Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anky

Youngling
yes man..!!...finally..!!!...i just want to ask one thing after the discussing so long about the price...is it worth it at this price..?
i mean for features...screen is great!..but the processor??...it is not future proof at all...so worth buying??...i am looking forward to buy 8GB model...and snapdeal is giving 1 yr accidental warranty + one yr extended warranty..!!...so to go with flipkart or snapdeal??

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Now 13,999 at FK updated for 16 gb

Moto G Price in India - Buy Moto G Black 16 GB Online - Motorola: Flipkart.com

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
WOW. I am genuinely surprised with the pricing. was expecting 16 Gb dual sim model to be around 16K. My next phone for sure:-D.

invisiblebond

Journeyman
Moto G, available exclusively on Flipkart at an exceptional price - Rs 12,499 for 8GB and Rs 13,999 for 16GB - after 12AM IST February 6. Free e-books, an exclusive 70% discount on shells and more
*plus.google.com/+Motorola/posts/QNe6Zv4fcyz

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Very very good price..

yes man..!!...finally..!!!...i just want to ask one thing after the discussing so long about the price...is it worth it at this price..?
i mean for features...screen is great!..but the processor??...it is not future proof at all...so worth buying??...i am looking forward to buy 8GB model...and snapdeal is giving 1 yr accidental warranty + one yr extended warranty..!!...so to go with flipkart or snapdeal??

Do not buy 8 gb model , go for 16 gb itself.. you will regret 8 gb model

as for Processor only Chinese brands are going to overpower Moto G .. you won't find any better processor at this price atleast not for another 6 months from snapdragon ..

Tegra 4i will be so much better than snapdragon but that remains to be seen how many devices will be using it.. i am keeping my hopes on nvidia (but then again nvidia has a bad history of letting down)

tegra 4i is a 2.3 ghz quad core Cortex A9 rev 4 with a tegra 4 Gpu but with 60 cores instead of 72.. so it should be in the range of Adreno 320..

If you really want performance then buy lg optimus G ..

but overall i am very happy with the price , now moto G will be a very big seller no doubt..

anky

Youngling
Very very good price..

Do not buy 8 gb model , go for 16 gb itself.. you will regret 8 gb model

as for Processor only Chinese brands are going to overpower Moto G .. you won't find any better processor at this price atleast not for another 6 months from snapdragon ..

Tegra 4i will be so much better than snapdragon but that remains to be seen how many devices will be using it.. i am keeping my hopes on nvidia (but then again nvidia has a bad history of letting down)

tegra 4i is a 2.3 ghz quad core Cortex A9 rev 4 with a tegra 4 Gpu but with 60 cores instead of 72.. so it should be in the range of Adreno 320..

If you really want performance then buy lg optimus G ..

but overall i am very happy with the price , now moto G will be a very big seller no doubt..

great..!!...m gonna buy this for sure...my old xperia go is gonna die soon...willl sell it and buy moto g..now its for 14k so will surely buy 16 gb model only..!...praying that i get to pre-order in time..:p

samudragupta

Youngling
8GB model is priced at just INR 12,499 & 16GB model is priced at INR 13,999. Wow this is great news that price is competitive... I will replace my fathers xperia E dual with this one... I hope flipkart dont overprice this...they suck at overpricing stuff on their site....

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
People are crazy for Moto G just like when Iphone was launched in US

There are currently 42 users browsing this thread. (18 members and 24 guests)
Zangetsu*,
ankush28,
arkkrish,
sandeepsingh,
abhidev+,
rish,
getvmurali,
deadkiss 009,
samudragupta,
anky,
Nerevarine,
sandynator,
puli44,
maheshmohan.mu,
ghouse12311,
srkmish,
lywyre

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Does it come with standard charger and earphone? I saw reviews showing it contain phone and usb cable only.

Is it better than gionee phones in terms of service and build?

rish1

Cyborg Agent
great..!!...m gonna buy this for sure...my old xperia go is gonna die soon...willl sell it and buy moto g..now its for 14k so will surely buy 16 gb model only..!...praying that i get to pre-order in time..:p

you quoted me while i was editing it ..
just a few things i wanted to clear out..
i was talking about GPU performance in the previous post..

as for CPU performance keep in mind a dual core Krait is still much better and Powerful than quad cortex A7..

For Gaming - you shouldn't be concerned about CPU as it won't matter.. But since Moto G has a 720p Screen the gaming performance will be weaker compared to Xperia L ( old one )..

Don't think of Moto G as a great performer think of Moto G as a complete package.. great screen , build quality,Good enough performance , Great Price..

The only real Competitor right now looks like Xperia L refresh .. But who knows what will be the price ? Moto G price is definitely going to put pressure on Sony now .. they can't price it at 17-18k and expect it to sell.. if they can somehow magically come at a 15k price ( i am being over optimistic here ) then i guess xperia L refresh would be a better choice otherwise i don't see any other branded phone ( not including lenovo here ) to compete with moto G .

Moto G has really hit a homerun now with the price... wait 10 more days and you will start seeing discount/cashback offers from ebay,amazon and other sites for 12.5-13k for 16 gb version .. In any case nobody should buy 8 gb version

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom