Moto Rockr vs Nokia 5320

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Younger bro needs a phone for Music & Games, these 2 are short-listed. I'm a little towards Rockr 'coz I don't like the Xpress series, but at the same time I HATE MOTOROLA.

Budget: ~10k
Requirements: Games & Music

Other than these 2 any options?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
W580i is better than both

If you are thinking of Motorokr E6 for music, my answer is NO. minimal 3rd party apps, crappy music quality in real player.

If you are thinking of motorokr E8, then go ahead. Only thing is that you will need some time to get used to its keypad but audio and video quality are stunning.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ krazzy bhi wohi bola par I'm not really sure about it.

@Desi Mom has that one. So he won't buy that one.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
E8 has a very tiny screen. E6 big screen & touch screen; E8 tiny screen as big as a secondary screen on flap phones.

Howz the gaming scene on these phones - W890 & 5320.

Pathik

Google Bot
The only drawbacks of the 5320 are the small 2" screen, 2 MP cam and no Wi-Fi. Other than that it kicks ass.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Hows gaming on it?

Are there no phones from SE? And what about - 5720; 5610 & 5310?

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
yea.thers a gaming phone coming up by SE.Its the F305. Will be available by October.It also has an accelerometer.So kicks a**

But, dont expect much in terms of gaming.Better get a psp and a 1100.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@@ 5310 and 5610 are very buggy.

Intially, due to their aesthetics, many said wow wow but after usage, they aren't that good.

Check SE W760i. Lot better when compared to many music phones.

Pathik

Google Bot
5700 is discontinued, 5610 and 5310 are relatively crappy S40 phones. Rather get a SE than them.
The 5320 isnt actually gamer-centric but will offer the biggest collection of games, courtesy Symbian.

^^yeah...

especially if he is still an irresponsible kid.

Let him keep 1100 all the time, but snatch the PSP away during examinations :D.

he can't do much with 1100 except make calls, send sms, use alarm (very good quality) and use flashlight (damn useful), so it can't be misused.

And PSP is the king of cheap gaming handhelds.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Guys it looks like 5320 is what my bro is gonna own, he likes it; krazzy & pathik have vouched for it.

One thing, the PC Suite with 6600, 3 years back was rubbish and utter useless as a software. How's the Suite now?

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
^^yeah...

especially if he is still an irresponsible kid.

Let him keep 1100 all the time, but snatch the PSP away during examinations :D.

he can't do much with 1100 except make calls, send sms, use alarm (very good quality) and use flashlight (damn useful), so it can't be misused.

And PSP is the king of cheap gaming handhelds.

Correction: PSP is the king of ALL gaming handhelds. :D

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
lol 5320 is also gaming centric the keys in it are N-GAGE optimized N-GAGE is still under progress for it but you can always install whenever you want :d

sound quality is also great but less than 5610

it got audio chip
The actual audio quality of the 5320 is very good, perhaps thanks to its dedicated audio chip. Music on the 5320 sounds more detailed than on the N95 for example, and it somehow has a lot of "oomph". There's no background hiss during moments of silence. On the old chestnut of gapless playback, there is still a brief pause between tracks, though it's perhaps a bit shorter than on previous S60 devices.

The external speaker is mono as there's only one, but it's fairly good quality and very loud. If you use the speaker on its loudest setting it will drain the battery quite quickly though.

Now if someone coming up with gsmarena review they got the beta version of 5320 and not the resale unit

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol 5320 is also gaming centric the keys in it are N-GAGE optimized N-GAGE is still under progress for it but you can always install whenever you want :d

sound quality is also great but less than 5610

it got audio chip

Now if someone coming up with gsmarena review they got the beta version of 5320 and not the resale unit
I don't think that GSMArena had the beta unit. As far as I remember, Nokia 5320 had been launched in July and GSMArena came out with the review in the 2nd week of August. Thats why I think, they didn't have the Beta unit. Nor they've mentioned in the review that they had the Beta unit.

GSMArena says, that it sounds good but not great.

Though comparatively, it sounds a lot better than Rokr E6. Nokia 5320 is the way to go out of these two.

Though if he wants the best music phone, kindly extend the budget for about 1.2K and get Samsung i450. :) It also got Symbian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom