Motorola ATRIX 2

rajesh_

Right off the assembly line
Hey friends i need help.I am too confused to buy motorola atrix 2 which is available at 19k price at flipkart.I want a high end multimedia device which should be good for hd gaming,fb,chat,browse & ...
Actually i am confused due to its size,I need a slim one with big screen and budget is 20K.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
its really difficult to find a mobile that satisfies all your needs. there will always be some compromises or later you'll start to complain about one thing or the other. look for Samsung Galaxy S Advanced but it is no match for Atrix 2 except in the screen and internal memory department.

androidfreak

Broken In
Don't go for Motorola phones. They are big liers. They had promised ICS update for their flagship devices like Atrix and Photon, now they backed out saying it will remain on GB. Many people like me bought these phones seeing an ICS update incoming. Dual core 1GB RAM phones not getting ICS, forget about JB.

Buy anything but Motorola, if you care about updates.

androidfreak

Broken In
Yup. It was rolled out in September I guess. Other manufacturers are talking about JB rollout and Moto has just started rollout of ICS. I thought acquisition by Google will improve the situation, but it has worsened it.

OP
R

rajesh_

Right off the assembly line
yes thats why am confused.

what abt xperia U is it a good mobile?

or should i go for neo L .i want a big screen for browsing and game.but i have heard neo L is having some lagging issues....

reddick

Mobile Freak
Xperia U is the best choice for you...Which comes with 3.5" crisp screen powered with Bravia Engine, xLoud music enhancement, Superb Camera, Stunning looks with lighting strip, ICS support, and in the end Sony's brand name which rocks :cool:
I'm using d phone frm d last 2 months with no issues n I really liked it so much :mrgreen:

Last edited:

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
get s advance.have fallen in love with its screen!!! <3
it is supposed to get jelly bean(acc. to websites)

one thing i have noticed is that no one recommends the intel XOLO X900.
it just blows away any sub 20k fones in terms of performance and recieved ics recently.

Soumik

Padawan
Most Moto phones have very good dev support. So, an update to latest Android version shouldbt be a problem. Officially, u should forget abt it. Anyways i never liked the old Motoblur UI. My Defy is officially stuck with 2.2.2. Its currently running 4.1.1 with custom ROMs, and its running it very stably (WIUI JB ROM).
I too recommend Atrix 2. For the price, u cant get anything better. Intel may have good performance, i have doubts about LAVA build quqlity and finishing. Also, x86 platform is not well suited to all Android apps. They are primarily built for ARM and run best on them.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have already ordered it :) *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/164270-20k-lag-free-phone-2.html#post1767788

maninder4k

Broken In
Samsung Galaxy Advance will be better than buying Motorola Atrix 2 because If you don't like that then you will not be able to sell it due to It's resale value is equal to NULL. But If you will go to sell Samsung than you will surely get 70% of the total money.

perplexed

Journeyman
Most Moto phones have very good dev support. So, an update to latest Android version shouldbt be a problem. Officially, u should forget abt it. Anyways i never liked the old Motoblur UI. My Defy is officially stuck with 2.2.2. Its currently running 4.1.1 with custom ROMs, and its running it very stably (WIUI JB ROM).
I too recommend Atrix 2. For the price, u cant get anything better. Intel may have good performance, i have doubts about LAVA build quqlity and finishing. Also, x86 platform is not well suited to all Android apps. They are primarily built for ARM and run best on them.

Just hold Xolo in your hand once and u will realize that phone is made to rule the sub 20k segment. Everything is good be it looks, screen size, performance. The only problem is lack of innovative marketing to penetrate the smokes of established brands like samsung and Xperia.
Camera also needs to be improved. But over all a really god phone.

The guy sitting opposite to my cubicle in ofc has this phone and when I first saw it, I was wondering whether it was some expensive US brand which is not available in India...

Soumik

Padawan
I agree with the looks, screen size and performance.. but am worried abt the quality of materials used to build it. I have used cheap Lava phones, and they are really like the chinese phones to hold in hand.
If they have used quality materials under supervision of Intel, well and good. it is a very decent buy at the price. But am not exactly sure if that would be the case. As far as my exp, you are the first person who i have heard, has actually seen the device in hand. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
LAVA imported the mobile, manufactured by Gigabyte. Hence the solid build quality. Only doubt is who'll provide the service. Heard Intel will provide service but do they have any service center of their own. AFAIK, they rely on some other companies for service.

Top Bottom