?
c) is there any service center available in Kolkata?
pls share ur experience....

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
One of my friends had a very bad experience with Motorola warranty recently. He bought a cheap Motorola phone (costs around 2.5k). Used it for only a month after which its screen died... Just died...

Took it to the service center as it was well withing warranty. Now, those guys had that phone for the next two weeks... In the end, they just returned the phone without repairing, saying they don't have spare parts for that phone... They are not even ready to replace the phone after they couldn't repair it...

This happened in Hyderabad... Such a sad thing. Getting service is a problem...

souravs

Broken In
Thanx.
I downloaded a apps(mayabi) for bengali language.but it is not working.just show a blank square when I want to type in bengali.Opera mini also does not show bengali font.Please share your experience if you anybody know about this problem.

sach1000rt

Journeyman
One of my friends had a very bad experience with Motorola warranty recently. He bought a cheap Motorola phone (costs around 2.5k). Used it for only a month after which its screen died... Just died...

Took it to the service center as it was well withing warranty. Now, those guys had that phone for the next two weeks... In the end, they just returned the phone without repairing, saying they don't have spare parts for that phone... They are not even ready to replace the phone after they couldn't repair it...

This happened in Hyderabad... Such a sad thing. Getting service is a problem...

My nokia 5230 had display problems,took it to service center here in bangalore.they said there is no stock of displays so leave it for 15days. I said illcome back after 15 days. And after 15 days they say the same. So my question was if it takes 15days for that then what I have to use for that time. I sold that mobile. Another case sony ericsson phone had display problem. They took it and guess how much time they took to repair it? 40 days. I had to threaten them with police complaint to get my mobile back.
Bottomline is nobody has perfect service acoording to me.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
My nokia 5230 had display problems,took it to service center here in bangalore.they said there is no stock of displays so leave it for 15days. I said illcome back after 15 days. And after 15 days they say the same. So my question was if it takes 15days for that then what I have to use for that time. I sold that mobile. Another case sony ericsson phone had display problem. They took it and guess how much time they took to repair it? 40 days. I had to threaten them with police complaint to get my mobile back.
Bottomline is nobody has perfect service acoording to me.

Yes buddy... I agree... getting service is a big problem.

arjundg

Broken In
I ordered my Defy through Letsbuy, they have the best customer service ever....but the shipment is done through Aramex Courier. Current status is being shown as "Shipment Forwarded to Mahipalpur City,India", dont know when will I receive it:-?!

So many Defy users in TD, cant we have an official Defy thread here:cool:?

arjundg

Broken In
@ what price...from where u bought...

Bought from Letsbuy.com...it is reliable.
I initially applied the ICICILB discount coupon, but during payment there was a transaction timeout and I had to relogin. This time I made the payment, but realized the coupon was not applied and Rs 15799 has been deducted!!! I then called up the Letsbuy Customer support and they said that the discount will be refunded back to my credit card account. This is a wonderful gesture from Letsbuy, dont think any local shop or other online retailer can ever do that.

So, my final price will be Rs 15799-1200(refund) = Rs 14599. Make sure you apply one of the discount coupons during purchase.

srch07

Journeyman
@arjundg,
Well guess you got lucky ;)

Btw, am feeling like something is seriously wrong with battery backup of defy, or atleast with my one. The battery drains in a day down to 15% even when am not using cell much for anything.

I already pluged in my cell into charging, next time will post complete usage being shown in cell.

Oh and btw, seems like pieces given by letsbuy.com are having froyo installed in defy already. ;)

Top Bottom