Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankush28

Bazinga
For those interested, Xperia L is now Rs 13k on ebay.

Dont know why peoples are comparing Moto G with Xperia, I've used my class mate's XL and its completely piece of **** comparing with my moto G (running 4.3). Even if that dual core SoC beats moto g's quad but real world performance is completely different.

jhingalala

Broken In
Dont know why peoples are comparing Moto G with Xperia, I've used my class mate's XL and its completely piece of **** comparing with my moto G (running 4.3). Even if that dual core SoC beats moto g's quad but real world performance is completely different.

yes forget L and start comparing with this one

Sony Xperia G mid-ranger coming soon, here is the first live pic - GSMArena.com news

They have copied the name also!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
There is no way Xperia L is faster than Moto G. I have been using Xperia L for 6 months before I replaced it with Moto G.

From my experience Moto G is definitely faster than Xperia L. To give you an example, when I play heavy games in Xperia L and press the home button during the middle of the game, there will be a visible lag for the home screen widgets and apps to appear. This happens when I have opened many applications and games. In Moto G, no matter how many apps I have opened, when I press the Home button in the middle of a game, it just takes me to the home screen without any lag.

this is because moto G is Heavily optimized... there is no skin On Moto G .. it's a stock android phone

whereas xperia has its own custom UI also you are comparing to android 4.1/4.2 to 4.3 .. 4.3 itself is optimized

- - - Updated - - -

Well, why it was not optimized? Will doing so give a heart attack to the "dual-core" processor?

motorola had the back of google don't forget that in order to speed up the development of moto G motorola must have used engineers from google.. they were very fast with updating all their old phones to kitkat no manufacturers till date was able to do that ..

- - - Updated - - -

+1 to this.
I dont think L as more VFM than G just being the winner in SoC segment.Normal users will rate G higher except in heavy gaming may be!
to me both of them have same camera ( not MP though) . and reg SD slot..G can be used with meenova after third party app download!

why are you comparing a 2013 phone with 2014 phone ? i never compared xperia L to moto G for buying purposes..just cleared the doubt to the user who thinks xperia L has a weak processor.. you will have to compare moto G vs Xperia G for a fair competition ...

Xperia G specs

720P screen
1.4 GHz snapdragon 400 ( same as moto G clocked higher )
Android 4.4
Micro SD
Better camera
sexier looks

also though xperia L camera is crap it is much better than Moto G atleast

Last edited:

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
yeah, kitkat is great.
I only used it for only half an hour though..I've applied the gadgetshieldz, so the phone is off right now.:-x

rish1

Cyborg Agent

yes forget L and start comparing with this one

They have copied the name also!

since When did using a letter G became a name ?

Xperia Have used letters for their models from 2012 , whereas moto has started using it in 2013 with moto X ..

they have used to let the customer know it is direct competitor to Moto G what is wrong with that ?

anky

Youngling
yeah, kitkat is great.
I only used it for only half an hour though..I've applied the gadgetshieldz, so the phone is off right now.:-x
which liquid soap did u used..?..i also received gadgetshieldz today..but i forgot to buy tissue paper(to use it with credit card to swipe the bubbles) so i will use it tomorrow...

rickenjus

In the zone
@anky... I will update moto g tomorrow..

And I am also considering gadgetshieldz.. plz tell after applying it whether it reduces visibility under sunlight.. or affects viewing.. cause I seriously love moto g's display and dont want a downgrade...

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
@anky
johnson's baby shampoo...i wasn't able to set it on properly.
i set it more to the right, exposing the left side(just a tiny bit)
It's looking great though...and I'm going to let it off for only 12hrs.

anky

Youngling
@anky... I will update moto g tomorrow..

And I am also considering gadgetshieldz.. plz tell after applying it whether it reduces visibility under sunlight.. or affects viewing.. cause I seriously love moto g's display and dont want a downgrade...
okay..will tell you..but from the reviews i have seen of gadgetshieldz, it does not affect screen quality..

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
a guide i found-
*forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=43228946&postcount=14681
it's not that different, but do read it.

Last edited:

anky

Youngling
@anky
johnson's baby shampoo...i wasn't able to set it on properly.
i set it more to the right, exposing the left side(just a tiny bit)
It's looking great though...and I'm going to let it off for only 12hrs.

****..i have to buy whole bottle..it doesn't come in pouch..:/

rickenjus

In the zone
@rish.. 1st thing if u r "comparing specs" of these phones.. both xperia l and moto g are 2013 phone... availability might be a different thing.. and xperia l was launched here at a price tag of rs 18,990 while moto g came @13999.. the way xperia l's price came down, moto g will follow same suit...
and I am quite sure xperia g will be priced above 17k as leaks indicates its a LTE model..
so when xperia g will be finally available in the market the price difference would be quite large..
and moto g would still be a better bang for bucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom