Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
also since june 2013 it is available for 16000 in flipkart .. 18000 price was only for 15 days at launch.. then it has been constant at 16k

For those interested, Xperia L is now Rs 13k on ebay.

ankush28

Bazinga
For those interested, Xperia L is now Rs 13k on ebay.

Dont know why peoples are comparing Moto G with Xperia, I've used my class mate's XL and its completely piece of **** comparing with my moto G (running 4.3). Even if that dual core SoC beats moto g's quad but real world performance is completely different.

jhingalala

Broken In
Dont know why peoples are comparing Moto G with Xperia, I've used my class mate's XL and its completely piece of **** comparing with my moto G (running 4.3). Even if that dual core SoC beats moto g's quad but real world performance is completely different.

yes forget L and start comparing with this one

Sony Xperia G mid-ranger coming soon, here is the first live pic - GSMArena.com news

They have copied the name also!

ankush28

Bazinga
OTA update's download speed is very slow :( still stuck on 49% (2Mbps connection)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
There is no way Xperia L is faster than Moto G. I have been using Xperia L for 6 months before I replaced it with Moto G.

From my experience Moto G is definitely faster than Xperia L. To give you an example, when I play heavy games in Xperia L and press the home button during the middle of the game, there will be a visible lag for the home screen widgets and apps to appear. This happens when I have opened many applications and games. In Moto G, no matter how many apps I have opened, when I press the Home button in the middle of a game, it just takes me to the home screen without any lag.

this is because moto G is Heavily optimized... there is no skin On Moto G .. it's a stock android phone

whereas xperia has its own custom UI also you are comparing to android 4.1/4.2 to 4.3 .. 4.3 itself is optimized

- - - Updated - - -

Well, why it was not optimized? Will doing so give a heart attack to the "dual-core" processor?

motorola had the back of google don't forget that in order to speed up the development of moto G motorola must have used engineers from google.. they were very fast with updating all their old phones to kitkat no manufacturers till date was able to do that ..

- - - Updated - - -

+1 to this.
I dont think L as more VFM than G just being the winner in SoC segment.Normal users will rate G higher except in heavy gaming may be!
to me both of them have same camera ( not MP though) . and reg SD slot..G can be used with meenova after third party app download!

why are you comparing a 2013 phone with 2014 phone ? i never compared xperia L to moto G for buying purposes..just cleared the doubt to the user who thinks xperia L has a weak processor.. you will have to compare moto G vs Xperia G for a fair competition ...

Xperia G specs

720P screen
1.4 GHz snapdragon 400 ( same as moto G clocked higher )
Android 4.4
Micro SD
Better camera
sexier looks

also though xperia L camera is crap it is much better than Moto G atleast

Last edited:

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
yeah, kitkat is great.
I only used it for only half an hour though..I've applied the gadgetshieldz, so the phone is off right now.:-x

rish1

Cyborg Agent

yes forget L and start comparing with this one

They have copied the name also!

since When did using a letter G became a name ?

Xperia Have used letters for their models from 2012 , whereas moto has started using it in 2013 with moto X ..

they have used to let the customer know it is direct competitor to Moto G what is wrong with that ?

anky

Youngling
yeah, kitkat is great.
I only used it for only half an hour though..I've applied the gadgetshieldz, so the phone is off right now.:-x
which liquid soap did u used..?..i also received gadgetshieldz today..but i forgot to buy tissue paper(to use it with credit card to swipe the bubbles) so i will use it tomorrow...

rickenjus

In the zone
@anky... I will update moto g tomorrow..

And I am also considering gadgetshieldz.. plz tell after applying it whether it reduces visibility under sunlight.. or affects viewing.. cause I seriously love moto g's display and dont want a downgrade...

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
@anky
johnson's baby shampoo...i wasn't able to set it on properly.
i set it more to the right, exposing the left side(just a tiny bit)
It's looking great though...and I'm going to let it off for only 12hrs.

anky

Youngling
@anky... I will update moto g tomorrow..

And I am also considering gadgetshieldz.. plz tell after applying it whether it reduces visibility under sunlight.. or affects viewing.. cause I seriously love moto g's display and dont want a downgrade...
okay..will tell you..but from the reviews i have seen of gadgetshieldz, it does not affect screen quality..

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
a guide i found-
*forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43228946&postcount=14681
it's not that different, but do read it.

Last edited:

anky

Youngling
@anky
johnson's baby shampoo...i wasn't able to set it on properly.
i set it more to the right, exposing the left side(just a tiny bit)
It's looking great though...and I'm going to let it off for only 12hrs.

****..i have to buy whole bottle..it doesn't come in pouch..:/

rickenjus

In the zone
@rish.. 1st thing if u r "comparing specs" of these phones.. both xperia l and moto g are 2013 phone... availability might be a different thing.. and xperia l was launched here at a price tag of rs 18,990 while moto g came @13999.. the way xperia l's price came down, moto g will follow same suit...
and I am quite sure xperia g will be priced above 17k as leaks indicates its a LTE model..
so when xperia g will be finally available in the market the price difference would be quite large..
and moto g would still be a better bang for bucks...

roshan4uever

Broken In
My moto g makes vibration kind sound /noise while speaking on call. Does anybody experienced same???

Status
Not open for further replies.