Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Is Moto G first gen better or 2nd gen?

Flipkart says First Gen is permanently discontinued.??

definitely 2nd gen. 1st gen was discontinued as soon as 2nd gen went on sale.

There are pulled updates backup available over at XDA for G 2014. You need to unlock bootloader though, which is stopping me from applying it.

no need to unlock the bootloader. already updated my sister's moto g to lollipop. just rename the OTA file (remove any space from the name else mobile won't detect the update) and follow the procedure.

[5.0.2][OFFICIAL][XT1068]Lollipop Indian OTA Captured

read the FAQ. i think the rom you were talking about was the brazilian soak test.

PS: i think the final update has to be flashed/updated again which should arrive in a week or two. so those with 2nd gen better hold as there are still a few bugs left.

definitely 2nd gen. 1st gen was discontinued as soon as 2nd gen went on sale.

no need to unlock the bootloader. already updated my sister's moto g to lollipop. just rename the OTA file (remove any space from the name else mobile won't detect the update) and follow the procedure.

[5.0.2][OFFICIAL][XT1068]Lollipop Indian OTA Captured

read the FAQ. i think the rom you were talking about was the brazilian soak test.

PS: i think the final update has to be flashed/updated again which should arrive in a week or two. so those with 2nd gen better hold as there are still a few bugs left.

What is system version 21.11.23 or 21.11.14?

ankush28

Bazinga
I am on 220.21.28... Anyone facing wifi issues? I cannot see ssid if I restart router(its using AES encryption)
However TKIP works fine.

- - - Updated - - -

[Strike]You need to unlock boot loader to flash any zip[/strike]
Signed zip from google can be flashed

Motorola signed zip*

Unlike nexus devices Moto devices comes with recovery which is capable of flashing zip.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Awesome update..
Time to get rid of Swiftkey stock is better..
Face unlock is improved

Missing xposed though

Successfully updated my XT1068 from 21.11.23 to 22.46.28 (Lollipop 5.0.2). Will report any issue as I use the device.. Working fine so far.

*i.imgur.com/Ze3Wh1Y.png

*i.imgur.com/WfeRPv5.png

*i.imgur.com/pzN6HlR.png

soak test is live with a few bugs (brightness slider, wifi, network symbol to name a few) so expect it by early next month.

These are the exact three problems I am facing with lollipop. Brightness slider doesn't work if adaptive brightness is enabled, wifi sometimes doesn't connect unless you open the wifi settings, signal level drops to 0 sometimes. Other than that some screen flickering when closing apps is common. Other than these it's much faster than Kitkat.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
I just updated my first gen moto g to lollipop through ota. It's stable so far. Version is 5.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom