Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikash

Journeyman
Got my moto g today :D

Need tips on what to do and what not to,any apps you all recommend?

My views till now :
Pros- Best phones ever!
Cons-
1)The last calls and add to contacts option is a little complicated
2)There is a lot of empty space on the bottom side of the handset,or is it just me?

My first recommendation, go through at least last 20 pages of this Moto G forum. I mean I've read every single page of this forum out of excitement, that too weeks before buying. Of course you are not gonna get developer like information, but casual things like you said about the apps to install, and issues if any, like the famous volume bug(it's resolved in Kit Kat though). After all it's a discussion forum. You get to know people of your taste-alike, those who chose Moto G over Sammy crap phones.

And, congrats for your new Moto, welcome to the family. :)
And yes, the bezel is little more than Moto X. At the top it's nice, but at the bottom, it's a little more noticeable

bayern_tig

Broken In
Looking to buy the G. Just wanna know whether all the manufacturing defects like light bleed have been sorted out. Real worried bout that.

OT: I wanna sell my N8. Good condition with box and all accessories intact. How much do you reckon it'll sell for?

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah, it looks stupid. They should've had different price brackets for different models.
Since flipkart is only accepting phones which have no physical damage and are in working condition, almost none of the phones listed there are worth exchanging for a mere 2k, I'd rather keep them as a back up set.

Superayush

Tech lover
Hey people can u help me please
I have ordered Moto X but want to ensure I get a good piece
Can u tell me list of things I should check with phone to ensure it has no issues besides battery,screen/touch (any specific moto issues)

rickenjus

In the zone
[MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION] - seriously that much free ram I only get 260-270 mb ..
I hate kit kat on my moto g .. for me jelly bean was a much better performer.. it was so brilliantly optimised. there are lots of bug in kit kat.. most importantly the bug that is causing battry to die early even after turning off google now n location...

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION] - seriously that much free ram I only get 260-270 mb ..
I hate kit kat on my moto g .. for me jelly bean was a much better performer.. it was so brilliantly optimised. there are lots of bug in kit kat.. most importantly the bug that is causing battry to die early even after turning off google now n location...

Kitkat location service is smarter than JB and Google now is not a battery eater. If u have a problem try factory reset once

rickenjus

In the zone
@ SaiyanGoku battery is not a big prblm for me as I am not a heavy user but still it bugs me.. as at first when I used jellybean I was dumbstruck by the battery capacity...

toofan

Technomancer
Check this screen shot if you think battery backup is not that good. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-02-21-13-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-02-21-13-32.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 84

abhijitsb306

Broken In
Does any one know how to enable 5.1 channel in Moto G ? I am unable to get the option in Settings / Google music / Rocket music player.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
One feature that i noticed which is missing , there's no option to delete multiple messages, multiple contacts at all. Even after it sync the google account, there's no option to select some of the messages / contact list to delete them, instead we've to select EACH one of them and delete which is a big letdown. Another prob i faced is that the Internet gets dc'ed after sometime and takes time to reconnect, whereas this doesn't happen with my old samsung y s5360. Is there any workaround here for both of my above problems ?

Arjun609

The Don's Decision.
The best deal for the Price!!!
Moto G:Non Removable Battery-It is not a big problem.Dont overnight charge most of the battery gets bulker.
No SD Slot:Buy the maximum internal storage.If it doesnt satisfy buy a good pendrive with fast read and write more compact to your wish and use a OTG cable and move the music images and movie to it apps cannot be installed to usb

The Final:The Best For That Price,Don't Waste on local brands like microm#x,Kar#on or Etc,the best for an average user with good gaming and enough needs,ad more accessories available

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ long press on any message and then proceed to select all those which you want to delete.

and for the contacts, i think 3rd party contacts app like Contacts+ or GO Contacts can do that.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Okay Guys , after reading this thread and after going through many reviews,etc. , I've ordered Moto G - 16 GB today from Flipkart via COD . My order is scheduled to be delivered by 22nd April. Though I can wait a longer for a new phone and was considering 'Xperia M Dual' but this product appeals so much for it's advantages so I'd gone a month earlier for it.
Here I would also like to thank my thinkdigit forum fellows to help me choosing a VFM product :)
Now waiting for my Moto :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom