Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
@rish.. 1st thing if u r "comparing specs" of these phones.. both xperia l and moto g are 2013 phone... availability might be a different thing..

oh come on that statement was an implied one.. xperia L was announced in February last year while moto G was announced in november .. they both are approximately 1 year apart ( 8-9 months apart to be precise.In smartphone industry where phones are outdated in 4-5 months that is definitely a full generation gap )

and xperia l was launched here at a price tag of rs 18,990 while moto g came @13999.. the way xperia l's price came down, moto g will follow same suit...
Regarding price xperia L was launched really overpriced at that time 19k for 1 gb ram was way too much overpriced that is why sony corrected itself within its 20 days of launch... this phone saw a 2500 rs cut within 20-25 days , no phone gets this much price cut so quick..

Moto G price is not going to come down for another 4-5 months because it is already priced right... look at xperia M how much drop in the price have you seen in that phone almost nothing till now because it was priced rightly.. so don't hold your hopes for price cut..

and I am quite sure xperia g will be priced above 17k as leaks indicates its a LTE model..
so when xperia g will be finally available in the market the price difference would be quite large..
and moto g would still be a better bang for bucks...

The benchmark indicates that the phone is sporting snapdragon MSM8226( which is not LTE) .. even if it ends up having LTE there will be a version without LTE that will be released in INDIA.. just like all other phones in the past because there are hardly any phones that can use LTE in India (TDD-LTE)

jhingalala

Broken In
a guide i found-
xda-developers - View Single Post - Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]
it's not that different, but do read it.

Never knew applying screenguard is that tough.
btw reg moto g, i have 2 qs as i am new to android.

1. my phone is not detecting any pdf book.any reason?do i need reading app even to identify a file?
2. I downloaded 3 videos from my pc to internal storage, it is showing only just 1. The songs also appeared after one restart.am i missing a trick?
do i need a file manager to easily access the folders as i can see on my pc? i created a folder but cant see it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well in some benchmarks moto G even beats Nexus 4. but that does not mean it's superior to Nexus 4. :p

thats because N4 was on 4.3 JB and Moto G was on KK 4.4.

Plus, Motorola has optimised Dalvik in Moto X (and probably Moto G) to point that it performed better than on ART (android runtime) in real world performance and benchmarks.

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Just a minor problem some users might have,

[YOUTUBE]PVjwDR6krEg[/YOUTUBE]

And could anyone recommend me good power banks for moto g.

Now I don't know anyone personally owning a Samsung power bank but I wish this were available here

How is Moto G from development point of view?

I'm going to start off with Android development.

How is Moto G going to fare? Or should I go for a second hand Nexus 4?

Obviously an N4 is better than the G, but then there is a lot happening over at XDA.

You already have SlimKat, Paranoid Android and Carbon ROMs for it. Heck, there's even a thread underway to address the issue of dual-SIM support(but its rudimentary at best)

When a phone a like Gionee E7 can have a thread of its own then are certainly more factors in favour of the G. And besides, its not usual that developers like @faux123 work on a Non-Nexus device

how good/bad does asphalt 8 works on this ???

[YOUTUBE]UTAvTzfQ1KI[/YOUTUBE]

You can also head over to this dedicated thread. I initially assumed some previous titles like 9mm would work but they are known to be incompatible, damn (I was looking to get this phone for someone who games occasionally)

My moto g makes vibration kind sound /noise while speaking on call. Does anybody experienced same???
Unfortunately, there are indeed some issues reported and you might have had happened to experience one of them as I mentioned here some time back

6 glitches and bugs with the Moto G, and how to fix them

I think the rattling issue is quite weird and as far as the call quality goes, one review does mention that its a bit feeble

Superayush

Tech lover
Android 4.4 is out for moto g in India,guys who have updated pls share what differences u observe,any bugs/optimisations pls tell :)

anky

Youngling
a guide i found-
xda-developers - View Single Post - Nexus 4 Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]
it's not that different, but do read it.
hows gadgetshield working..?..any bubbles left..?..

rickenjus

In the zone
updated to kit Kat.. facing some signal loss issue in both sim even though used to get full signal earlier ...

- - - Updated - - -

whats happening is one time signal is full and other sec only one bar. .....

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Never knew applying screenguard is that tough.
btw reg moto g, i have 2 qs as i am new to android.

1. my phone is not detecting any pdf book.any reason?do i need reading app even to identify a file?
2. I downloaded 3 videos from my pc to internal storage, it is showing only just 1. The songs also appeared after one restart.am i missing a trick?
do i need a file manager to easily access the folders as i can see on my pc? i created a folder but cant see it.

1.for pdf download kingsoft office(or use the pre-install quick office)
2.for video download mx player, the missing songs is strange.if the songs still not appearing try other 3rd party music player
3.it's handy to have a file manager, download ex file explorer

- - - Updated - - -

hows gadgetshield working..?..any bubbles left..?..
there are few tiny bubbles but they should go away according to the manual:neutral:

- - - Updated - - -

ps.
when i was updating to kitkat, the battery was fully charged but after the updated it dropped to 49%.
But the weird part was that it took only 5 minutes for the battery to fully charged after that(49% to 100%)...It was a glitch i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom