Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sweet price. Good to see companies have their sanity intact. For the processor Moto G have, the pricing is sweet.
Also, one who desired sweet support from XDA remember to buy only single sim models. Most of the devs on XDA won't have access to a dual SIM variant. So your choice of getting support on a dual SIM may be limited.

I would have LOVE to have Moto G, but my LG O1 is not giving me any reason to upgrade! :oops:
Damn!

anky

Youngling
you quoted me while i was editing it ..
just a few things i wanted to clear out..
i was talking about GPU performance in the previous post..

as for CPU performance keep in mind a dual core Krait is still much better and Powerful than quad cortex A7..

For Gaming - you shouldn't be concerned about CPU as it won't matter.. But since Moto G has a 720p Screen the gaming performance will be weaker compared to Xperia L ( old one )..

Don't think of Moto G as a great performer think of Moto G as a complete package.. great screen , build quality,Good enough performance , Great Price..

The only real Competitor right now looks like Xperia L refresh .. But who knows what will be the price ? Moto G price is definitely going to put pressure on Sony now .. they can't price it at 17-18k and expect it to sell.. if they can somehow magically come at a 15k price ( i am being over optimistic here ) then i guess xperia L refresh would be a better choice otherwise i don't see any other branded phone ( not including lenovo here ) to compete with moto G .

Moto G has really hit a homerun now with the price... wait 10 more days and you will start seeing discount/cashback offers from ebay,amazon and other sites for 12.5-13k for 16 gb version .. In any case nobody should buy 8 gb version

are you sure...? should i wait or pre order it from flipkart (wen it starts)...anyhow i want this phone in my hands before march 3 (my bday) :p..

rickenjus

In the zone
God I'm so excited now.... in afternoon I saw 16gb was priced @ 14,499, I was super happy back then, then there was a big power cut here, my phone's battery died, then now as soon as power came, I rushed to switch my pc on and jumped on chair, and opened this page. Feels so good that flipkart didn't fcked up... and gave a reason to cheer. :) but why this "coming soon" tag still now.

rickenjus

In the zone
No problem here, after waiting for so long its not gonna hurt to wait one more day. And after such good pricing I can wait happily.

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Sweet price. Good to see companies have their sanity intact. For the processor Moto G have, the pricing is sweet.
Also, one who desired sweet support from XDA remember to buy only single sim models. Most of the devs on XDA won't have access to a dual SIM variant. So your choice of getting support on a dual SIM may be limited.

But unfortunately, we are not getting single SIM models. Only dual SIM variants are available right now. :(

toofan

Technomancer
I am buying this phone for this price. But will it be better to buy it today midnight orr wait for 1 or 2 months. As the discount voucher will not be of any use to me.. And I am not in hurry. ;D
My crappy Samsung Star 3 duos (which is a downgraded version of Star 2 duos) is running well for time being. ;)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
are you sure...? should i wait or pre order it from flipkart (wen it starts)...anyhow i want this phone in my hands before march 3 (my bday) :p..

Anybody who can wait should wait till at least 24 February

first all new devices that are going to be launched will be revealed by then so you can make an informed decision
second most likely you will get a 7 or 10 % off discount/cashback deal .. so savings of around 1000 rs

elafanto

Journeyman

I would have LOVE to have Moto G, but my LG O1 is not giving me any reason to upgrade! :oops:
Damn!
Hi Vyom,
I Think All ROMs on XDA working for Dual sim also but as Single sim Till Now, And Indian Devs Will come On this devise as soon they get this one.

Is this comes without Carger and Headphones??? Is this true for Indian version also????

It comes With Charger and Headphone, Confirmed by Flipkart.

Happy to Someone from Haldwani, on TDF :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Right in this sweet spot Motorola. :D just like I predicted, atmost Rs 15k for 16 GB version.

but since it was taking too long for them to launch it, I already ordered optimus g for 13.7k from eBay. :hyper:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Will wait a month or two for single sim. Aftermarket rom is a must for me and my current mobile is working too. single sim will cost less plus all these offers will be gone by then leaving the price even more low.

ankush28

Bazinga
I think ALL roms are working on dual sim verion! You won't be able to use second sim! That's it, so not a big deal.

Guys what are your opinion should I order as it launches or wait more(I know I can't :lol: )?
And what about CoD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom